Zellers Canada Liquidation: First Wave Starts March 14-16

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Zellers Canada Liquidation: First Wave Starts March 14-16

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:29 pm

March 7 Update: It appears the dates have been pushed back. The earliest stores will begin their liquidation on March 14. (thanks unclephn)

If you are not aware yet, Zellers Canada will be starting their first wave of store liquidation starting from March 8-16 depending on your store. Everything in their stores must go so this may be your time to grab some LEGO bargains! All of these stores will be closed sometime in June 2012. Complete list of stores here.

For those that do not know, the top performing Zellers stores leases have been purchased by Target (US). These Zellers stores will be converted to Target sometime in 2013 and 2014.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/zellers-canada-l ... arch-8-16/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Zellers Canada Liquidation: First Wave Starts March 8-16

Post by fleury » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:11 pm

The stores on the list are converting to Target? Or they're not? My local Zellers (Kingston) is apparently on the list to convert to Target in the first wave, but it's not on the list of liquidations.

What is happening to the stock at the stores that are not on the list?

--
Marc.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:34 pm

I believe some of the dates have changed since you first posted that link, Ice. It looks like the first wave has been pushed back to March 14.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:41 pm

And I will be very surprised if the discount on LEGO starts at anything higher than 10-15% off.

Akitakara
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Akitakara » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey admin,

I think you've made a mistake / need to clarify

All the stores on the list are being converted to liquidation centres. This means that liquidation sales will ONLY be at those stores on the lists. (So even if the store is called Zellers, some will still operate like normal for now)

Rook
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Rook » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:24 am

Sweet! I will arm myself with plastic!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm

unclephn wrote:I believe some of the dates have changed since you first posted that link, Ice. It looks like the first wave has been pushed back to March 14.
Your right, thanks! :)
Akitakara wrote:Hey admin,

All the stores on the list are being converted to liquidation centres. This means that liquidation sales will ONLY be at those stores on the lists. (So even if the store is called Zellers, some will still operate like normal for now)
Hi Akitakara

Where do you see that? I thought those stores (first wave) are being liquidated and will all be closed sometime in June. I'll be quite suprised if all of the inventory in Vancouver will be transported to 3 small towns in Northern BC! If thats the case, then I guess no bargains for us here in Vancouver. :(

Akitakara
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Akitakara » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Ice wrote:
unclephn wrote:I believe some of the dates have changed since you first posted that link, Ice. It looks like the first wave has been pushed back to March 14.
Your right, thanks! :)
Akitakara wrote:Hey admin,

Hi Akitakara

Where do you see that? I thought those stores (first wave) are being liquidated and will all be closed sometime in June. I'll be quite suprised if all of the inventory in Vancouver will be transported to 3 small towns in Northern BC! If thats the case, then I guess no bargains for us here in Vancouver. :(
Sorry, I just meant that for now (this first wave), it will only be at those stores in the list. Later on, other Zellers might become liquidation centres (when they're about to close)

Looking back, I think you may have said something similar, but I didn't catch it since I didn't have my morning coffee yet :-D :-D

P.S. I read somewhere on the internet that they're starting out at 5% (I think, can't remember) and slowly going up in about 5% increments

Aladar
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Zellers Canada Liquidation: First Wave Starts March 14-1

Post by Aladar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Anyone find anything interesting in the GTA?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Akitakara wrote: Sorry, I just meant that for now (this first wave), it will only be at those stores in the list. Later on, other Zellers might become liquidation centres (when they're about to close)

Looking back, I think you may have said something similar, but I didn't catch it since I didn't have my morning coffee yet :-D :-D

P.S. I read somewhere on the internet that they're starting out at 5% (I think, can't remember) and slowly going up in about 5% increments
Ah no worries. :)

If they start with 5% increments, I hope it doesn't end up like with the Borders liquidation in the US. People were buying everything that was only 20-30% off markup prices (and think they are getting a good deal).

Akitakara
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Akitakara » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Ice wrote:
Akitakara wrote: Sorry, I just meant that for now (this first wave), it will only be at those stores in the list. Later on, other Zellers might become liquidation centres (when they're about to close)

If they start with 5% increments, I hope it doesn't end up like with the Borders liquidation in the US. People were buying everything that was only 20-30% off markup prices (and think they are getting a good deal).
For the next little while, their liquidation prices can't compare with the 50% off coupon on Boxing Day/Boxing Week :lol: :lol:
I miss that coupon lols

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Ice wrote:

Oh it will, look at Blockbuster closing sales, people are buying things at 20-30% off and thought that it was a great deal. One word, idiots! And they are part of the reason why we paid more for almost everything up here in Canada compared to down in the states.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:32 am

Borders sold all their LEGO before 30% off around me.

HallwayOrchard
I'm New !

Post by HallwayOrchard » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:12 pm

I popped into the local Zellers here in Saint John New Brunswick. The Zellers website stated that the liquidation for this store starts two days from now, but they're already selling all LEGO (and all toys for that matter) at 20% off.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 pm

HallwayOrchard wrote:I popped into the local Zellers here in Saint John New Brunswick. The Zellers website stated that the liquidation for this store starts two days from now, but they're already selling all LEGO (and all toys for that matter) at 20% off.
Still 30% away from that 50% off coupon during christmas. Will wait till it hits at least 40%.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:40 pm

20% really isn't worth it... Lots of sales like that all the time... I.e. The chapters online one right now...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

legoeggo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by legoeggo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am

Check it out today, still 20% off on toys. Apparently the store I was at closes in July, and the discounts will get bigger as time goes by, so will have to go back in a month or two and see then.

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 am

legoeggo wrote:Check it out today, still 20% off on toys. Apparently the store I was at closes in July, and the discounts will get bigger as time goes by, so will have to go back in a month or two and see then.
mind if I ask which city and/or province you're in. I was going to check out the one in hamilton today, see if there might be some inter-store variation.

meclo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by meclo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:44 pm

The one in Calgary AB (Deer Valley store) is liquidating, but unfortunately only 20% off Lego & toys for now...the max discount anywhere in the store is 30% according to the signage, so not too crazy. I wonder how long they'll wait before increasing the discount...hopefully not long!

They did have a couple Super Heroes sets and stuff, so it's not all just older sets. But yeah, 20% off isn't anything fantastic...YET. (Fingers crossed!)

iPodwithnomusic
I'm New !

Post by iPodwithnomusic » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:19 pm

meclo wrote:The one in Calgary AB (Deer Valley store) is liquidating, but unfortunately only 20% off Lego & toys for now...the max discount anywhere in the store is 30% according to the signage, so not too crazy. I wonder how long they'll wait before increasing the discount...hopefully not long!

They did have a couple Super Heroes sets and stuff, so it's not all just older sets. But yeah, 20% off isn't anything fantastic...YET. (Fingers crossed!)
Exactly the same for me, in the Oshawa, ON store. From the new wave of LEGO star wars all they had was 1 endor battlepack, 15 of the ARC trooper ones, and 3 Tie Fighters. They had some Ewok Attacks, Podracers, Bounty Hunter Gunships, etc. There was some of the new lego city sets, I saw the ~$6 fireman ATV thing, the motorcycle transport and the garbage truck. Hope I helped someone :-)