ToysRUs Canada LEGO Bricktober 2015 - Week 2

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
znarf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

ToysRUs Canada LEGO Bricktober 2015 - Week 2

Post by znarf » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:17 pm

From October 9-15, Toys R Us Canada will be offering a free LEGO Train Station set (Min 48 per store) with LEGO purchases above $75. In addition, you can also get a free LEGO Joker Bumper Car polybag with LEGO purchases above $25 (excludes LEGO Friends and clearance items. Max 25 per store).

Still no sales.

As well it looks like TrU will finally have the latest series of Mixels in stock.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: ToysRUs Canada LEGO Bricktober 2015 - Week 2

Post by winbrant » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:33 pm

They didn't let me buy the Joker Bumper Car separately and they kept them all behind customer service :sad:

I was going to use that polybag to take me past $75 so as to get the building and an additional Joker.

It would also appear you might be able to use LEGO Dimensions toward this? There's nothing saying against this...anyone try?

AbuTaleb
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by AbuTaleb » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Last week I asked for the Space Vehicle, they told me that they dont have it any more. I went today to the same TRU and I found the Space Vehicle on the shelf for sale.
I really don't like TRU.

znarf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by znarf » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:10 am

winbrant wrote:They didn't let me buy the Joker Bumper Car separately and they kept them all behind customer service :sad:

I was going to use that polybag to take me past $75 so as to get the building and an additional Joker.
Yeah, there's a chance some may show up on the shelf when their promos rotate to week 3, but my TrU ran out of them by Friday afternoon.
winbrant wrote: It would also appear you might be able to use LEGO Dimensions toward this? There's nothing saying against this...anyone try?
I was considering the same thing but saw a sign in the middle of the Dimension display stating that they weren't eligible purchases towards the Bricktober promos. BUT, if your store didn't have a sign, then it's worth a try. I'd just pick a less experienced staff member to ring you out if possible. I purchased the GoG Milano (price matched at $75 to walmart.ca), and as the senior dude who was serving me was packing it up with just the week 2 train station, I asked about the Joker polybag and was told that because I was price matching a "clearance" item that technically I wasn't eligible for any of the freebies (but since he didn't have to scan the train station, and the fact he recognized me from before when we got to talking lego, was why I got that one). Last week I price matched another clearance item to get the week 1 hotel, and was given the space buggy polybag but an obviously relatively new cashier. So YMMV, but it's always worth a try.

habs72
I'm New !

Post by habs72 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:50 am

Went to my local TRU yesterday. Picked up the new Millennium Falcon and used the 10% of coupon I received from the Force Friday event. Received both the Bricktober Train Station and the Joker Bumper Car with the purchase. All in all a successful trip.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:07 am

habs72 wrote:Went to my local TRU yesterday. Picked up the new Millennium Falcon and used the 10% of coupon I received from the Force Friday event. Received both the Bricktober Train Station and the Joker Bumper Car with the purchase. All in all a successful trip.
The Falcon is a great build. Enjoy it.

I may try for the TRU shop in week 4, but I'm trying very hard to cut back on spending as the year finishes. I have spent way too much on LEGO in 2015.