Canada Toys R Us Bricktober FREE Streetview Builds

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Canada Toys R Us Bricktober FREE Streetview Builds

Post by legome » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Just got an email from Toys R Us.. free Streetview Build for a purchase of $75 or more.. there's 4 different ones for the month..

basically small little modulars

40180 Bricktober Theatre
40181 Bricktober Pizza Place
40182 Bricktober Fire Station
40183 Bricktober Town Hall

I believe you can purchase these straight up at Toys R Us in the States for $20 if I'm not mistaken..
Last edited by legome on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mobilelinkage
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Toys R Us Bricktober FREE Streetview Builds

Post by mobilelinkage » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:17 pm

And the worst thing is, there is no sale at TRU this week at all!

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:11 pm

And just when you thought Bricktober couldn't get any worse. :down: Normally, I use Bricktober and its exclusive gifts as an excuse to pick up sets on sale that I didn't get earlier in the year. If they're not even going to dignify the "celebration" with a weekly sale this year, then I'll skip it entirely (unless the Bricktober sets can be purchased individually) and just celebrate at home with my backlogged sets.

EdgarDoiron
I'm New !

Post by EdgarDoiron » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:44 am

QuagsireQing wrote:And just when you thought Bricktober couldn't get any worse. :down: Normally, I use Bricktober and its exclusive gifts as an excuse to pick up sets on sale that I didn't get earlier in the year. If they're not even going to dignify the "celebration" with a weekly sale this year, then I'll skip it entirely (unless the Bricktober sets can be purchased individually) and just celebrate at home with my backlogged sets.
I'm pretty sure people said the sets were available at 20$ each

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:06 am

EdgarDoiron wrote:I'm pretty sure people said the sets were available at 20$ each
Not in Canada, they aren't, or if they are, it's a YMMV thing. My local Toys 'R' Us does not sell them separately, and returns any potential leftovers to warehouse.
Last edited by QuagsireQing on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:18 am

EdgarDoiron wrote:
QuagsireQing wrote:And just when you thought Bricktober couldn't get any worse. :down: Normally, I use Bricktober and its exclusive gifts as an excuse to pick up sets on sale that I didn't get earlier in the year. If they're not even going to dignify the "celebration" with a weekly sale this year, then I'll skip it entirely (unless the Bricktober sets can be purchased individually) and just celebrate at home with my backlogged sets.
I'm pretty sure people said the sets were available at 20$ each
I believe it was in the US where you can usually buy them for a price, like the mini-figures sets from pass years.

ilovelacus
I'm New !

Post by ilovelacus » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:11 pm

$75 each time...thats a very high entry bar...sad

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:44 pm

ilovelacus wrote:$75 each time...thats a very high entry bar...sad
It was $75 last year, too, but at least there were sales. I've always been a bit of a Bricktober apologist, even as the event got less spectacular each year. I know the sales weren't anything that Toys 'R' Us doesn't already do five times a year, but those sales combined with the free gifts and the idea of an annual tradition always made Bricktober feel like the right time to buy non-exclusive LEGO. I always plan to spend at least $100-$150 each week of the month buying LEGO that I usually wouldn't, so their marketing obviously worked.

With no sales this week, though, I have no real reason to go into the store to buy anything, and since I'm already missing out on the first of the exclusive Bricktober sets, I feel no need to make return visits to collect the rest of them, even if there are sales in subsequent weeks. On top of that, the Bricktober sets are for sale individually in the States, making them less rare and driving down their resale value. Altogether, just based on this first day alone, this Bricktober looks like one that even the most loyal customer can let pass by.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:25 pm

What is the star wars mini figure trade in event? Any ideas what kind of mini figure i can expect when trading one in?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:13 pm

LEGO sent out one box of four mini sets about two weeks ago, I think it's the fire station. That got past the clueless stockers. That set is being sold for $20 (It's really a $10 set). The others are in the back and will not get sold, or will be much more YMMV because they all came in at once.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:59 am

Since there's no exclusive minifigs in these sets it's really not worth that much...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Lacking good discount and minifigure in the promo set, this year bricktober event can't motivate me to spend $75 at TRUs. I rather spend my money on lego shop for earning double VIP and elves promo set. Just my 2 cents.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:25 pm

^ Yup - I second that one... LEGO Shop is a much better place - double VIP and the holiday set... :)
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:20 am

Since mini-modulars are my #2 favorite thing in LEGO, I cannot pass up these sets. Maybe if there is lackluster as seen in this thread, I'll be able to score additional sets after the promo.
TRU is not suppose to sell these without the promo, but they do after the promo is over and they still have stock.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:55 am

legohunter wrote:Lacking good discount and minifigure in the promo set, this year bricktober event can't motivate me to spend $75 at TRUs. I rather spend my money on lego shop for earning double VIP and elves promo set. Just my 2 cents.

Plus LEGO Shop has those awesome $10 holiday sets, the bat, turkey, reindeer and snowman which TRU doesn't carry.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Looks like this week there are no sales again... only a few lines where you can get bonus airmiles... They do have the Ninjago "Brown" Ninja polybag with a purchase of $30 or more (Friends excluded).. I'm assuming you can combine but I did not look at the fine print..

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:16 pm

At least it can't really get any worse for Bricktober from this point onward...

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:12 am

harry99 wrote:At least it can't really get any worse for Bricktober from this point onward...
This year's shenanigans are so insulting that no Bricktober at all would have been better.

Taveren
I'm New !

Post by Taveren » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:51 pm

I bought a few small sets that were still MSRP, along with the theater set for $20, making my total enough to meet the promo and ended up with another theater set for free. Sold one of them on ebay for $35, making up for the lack of a Bricktober sale :-D

gvsualan
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gvsualan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:45 am

The mailer I got (I think they are sent once a month) from TRU includes a 20% coupon off one reg. Price item. We also get the BRU mailer, and that generally includes a $5 off a $25 purchase: so if you get those, then there's your sales.