[Review] 7067 Jet-Copter Encounter

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
50%
Average
50%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 6

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

[Review] 7067 Jet-Copter Encounter

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 am

Indexed

Set Name: Jet-Copter Encounter
Set Number: 7067
Theme: Alien Conquest
Year: 2011
Pieces: 375
Minifigures: 3
MSRP: $39.99 USD (on TRU) not sure Lego MSRP probably same.

Product Description (from TRU.COM)
Intercept the UFO with the Jet-Copter with the LEGO Alien Conquest Jet-Copter Encounter (7067)! The alien defense unit is armed and ready to stop the UFO with the Jet-Copter! Using its dual flick missiles and detachable prison pod, the Jet-Copter's moving rotors and engines head towards the alien ship. But wait! The UFO has split into 2 smaller crafts in a slick escape attempt. Set a flight path and lock the missiles on target to stop the UFOs from getting away!

The LEGO Alien Conquest Jet-Copter Encounter (7067) features:
3 minifigures: 2 alien pilots and alien defense unit soldier
Jet-Copter with moving rotors and engines
Push to fire 2 dual flick missiles!
Detach the prison pod!
Split the UFO into 2 smaller crafts!
Jet-Copter measures over 11" (27cm) wide and 12" (30cm) long
UFOs measure over 4" (10cm) long and 2" (5cm) wide when split apart
Contains 375 pieces

This looked like a great set and it didn't let me down.
The box contained various bags numbered 1, 2 and 3.
I didn't take picture of manual but here is the 2 sticker sheets.
DSCN1709.jpg
Here is a picture of all three figures.
Front
DSCN1691.jpg
Back
DSCN1698.jpg
As you can see the ADU figure has nice printing on back the aliens do not.

Close-ups of ADU Soldier
DSCN1692.jpg
DSCN1701.jpg
DSCN1699.jpg
Close-up of Alien
DSCN1696.jpg
Here are a couple of unique parts I like. Especially the trans-blue bubble
DSCN1702.jpg
The first thing to build is the 2 alien ships.
DSCN1704.jpg
DSCN1705.jpg

They are nothing fancy, but they do connect to make one larger craft as seen in these pictures
DSCN1706.jpg
DSCN1707.jpg
DSCN1708.jpg
Now onto the main part of this set.
The ship, and it is quite an awesome vehicle, in fact I am considering picking up another.
Here is a few shots of it after using bags labeled #2
DSCN1710.jpg
Notice the new gun used on front of it with binoculars attached, very nice look.
DSCN1711.jpg
The trans-orange cones on either side are firing missles, here is a close-up of the internal design, quite genius if you ask me.
DSCN1712.jpg
After this build is something I didn't know was included with the set until I got it, the alien prison pod.
DSCN1719.jpg
DSCN1718.jpg
Now the final build and some close-ups
DSCN1723.jpg
DSCN1728.jpg
DSCN1724.jpg
The engines, notice the column piece used on back of it, nice touch.
DSCN1720.jpg
DSCN1726.jpg
DSCN1716.jpg
Point of attachment for pod
DSCN1721.jpg
Pod attached
DSCN1722.jpg
Here were the extra pieces
DSCN1714.jpg
Analysis:
This is a great set at a great price.
Has lots of playability and looks really cool. My wife even liked how it looked.
The only thing I don't get is why the ADU soldier didn't get a gun, but the 2 aliens do. Perhaps he could just remove the ones off the front of the ship. Otherwise not sure how he could capture them and force them into the pod.
I highly recommend this set for anyone, especially those who like aliens and space sets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [Review] 7067 Jet-Copter Encounter

Post by lukeskywalker » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:43 am

Wow, That is a great looking set, and the review was excellent. I hope I get it for my birthday.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:52 am

Thanks for the great review, now I must go and buy this set.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:33 am

I'm not sure about this set. I think the alien ships look fine but the super simple blue color scheme and design are just a big turn off to me.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:45 am

For some reason I feel like this set would've been better as just a jet, not a 'Jet-Copter'. The rotor on top looks a bit 'tacked on' in the overhead shot in the review. Still, I like the colors and pieces. I don't have enough blue in my collection as of yet.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:26 am

vynsane wrote:For some reason I feel like this set would've been better as just a jet, not a 'Jet-Copter'. The rotor on top looks a bit 'tacked on' in the overhead shot in the review. Still, I like the colors and pieces. I don't have enough blue in my collection as of yet.
I too think it works without the prop on top, but i like it both ways.

I was actually really happy how it looked after the first build, using bags 2.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:47 pm

You know looking at it again that helicopter blades crap is what is really bothering me here.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 am

legitimatealex wrote:You know looking at it again that helicopter blades crap is what is really bothering me here.
I can remove them and take another pic if that would be helpful :mrgreen:

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 am

vynsane wrote:For some reason I feel like this set would've been better as just a jet, not a 'Jet-Copter'. The rotor on top looks a bit 'tacked on' in the overhead shot in the review. Still, I like the colors and pieces. I don't have enough blue in my collection as of yet.
Really? Blue and Yellow are what I always seem to have in surplus. Use them for "behind the scenes" bricks.
White is what I always seem to short of... well, of the big ten colors. Maersk Blue and Dark Turquoise is what I really could use in bulk.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 am

NIGELTTF wrote:Really? Blue and Yellow are what I always seem to have in surplus. Use them for "behind the scenes" bricks.
Yeah, it just seems that blue is a color I don't have a lot of in my collection. The Creator sets I have all seem to be red and yellow, the Atlantis sets are red, of course, and the licensed sets I have all have those more HTF colors like dark blue, dark red, dark tan, etc, in addition to light/dark blue-gray. The Creator set 'Off-Road Power' would also give me a wealth of blue pieces, I guess, if I can find it for a good deal... I also have to think I have a larger proportion of lime green in my collection than most due to Titanium Command Rig and all the World Racers sets.
White is what I always seem to short of...
Whereas I have a high abundance of white due to all the SP3 sets I got in the past year!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue May 10, 2011 9:38 am

vynsane wrote:
NIGELTTF wrote:Really? Blue and Yellow are what I always seem to have in surplus. Use them for "behind the scenes" bricks.
Yeah, it just seems that blue is a color I don't have a lot of in my collection. The Creator sets I have all seem to be red and yellow, the Atlantis sets are red, of course, and the licensed sets I have all have those more HTF colors like dark blue, dark red, dark tan, etc, in addition to light/dark blue-gray. The Creator set 'Off-Road Power' would also give me a wealth of blue pieces, I guess, if I can find it for a good deal... I also have to think I have a larger proportion of lime green in my collection than most due to Titanium Command Rig and all the World Racers sets.
Whereas I have a high abundance of white due to all the SP3 sets I got in the past year!
Personally I don't have a lot of blue either, and that is a major draw for me to the whole line. :ugeek:

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed May 11, 2011 8:40 am

vynsane wrote:
If we were closer I'd suggest a piece exchange. The bulk of my collection comes from buying a crap load of 4679, 4107, and 4496 buckets. Don't get me wrong, I have white, but I build Midcentury Modern Architecture, which tends to be white with blue and grey trim(and lots of glass), or late Victorian brick stuff...which uses red with white and black trim.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Fri May 13, 2011 4:54 pm

For me blue and trans-orange invokes Iceplanet2002. :mrgreen: always could use more of both.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.