Shadow ARF trooper is back!

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
iPodwithnomusic
I'm New !

Shadow ARF trooper is back!

Post by iPodwithnomusic » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:37 pm

"Get a FREE, EXCLUSIVE Shadow ARF Trooper™ with any LEGO® Star Wars™ purchase of $99 or more!*
To redeem this offer, use offer code FRA2 at checkout."

I am a LEGO VIP, I got this as an e-mail. Check your inbox! I'm in Canada if that changes anything.

Shop Now: USA | Canada

brickz
Knight
Knight

Re: Shadow ARF trooper is back!

Post by brickz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Code is FRA1 if USA.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:11 am

And true to form, the purchase doesn't necessarily have to be Star Wars lego. You can purchase anything over $99 and receive the Shadow ARF. MMV works, as do many other sets.

JabbaT
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JabbaT » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Hmm... they keep finding these or is lego just making more?

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

aww and I made 3 orders over 100 last week :sad:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:27 pm

h-7 wrote:aww and I made 3 orders over 100 last week :sad:
Give LEGO a call. Many people are reporting that customer service reps are happy to send you a ARF Troopers free of charge (if your purchase was over $100)

RainingBoroSI02
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RainingBoroSI02 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Legobrandon wrote:
Give LEGO a call. Many people are reporting that customer service reps are happy to send you a ARF Troopers free of charge (if your purchase was over $100)
Does it have to fall with in the March 15-now window? I had an order over $100 on 3/12, do you think it this will work?

JabbaT
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JabbaT » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:13 pm

I don't think it has to fall after March 15. Called them and got my trooper.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:09 pm

RainingBoroSI02 wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:
Does it have to fall with in the March 15-now window? I had an order over $100 on 3/12, do you think it this will work?
JabbaT wrote:I don't think it has to fall after March 15. Called them and got my trooper.
Agree, you can call or email them and that was what I did last time and they sent it to me within a week. Lego sales are not great, but their customer service I give them an A+!

ILoveLegotrain
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ILoveLegotrain » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm

I just gave the customer service a call tonight and the representative response was the promotion only applies to SW sets purchases over $99 only.
Even though my purchase was way over $100 (brought a town hall), i'm still not getting one... :sad:
Anyone have this experience?
Should I give them a call one more time?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:39 pm

ILoveLegotrain wrote:I just gave the customer service a call tonight and the representative response was the promotion only applies to SW sets purchases over $99 only.
Even though my purchase was way over $100 (brought a town hall), i'm still not getting one... :sad:
Anyone have this experience?
Should I give them a call one more time?
Yes. A different representative could give you the free ARF trooper.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:58 am

^^The promo clearly states 99 SW purchase. LEGO customer service is great, but people continually taking advantage of them can make a company change their position on things. Although it adds it to the cart automatically online with anything over 99, I can't help but think its unethical to try and call repeatedly to get one when the purchase clearly did not meet the terms. I am all for getting deals, but not trying to intentionally work around the system.

Would hate to see them say why bother getting rid of these freebies-too much hassle for people calling complaining, next time we just trash them..

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 am

Legobrandon wrote:

So I took your advice and called. I first asked if the promo was only intended for Star Wars related purchase to which I was told "No, the promo is intended for any order over 99.00". I then asked when the promo went live and was told "March 15th". I then asked if my order that I placed on the March 16th could qualify me for one even though I did not enter the promo at the time of order. I was told it does and they will get one shipped out to me. YAY!

Lego has the best customer service of any body I have dealt with. Every time I have called the rep has been more then helpful and super friendly.
Last edited by h-7 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:15 am

pumbaugh wrote:^^The promo clearly states 99 SW purchase. LEGO customer service is great, but people continually taking advantage of them can make a company change their position on things. Although it adds it to the cart automatically online with anything over 99, I can't help but think its unethical to try and call repeatedly to get one when the purchase clearly did not meet the terms. I am all for getting deals, but not trying to intentionally work around the system.

Would hate to see them say why bother getting rid of these freebies-too much hassle for people calling complaining, next time we just trash them..
I really do not think me calling took advantage of them especially the way I handled it, asking about the intent of the promo first. In the last week I spent 750.00, I only asked for 1 Shadow Trooper since I only had one order in the time that the promo was active.

RainingBoroSI02
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RainingBoroSI02 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 am

RainingBoroSI02 wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:
I just got off the phone with Lego, and they were super nice. I got the ARF, and the rep saw that I had ordered the Mini-modulars with that order, and wondered how I was liking it and whether I had any other modulars. :-D Also, super helpful with looking through the replacement parts for sand green bricks to build my own Green Grocer. Lego just makes me smile.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Looks like this promo is over now... At least for Canada.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com