[REVIEW] 8083 Hoth Rebel Battle Pack

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
71%
Average
29%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 7

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

[REVIEW] 8083 Hoth Rebel Battle Pack

Post by Selby-Tiger » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Indexed

I know there is another review of this by Hatcher, and it is well done as usual. Unfortunately I didn't find that until after I told my daughter that this set didn't have a TnB review so she decided we should do one. So here goes, my first review with comments by The Builder.

From the S@H description:

Help the Rebels defend their base on Hoth!
Build up your Rebel forces and celebrate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back! When the Empire attacks the hidden Rebel base on the ice planet Hoth, brave Rebel troopers and pilots fight back with their combat speeder with flick-firing missiles. Includes 3 Rebel troopers in cold-weather gear and Rebel pilot Zev Senesca.

Zev Senesca, now that is fun to say. I'm sure he is really in The Empire Strikes back, but I don't remember him. I remember "We used to bullseye Womp Rats in my T-16" and Wedge from the original triology but not Zev. Oh well. on the the pictures!
Open Box.JPG
This is the box and all of the pieces still in the plastic. First job is to sort them by color.
Sorted.JPG
Now, on to the Mini-figures!
MF as parts.JPG
Sorry about the marks on the table, we do a lot of art projects here :lol:
Here is how they are supposed to look
MF Manual.JPG
And how we built them
Battle Pack.JPG
:lol: We made them almost the exact same!
Here's the set halfway through building it. It was a bigger ship than I thought it would be!
Mid-build.JPG
The ship, driver and box for a background
Ship-box.JPG
The whole crew, ready for action :x They all are mad because they do not want to be in a battle right now.
Set done!.JPG
The 4 extra pieces
Extra.JPG
You might have seen R2D2 in some of the pictures, here he was helping us guard the extra pieces!

Overall

Build was cool, says The Builder. I thought is was more than you would expect from a set bought for Minifigures. Plus the price was right at Target this week ;)

Thanks for reading, we had fun doing this and I hope to do more if The Builder so decides.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomatoe
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [REVIEW] 8083 Hoth Rebel Battle Pack

Post by Tomatoe » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:45 pm

The figures are good, but the ship is way too small. Feels like Lego is only focusing on the figures in battle packs these days.

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:40 am

Tomatoe wrote:The figures are good, but the ship is way too small. Feels like Lego is only focusing on the figures in battle packs these days.
That's true, but the figures are the main reason people buy them.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 pm

That is kind of a shame just because the figures seem like an afterthought to building. I love the minifigs too make no mistake, but I would prefer more construction than more figures. Excellent review! Hope you guys are having a blast with the set and keep up the stellar work. It's good to hear family feedback on sets as much as afols!

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:45 pm

sadowsk1 wrote:That is kind of a shame just because the figures seem like an afterthought to building. I love the minifigs too make no mistake, but I would prefer more construction than more figures. Excellent review! Hope you guys are having a blast with the set and keep up the stellar work. It's good to hear family feedback on sets as much as afols!
Thanks for the nice comments! I tried to use exact quotes from my 7 year old so if some of them sound a little AWESOME (corny) that is why. We will try to do more reviews, she seemed to enjoy it. I know I need to work on my picture taking skills, so why not :lol:

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:33 am

I do like the idea of battle packs, but they seem to get more expensive each time they come out and the pieces that are coming with them aren't all that great.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?