[US/CAN] s&h Summer Star Wars sets

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

[US/CAN] s&h Summer Star Wars sets

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:40 am

Now online @ S&H

Today last day to get free shipping.
Go get 'em.

Shop Now: USA | Canada
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [US/CAN] s&h Summer Star Wars sets

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:51 pm

LEGO gotta be kidding about these prices. Feels like the US pricing should be Canadian while the US pricing should be 25-30% cheaper.

$50 USD / $60 CAD for the Naboo Fighter is just gross. I was expecting max $40 USD / $50 CAD but LEGO seems to be really pushing it.

I wonder how much longer LEGO can continue to raise their prices before people stop buying them.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:48 pm

I agree, those prices are too high.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Ice wrote:LEGO gotta be kidding about these prices. Feels like the US pricing should be Canadian while the US pricing should be 25-30% cheaper.

$50 USD / $60 CAD for the Naboo Fighter is just gross. I was expecting max $40 USD / $50 CAD but LEGO seems to be really pushing it.

I wonder how much longer LEGO can continue to raise their prices before people stop buying them.
Im quite happy with the olde 07' model.

I wonder which sets will linger on the shelves at this bang-to-buck ratio.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 pm

$89.99 CAD for the Sith Infiltrator? I was hoping it would be around $50-$60. Well this sucks!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:24 pm

koromo wrote: Im quite happy with the olde 07' model.

I wonder which sets will linger on the shelves at this bang-to-buck ratio.
Looking back, the old Naboo Fighter is an awesome deal for $30 USD / $40 CAD. You get a Naboo Starfighter and a Droid Fighter. For $50 USD / $60 CAD which is almost double the price, you get even less. Only the fighter and a destroyer droid and some old minifigures.

You can expect a sale on the Naboo Fighter and Sith Infiltrator very soon.
unclephn wrote:$89.99 CAD for the Sith Infiltrator? I was hoping it would be around $50-$60. Well this sucks!
I'm definately not going to get that set until it goes on clearance. Other than the minifigures (which aren't really that new and unique anyways), theres not much to it.

I think the best sets in this wave are the podracers, republic frigate, and the millenium falcon. Despite being overpriced like all other Star Wars sets, the sets itself looks very nice and well designed. For the smaller sets, it looks like your money is all going to the minifigures.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Methinks the Naboo Fighter is priced $50 just so (assuming its a US Target exclusive) the price matches with other Target exclusives (back&money transfer, battle arena).

$70 USD for the Sith Infiltrator is a horrible value, both fig wise and piece wise. There's just absolutely no excuse for that.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:20 pm

The only set which seems even half way decently priced is the Geonosian Starfighter. Lego is becoming disconnected from the reality of the global economy. Where do they think we're getting all this money from? I hope some quality clone brand starts to move in for the kill. Competition is the only way we're gonna see lower prices.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Blacknight wrote:The only set which seems even half way decently priced is the Geonosian Starfighter. Lego is becoming disconnected from the reality of the global economy. Where do they think we're getting all this money from? I hope some quality clone brand starts to move in for the kill. Competition is the only way we're gonna see lower prices.
Did you mean that the box is the right size for a $30 set? The only way I can see it worth $30 are the 3 rare minifigures.

Sith Infiltrator for $70 is just wrong, the same goes for that little Naboo set. A $50 set a couple waves ago used to be a big gift. Now in 2011, all we get is a $30 value set for $50. :(

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:55 pm

Neat, but I cant see myself paying retail CDN prices for these sets.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 am

Prices hikes are inevitable... especially considering Lego's primary component (plastic) is made with Oil Products, its not completely crazy for them to increase prices to compensate.

Now the thing I have issue with is that if they are gonna jack prices up on us, at least make the sets worth it... a rare figure, LOTS of figures, lots of pieces, rare pieces, rare color pieces, etc.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:46 am

The naboo sf set looks the same as the previous one but why is the piece count higher than previously?

But if you look at other themes the trend has been on lower piece counts and higher price. 5yrs ago the castle set has 2 fully equipped knights and horses for 7.99. The best value now is in the 19.99 set with 4mfs and 1 horse.

I think the whole issue of inflated us prices was because of the many complaints that us prices have been too lower when compared to other regions. We'll see if this new msrp translate the same to European prices as well or not. For e.g. The above naboo set was 29.99 in both $ and £. we shall see if the new set is also 49.99 across the pond.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:09 pm

So in essence you think it's just a US (and possibly Canadian) price increase?
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:38 pm

brickz wrote:Did you mean that the box is the right size for a $30 set? The only way I can see it worth $30 are the 3 rare minifigures.
I wish it were only $30 on store shelves here in Canada. I was being generous saying it's worth $40 CDN (i.e. $41.95 USD). We have to wait for 20% off sales just to match the "overpriced" US price...

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Price is getting so unreasonable for sets like these. It really hurts. It is so ridiculous to pay $70 for sith infiltrater. I already had the one released at 2007, and this horrible price totally put off my mind to get the new one. Lego got screwed.

I can't imagine what's the MSRP for 7879 Hoth Echo Base. I guess LEGO trying to send the AFOL back to dark age.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:41 pm

legohunter wrote: I can't imagine what's the MSRP for 7879 Hoth Echo Base. I guess LEGO trying to send the AFOL back to dark age.
LEGO MSRP for 7879 Hoth Echo Base is $89.99 USD so that would probably be $119.99 CAD. Comparing it to the Sith Infiltrator, it seems like a great value set. I guess its still somewhat reasonable considering the last Hoth Rebel Base was $50 USD / $70 CAD and this new one has a few more pieces.

Relhak
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Relhak » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:18 am

I'm looking at all the older SW sets sitting on the shelves at Target at 30% off and thinking that there's no way I'm going to buy these new sets at anywhere near full retail. Same with the constant BOGOHO sales going on. It's saying to me that Lego is gouging on prices by 15-30%, and the general public agrees.

The scary thing is that if you check prices through a currency converter, Canada and Europe are paying even more.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:48 am

Relhak wrote:The scary thing is that if you check prices through a currency converter, Canada and Europe are paying even more.
Which is an even more ridiculous thought considering that the Canadian dollar has been higher than the US dollar for at least the past several months now.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:00 am

7868 Mace Windu Starfighter is now listed on s@h
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Found the Hoth base, podracers, ewoks and sith infiltrator at the VF Lego store.