LEGO Kingdoms Joust (10223 Exclusive) Press Release

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Kingdoms Joust (10223 Exclusive) Press Release

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:00 pm

LEGO has sent us the official press release for the upcoming 10223 LEGO Exclusive Kingdoms Joust. This new LEGO Kingdoms Joust set consists of 9 castle minifigures, 6 detailed rooms, 2 knight's tents and more! Available January 2012 exclusively at LEGO Brand Stores and Shop@Home. Additional pictures available in our Flickr photostream.

10223 Kingdoms Joust
Ages 12+. 1,575 pieces.
US $119.99 | CA $149.99 | DE €119.99 | UK £99.99 | DK 1099.00 DKK | AU 199.99 AUD
Watch the Knights battle it out at the Royal Joust!

It’s the most exciting event on the LEGO Kingdoms calendar! Join the King and Queen at the Royal Joust as the knights on horseback battle it out for the hand of the beautiful Princess. This detailed set recreates all the majesty of a medieval pageant, from the large, 6-roomed castle with linked wall extensions, 2 knights’ weapons tents, royal viewing box, jousting fence and of course 2 magnificent jousting horses. Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene that is truly fit for a King! Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers.
  • Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers!
  • Knight minifigures include armor decoration, helmet, jousting pole, shield and 2 extra weapons!
  • Features castle with 6 detailed rooms with lots of accessorie and 2 knight’s tents with weapon holders!
  • Open back for easy access to linked wall extensions!
  • Also features royal viewing box with flags and coat of arms!
  • Includes 2 knight’s horses with detailed decoration, weapon holder and armored headgear!
  • Explore the castle rooms!
  • Battle it out for the hand of the princess!
  • Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene fit for King!
  • Castle measures 20" (51 cm) wide and 12" (30 cm) tall!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-kingdoms-jo ... ss-release" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

peanut
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Kingdoms Joust (10223 Exclusive) Press Release

Post by peanut » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:08 pm

All I can say is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :ugeek:

dubious2515
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dubious2515 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:25 pm

This is so awesome I just bought 2 of the Medieval Markets! I can't wait to put this with it!
Please take a look at what I have!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=dubious2515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Not too bad for a $150 set.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:12 pm

It's very nice... but I have to say, I think the photo above is the "Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene fit for King!" version - if you look at the photo on flickr before that one, it looks like the actual set might be smaller and not as deep as the one in the photo above... look at the number of windows on the sides of the castle and the depth of the bridge...

I'd like to hope the set is what is shown in the picture, but I'm not so sure....
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

lordskylark
I'm New !

Post by lordskylark » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Hodgeman wrote:It's very nice... but I have to say, I think the photo above is the "Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene fit for King!" version - if you look at the photo on flickr before that one, it looks like the actual set might be smaller and not as deep as the one in the photo above... look at the number of windows on the sides of the castle and the depth of the bridge...

I'd like to hope the set is what is shown in the picture, but I'm not so sure....
If you look at the back of the one that shows the inside of the castle portion, look at the bottom, there are pin holes. And if you look at the full view, there seems to be seems at the middle of the castle. I think that the entire back must snap on and off.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:57 pm

If you compare this picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61804988@N ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

to this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61804988@N ... otostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the 2nd one looks like a bigger set... ?
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

lukanator25
I'm New !

Post by lukanator25 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:08 pm

I agree with the above post. I think the picture shown on the main page is showing two sets put together. They are just trying to get people excited about what it could look like if you bought two.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Hodgeman wrote:If you compare this picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61804988@N ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

to this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61804988@N ... otostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the 2nd one looks like a bigger set... ?
Aw, I got fooled by this one. Good find, and good job to LEGO for fooling me and others into believing picture #2 is the actual set.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Really awesome set. Definitely will get 2 minimum.

enduser1980
I'm New !

Post by enduser1980 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:55 pm

I don't think 1500 peices would make half of the set as shown in the two pictures.

though there are more than 9 figures shown in the "full" picture

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Is the Falcon Knight part of a new faction? And if so, does this foreshadow a whole new line of Kingdoms sets featuring said Falcon Knights to come? Because a war with three factions would be chaos, both for these knights and for my wallet!

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:49 am

Here is a post on the actual set. Looks like the original picture has the added extensions:

http://gimmelego.blogspot.com/2011/10/r ... joust.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dth

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 am

OMG, that is even more fantastic then I could have hoped. Is LEGO trying to bankrupt me? Wow. How am I going to afford all this, and feed 3 kids? :)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:19 am

Looks very nice - a very welcome addition to the lineup! Seems a bit pricey to me for some reason, especially with Medieval Market Village is at $99. Thanks!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:45 pm

t'was okay. not terribly excited. only the green princess (dragon faction? :lol: ) and the black falcon knight are unique. but then, would have love the movable visor helmet instead of the black full helm. also the dark metal color of the dragon knight's full helm is much better than just black imo. would have love the black falcon to follow the same color scheme of black/blue instead of the current shades of black. too dull for my taste. dark metal + dark blue would have been perfect. :clap:

the shield is good but would be better had it been the oblong version. one kite for deco and one oblong on the knight would have been perfect. i just hope they release black falcons next year. :lol: we need new colors but somehow this set is again focusing on the red lions... i think they will just continue with red lions kingdoms sets again. darn it.

as for color scheme, so far we had blue, red, green... how about yellow and dark tan next? :lol: and emblems, we had the crowns, lions, dragons, and now falcons. how about stags? or wolves? dark tan, yellow, brown some combination of those would be great for wolves. for stags, maybe brown+dark green.

hallsa
I'm New !

Post by hallsa » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:16 pm

I saw it in person at BrickCon in Seattle today and have to say it is pretty impressive. I really liked the Falcon Knight.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:53 pm

This picture = 2 kingdom joust sets.

This picture = 1 kingdom joust set.

Sorry for any confusion caused. I shouldn't have choosen the best looking picture for the front page. Can't believe thats 2 sets. :eh:

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:19 pm

Hold on, are you saying that the first picture is the actual set, because according to LEGO's facebook page, that picture is of 2 sets. The gates are back to back, and the small buildings on the left of the gate are identical to the ones on the right of the gate. Unless I'm not understanding what you are saying Ice.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:34 pm

hatcher wrote:Hold on, are you saying that the first picture is the actual set, because according to LEGO's facebook page, that picture is of 2 sets. The gates are back to back, and the small buildings on the left of the gate are identical to the ones on the right of the gate. Unless I'm not understanding what you are saying Ice.
Your right. I should have looked at it more closely, LEGO fooled me. Previous post corrected, thanks. :-)

Man, if you want a nice and complete scene that surrounds the joust, you need like 4 of these sets. At first, I thought we need 2 sets (based on the previous "combined sets" image) which was still ok. But 4 sets is cracy!

After looking at this picture... I don't think its even worth $120 USD / $150 CAD. Feels so empty in it. Just a bunch of random accessories, a gate and combining 7009 Final Joust set with part of a castle. If the price is lower, then I'll consider maybe buying it.