[REVIEW] 30141 Alien Conquest Minifigure Jetpack

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
33%
Average
67%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 6

atmail35
Duke
Duke

[REVIEW] 30141 Alien Conquest Minifigure Jetpack

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:30 am

Indexed

Set Name: Alien Conquest Jetpack Minifigure
Set Number: 30141
Theme: Alien Conquest
Year: 2011
Ages: 6-12
Minifigures: 1
Pieces: 19
Price per Piece: $0.21
MSRP: $3.99 USD

This was a free gift with a $35 or more purchase from Lego Shop at Home or Lego Stores during the month of August 2011.

The Bag:
The bag is colorful and makes it look like the ADU soldier is really jetting off with his jetpack.

The Parts:
The instructions are folded and very basic. The pieces are also basic and nothing to really write home about. The most interesting are probably the weapon and the piece that holds the jetpack on.

You do get one extra clear visor piece for the helmet as a spare part.

The Build:
One word….simple.

The Minifigure:
The ADU soldier is a very detailed minifig. There is printing on the front and back of the torso and on the legs. The face is two-sided. The color is a bright blue.

Back of figure and alternate face:

This set is very expensive for what you get. The Alien Striker 7049 is a better value since you get 2 minifigures for $4.99 and more other parts. This is fine for a free promo offer, but not worth paying $3.99 for alone.

Ratings:
Minifigure 5/5 Nice color and printing.
Parts 3/5 aside from the minifigure accessories and parts, the pieces are pretty basic
Price 2/5 the price per piece is expensive.
Play features - 4/5

Overall score (Not an average) 3/5 I think it is a nice little set but it is pretty average based on the piece count and price. However, if you are planning on spending $35 anytime soon at the Lego Store, I think it is worth getting for free. :lol:

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [REVIEW] 30141 Alien Conquest Minifigure Jetpack

Post by unclephn » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 am

I was able to get one of these guys the last time I visited the Lego Store. It's my first Alien Conquest set, and I didn't realize how detailed the ADU minifigs were. These guys look fantastic. I also really like the jetpack harness piece. It will allow for some really creative jetpack customization.

Just a comment about the price (and MSRP's for poly age in general). I know a lot of people that think they're priced too high. But if you think about it, couldn't they be compared to CMF's? They're roughly the same price, but with polybags, you get those extra pieces. A CMF is just the minifig with an accessory. Maybe it's just me, but that's how I view polybags, and it makes it seem as if they're priced pretty fairly.

Anyway, nice review, atmail!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:49 am

unclephn wrote:I was able to get one of these guys the last time I visited the Lego Store. It's my first Alien Conquest set, and I didn't realize how detailed the ADU minifigs were. These guys look fantastic. I also really like the jetpack harness piece. It will allow for some really creative jetpack customization.
Yes, I very much like the ADU soldiers.
They are very very cool.
I wish this was a purchasable poly, I'd buy a lot of them.
I hope the AC walker poly will be available at Target later this year.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:19 am

unclephn wrote:Just a comment about the price (and MSRP's for poly age in general). I know a lot of people that think they're priced too high. But if you think about it, couldn't they be compared to CMF's? They're roughly the same price, but with polybags, you get those extra pieces. A CMF is just the minifig with an accessory. Maybe it's just me, but that's how I view polybags, and it makes it seem as if they're priced pretty fairly.

Anyway, nice review, atmail!
You have a good point and I maybe was a little harsh on the price rating. Yes a CMF is $2.99 so for $1 you are getting the jetpack (which is 12 pieces, including the harness) and an extra accessory. So if you break it down that way it does seem more reasonable. I think that becuase in the past I've bought polybags for $3.99 that seemed to have slighly more substantial "other stuff" besides the minifigure.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:21 am

ncbarrett wrote: Yes, I very much like the ADU soldiers.
They are very very cool.
I do love the color of the ADU soldiers and quite honestly, after building this set, I think we need to get a few larger AC sets. I guess Lego Marketing did their job ;)

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 am

atmail35 wrote:
ncbarrett wrote: Yes, I very much like the ADU soldiers.
They are very very cool.
I do love the color of the ADU soldiers and quite honestly, after building this set, I think we need to get a few larger AC sets. I guess Lego Marketing did their job ;)
I'd highly highly recommend the jet-copter 7067. (i did a review of it)

and if you can afford it get the HQ 7066.
YOu can get both from B&N for the 30% off.
:geek:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:28 pm

^^ Enabler!

I'll check out your review. We (I'm) really starting to venture into too many themes.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:51 pm

atmail35 wrote:You have a good point and I maybe was a little harsh on the price rating. Yes a CMF is $2.99 so for $1 you are getting the jetpack (which is 12 pieces, including the harness) and an extra accessory. So if you break it down that way it does seem more reasonable. I think that becuase in the past I've bought polybags for $3.99 that seemed to have slighly more substantial "other stuff" besides the minifigure.
Well when comparing it to other polybags that have been available, you're right. The 'price' of this poly does seem a little high when other polys at the same price point have had more pieces. I guess comparing it to a CMF was just my way of justifying the cost to make it seem more reasonable :)