Walmart in-store Darkseid Invasion

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
PoisonIvy
Citizen
Citizen

Walmart in-store Darkseid Invasion

Post by PoisonIvy » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:35 pm

Check online for store stock. $30 in my area.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-super- ... 0189905331

For winnipegers, there's one left at Taylor. Marked $65 still but scans $30. Portage ave shows limited stock.

jeffculligan
I'm New !

Re: Walmart in-store Darkseid Invasion

Post by jeffculligan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am

Thanks! I think I just got the last one at Stockyards in Toronto.

tezakhiago
I'm New !

Post by tezakhiago » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks for the tip! I picked up two at Sage Hill store in Calgary. They had two more, I'm just not sure of the resale on this set so I didn't grab them all.

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Great tip. Thx. Picked up two from Westmount, Edmonton. There was still one at the back of the shelf.
Last edited by rexx on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

rich sandor
I'm New !

Post by rich sandor » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Found two at squamish walmart. Shelf label was $60. Scanned in at $30 though. Only bought one. Other box was scrunched up.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:27 am

Congrats to those that found one. Great figs in this set.

luca1980
Peasant
Peasant

Post by luca1980 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:36 am

Whoever wants one, i have it on sale for 50$ plus shipping.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:10 pm

My local WM has them, but still scan for 75.

darrenj72
I'm New !

Post by darrenj72 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:37 pm

Was able to find 3 in maple ridge b.c Walmart and wife picked up 5 more in Saskatchewan on her way home from vacation

darrenj72
I'm New !

Post by darrenj72 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:39 pm

Massakassa just take a picture of the online price and they will match it as it a home office markdown but clearly the department manager is not up on their price adustments

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:45 am

luca1980 wrote:Whoever wants one, i have it on sale for 50$ plus shipping.
Please feel free to use the appropriate B/S/T forum for this:

http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33

I'm not certain it's a particularly gregarious strategy to scoop up a deal and offer it back to the same thread at an inflated price.

luca1980
Peasant
Peasant

Post by luca1980 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:47 am

PalaceBrother wrote:
luca1980 wrote:Whoever wants one, i have it on sale for 50$ plus shipping.
Please feel free to use the appropriate B/S/T forum for this:

http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33

I'm not certain it's a particularly gregarious strategy to scoop up a deal and offer it back to the same thread at an inflated price.
I didnt know that selling a set with 40% discount from retail price was considered "inflated"....lol
I just wanted to be nice toward any other users Who missed the deal.
Silly People around here....

lukecs
I'm New !

Post by lukecs » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:00 pm

I think a majority of people would disagree with you Luca. I think a vast majority of people dislike knowing they are giving money to someone for reselling something for more than they bought it for. Fair, legal or what not, it makes most people feel wronged and makes most people despise those people for doing nothing other than buying low and selling high, regardless of how reasonable the price is. No different then scalping tickets. I think PalaceBrother's comments are fair, that while what you are doing is not necessarily unethical by most peoples standards its definitely something that is sociably frowned upon. Only person who is silly is you, for not realizing that.

luca1980
Peasant
Peasant

Post by luca1980 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am

You are right.
I just put it on ebay for 109$.
50$ was too nice of a price.

Little3piggies
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Little3piggies » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:37 am

lukecs wrote:I think a majority of people would disagree with you Luca. I think a vast majority of people dislike knowing they are giving money to someone for reselling something for more than they bought it for. Fair, legal or what not, it makes most people feel wronged and makes most people despise those people for doing nothing other than buying low and selling high, regardless of how reasonable the price is. No different then scalping tickets. I think PalaceBrother's comments are fair, that while what you are doing is not necessarily unethical by most peoples standards its definitely something that is sociably frowned upon. Only person who is silly is you, for not realizing that.
I agree with luca. Why would anyone expect him to sell it to them at the same price he got it for? He tracked it down, he spent time and money on gas to get it. He was actually being nice to take a cut on his potential profit to give someone on here a good deal.

kinwolf
I'm New !

Post by kinwolf » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:52 am

Little3piggies wrote:
lukecs wrote:I think a majority of people would disagree with you Luca. I think a vast majority of people dislike knowing they are giving money to someone for reselling something for more than they bought it for. Fair, legal or what not, it makes most people feel wronged and makes most people despise those people for doing nothing other than buying low and selling high, regardless of how reasonable the price is. No different then scalping tickets. I think PalaceBrother's comments are fair, that while what you are doing is not necessarily unethical by most peoples standards its definitely something that is sociably frowned upon. Only person who is silly is you, for not realizing that.
I agree with luca. Why would anyone expect him to sell it to them at the same price he got it for? He tracked it down, he spent time and money on gas to get it. He was actually being nice to take a cut on his potential profit to give someone on here a good deal.
Sooo, by your logic, when I spend time(huuuge cost there) to track down a deal and drive and spend gas to get it, I should actually ask the store an even bigger discount since I buy it for me and I should get something in return for all that exhausting and expensive work?

Little3piggies
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Little3piggies » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:18 am

I agree with luca. Why would anyone expect him to sell it to them at the same price he got it for? He tracked it down, he spent time and money on gas to get it. He was actually being nice to take a cut on his potential profit to give someone on here a good deal.[/quote]

Sooo, by your logic, when I spend time(huuuge cost there) to track down a deal and drive and spend gas to get it, I should actually ask the store an even bigger discount since I buy it for me and I should get something in return for all that exhausting and expensive work?[/quote]

Why should they give you a bigger discount than it is?

luca1980
Peasant
Peasant

Post by luca1980 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:28 am

The store sells the set for the msrp or less.
I have the right to sell it at my own price (not Over msrp if it is still avaiable).
Some guys hate resellers, i am fine with that, but thank god we have them or you would never been able to get a set that you missed the year before or even years before.
So go ahead with your ethic.... I guess you dont have bricklink,Kijiji, eBay etc in your bookmarks..

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:53 am

You are all missing the point. This is not the buy/sell/trade forum. Yes, you can offer to sell anything you want at whatever price you want. However, this is not the thread for that.

Also, the set is now sold out online so can we all just move on.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

PoisonIvy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by PoisonIvy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:07 pm

luca1980 wrote:The store sells the set for the msrp or less.
I have the right to sell it at my own price (not Over msrp if it is still avaiable).
Some guys hate resellers, i am fine with that, but thank god we have them or you would never been able to get a set that you missed the year before or even years before.
So go ahead with your ethic.... I guess you dont have bricklink,Kijiji, eBay etc in your bookmarks..
That's the point others are making. Go ahead and sell it on bricklink, kijiji, eBay, etc, even on this site. Go ahead and sell it for whatever you want. Heck, go ahead and ask $1,000,000. But leeching on to the thread that alerts others to the deal is sleazy.