[USA] TRU (via eBay) $8.99 SW Battle Packs - free S&H

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

[USA] TRU (via eBay) $8.99 SW Battle Packs - free S&H

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Not a huge savings over MSRP, but TRU's eBay store is offering your choice of SW Battle Backs for $8.99 with free S&H.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0575143168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] TRU (via eBay) $8.99 SW Battle Packs - free S&H

Post by natelite » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:18 am

8.99 is 25% off msrp. 8.99 is 40% off 14.99 (tru's selling price). so this is a rather big deal i would say. good job! plus it's free shipping instead of free shipping with $75 purchase.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:35 am

Sales tax is charged if there is a TRU in your state. Still, it's a great deal, thanks!

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:33 am

Yeah, great deal, thanks for the heads up, even with tax its about $1.30/pack cheaper than the current Amazon discount for me here in CA. I also saw the Bounty Hunter Assault ship and T-6 Jedi Shuttle are $44.99, not a great deal for the Assault ship but not bad for the Jedi Shuttle.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:05 pm

I bought the Clone and the Mandalorian packs, but had to check out separately, is that the way it really works? I guess it doesn't matter.

Thanks GU for the heads up.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:57 pm

So I got my two battle packs and they are completely crushed. TRU mailed them in a bubble mailer and it appears that my postman sat on them! :lol:no :cry:

I haven't opened the box yet as I'm wondering if it is worth complaining to TRU. Would I do this via e-bay feedback? I mean it is a gift for my own child who certainly will wonder why Santa is giving her a smooshed box. Granted we don't need the box, but this is not in "gift giving" condition for anyone outside our household.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:47 pm

atmail35 wrote:So I got my two battle packs and they are completely crushed. TRU mailed them in a bubble mailer and it appears that my postman sat on them! :lol:no :cry:

I haven't opened the box yet as I'm wondering if it is worth complaining to TRU. Would I do this via e-bay feedback? I mean it is a gift for my own child who certainly will wonder why Santa is giving her a smooshed box. Granted we don't need the box, but this is not in "gift giving" condition for anyone outside our household.

Same here, I opened the box but not the bags, at a glance nothing looks damaged. I wonder if they had a stock of damaged boxes they save for discounted eBay sales. I have bought battle packs on eBay from various sellers that have also shipped in bubble mailers and I have never had a box so squished.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:29 am

if it's a bother to you, just buy a new one in store and return the old one with the new receipt.

the only question here is if it is worth the $3 to buy/return. :-D