[US/CAN] May 2012 LEGO Store Calendar

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
atmail35
Duke
Duke

[US/CAN] May 2012 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 pm

I picked up the May 2012 calendar today.

Front:
IMG_20120403_193517.jpg
Back:
IMG_20120403_193534.jpg
Events/Sales:
May 1st: Monthly Mini Model Build, Tulip
May 4-5th: May the 4th Be With You - Free TC-14 minifigure with $75 SW Purchase (in-store & on-line)
May 16-31st: Free Hulk minifigure w/ $50 purchase (in-store & on-line)
May 1-31st: $10 off Life of George w/ $50 purchase (in-store only)
May 19th: LEGO CLUB Meeting - Marvel Super Heroes
May 21-June 3rd Take your photo w/ Super Hero (Hulk cutout - cardboard?) -free poster if you upload your picture to the LEGO Store Facebook page
May 30-31st: Life of George Building Challenge

Limited Edition PAB Model - Painter (starting May 1st)

Coming in May:
10225 R2D2
S7 CMF
Super Heroes (4597 Captain America and 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle are listed)

Grand Openings (giveway is a set of the LEGO Store or T-shirts)
Vancouver, BC May 4-6
Wauwatosa, WI May 11-13
Woodlands, TX May 28-20
Peabody, MA May 25-27

Grand Re-Opening of Disneyland Store May 25-27 "special offers" available.

One Year Anniversary of Beachwood, OH May 5-6, exclusive minifig set with a qualifying purchase.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: [US/CAN] May 2012 LEGO Store Calendar

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Thank you so much for an image! So stoked for the grand opening of the Vancouver LEGO store. And it even comes with a new exclusive LEGO store model with a $35+ purchase.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:58 pm

^ YEAH, WOW, that's a cool little model... soooo much better than the exclusive minifigure collections and even better than most of the original exclusive sets.

Interesting, another PaB model. Once again, it's not great... but there are some cool elements in it this time.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:02 pm

So I saw the April "bunny sets" and the elements are already put into a small PAB Cup....and the May "Painter" is kinda lame too...

LOVE the LEGO Store set...must go to the Peabody, MA store! I agree w. Vynsane, it is much better than the minifig sets!

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:32 pm

So no mention of free shipping... I guess I will have to head in-store to pick up those exclusive minifigs (unless it mysteriously pops up like it has before).

The exclusive Mini Lego Store is simply lovely. I definitely agree that it is far superior to the mostly generic minifig sets.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:40 pm

They're now doing 3 promos lasting for 3 days which equals more money to spend. I believe day one is t-shirt, day 2 is the LEGO store set, and day 3 is the exclusive minifig set.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 am

I looked closer at the calendar and if you have take a photo with the Hulk "cutout" and submit it to the LEGO Store's Facebook page you can get a free Marvel Super Heroes poster.

roarimapanda
I'm New !

Post by roarimapanda » Tue May 08, 2012 3:06 pm

does anyone know if the disney store will be offering the ministore models if you spend 35 dollars or more?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue May 08, 2012 4:42 pm

^ The mini LEGO Store model is only for grand opening events. The grand re-opening is in a separate box on the back of the calendar, so it would seem it's not going to be offering the Store set...

I think the poster they refer to in the red portion at the bottom of the calendar under the heading "Superheroes Unite!" is the Avengers movie poster parody that was being given out at theaters last weekend - I called the Palisades Mall LEGO Store this afternoon to ask if they had it (as I'd heard they were giving them out at the Queens store on the 4th) and the helpful gent I spoke to corroborated the story - the Avengers poster is part of the "Free Hulk Minifigure w/purchase of $50+" promo, but the calendar says you need to upload a photo of yourself with an in-store cardboard cutout to facebook in order to qualify.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue May 08, 2012 4:53 pm

I want the poster. Apparently some theatres and LEGO stores have these to give out, you just have to ask for them.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue May 08, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm hoping the theater I'm going to on Saturday has the poster, but am optimistically skeptical. I never got ahold of anyone on the phone there in to make sure they had it.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue May 08, 2012 8:17 pm

vynsane wrote:I'm hoping the theater I'm going to on Saturday has the poster, but am optimistically skeptical. I never got ahold of anyone on the phone there in to make sure they had it.
Same here. I'm going to see the movie with a few of my buddies, even though I have no interest in The Avengers. Everyone is talking about it and saying it is very good so might as well see it. And it could be an excuse to buy the sets. :-D

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue May 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Legobrandon wrote:
vynsane wrote:I'm hoping the theater I'm going to on Saturday has the poster, but am optimistically skeptical. I never got ahold of anyone on the phone there in to make sure they had it.
Same here. I'm going to see the movie with a few of my buddies, even though I have no interest in The Avengers. Everyone is talking about it and saying it is very good so might as well see it. And it could be an excuse to buy the sets. :-D
I have checked both ScotiaBank theatre at downtown and Metropolis, they didn't carry the poster. :sad:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue May 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I'll let you know weather or not they have it at the Cineplex Theatre in Richmond.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat May 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Anyone have one of the Lego Store's they would be willing to trade? =)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon May 21, 2012 9:58 am

I emailed LEGO Customer Service and can confirm that the poster being given away is the Avengers one. :D

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon May 21, 2012 10:19 am

Yes, it is. Sorry I didn't get a chance to post here until now, but I asked on Saturday when I was in the Palisade's Center Mall to get the Hulk minifigure. The first person I asked gave me the whole speil about taking your picture with the Captain America minifigure standee and posting it to facebook and that I would have to come back starting Monday (today) to do it in order to get the poster, but I asked the dude who was ringing me up (who also helped us finding the CMFs7 we wanted) if I really couldn't get the poster that day and he was like "nah, man, I'll go get you one" and came back with TWO! So, YMMV regarding the poster thing, depends on who you talk to.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon May 21, 2012 10:23 am

Lucky. I really don't want to show my face to the world just to get this poster. But I'll probably do it anyways.