Mini LEGO Store Model Set

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Mini LEGO Store Model Set

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Next month during May, there will be four LEGO Brand stores that will be having their grand openings. In addition to their free T-shirts, limited edition minifigure set (3 pack) and events tradition, it appears that they will also be offering an exclusive LEGO model. From the looks of it, it appears to be a mini LEGO Brand Store set! Please note that each promotion are on separate dates (i.e minifigure promotion is not on the same day as the model promotion).

Mini LEGO Store Set

There will be four new stores that will be offering this special exclusive offer. So if you live in one of those areas, your very lucky!

Canada: Vancouver, BC (Celebration runs from May 4-6)
United States: Wauwatosa, WI (Celebration runs from May 11-13)
United States: Woodlands, TX (Celebration runs from May 18-20)
United States: Peabody, MA (Celebration runs from May 25-27)

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/mini-lego-store-model-set/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: May 2012 LEGO Store Grand Openings - Free Exclusive Mode

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:47 pm

The minifigure set is still available. Plus, the celebration runs for 3 days so 3 promos. For example: http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Nashville/LandingPage.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Mini LEGO Store Model Set

Post by Cimmerian » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Didn't know they were opening one in Woodlands, Texas. I'll have to go get me one of those Lego store sets. That'll be 3 stores in the Houston area.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Legobrandon wrote:The minifigure set is still available. Plus, the celebration runs for 3 days so 3 promos. For example: http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Nashville/LandingPage.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cool, thanks. Orginally, I wasn't planning on going. But now that they're offering the store model, I have to go! Now the lineup. :problem:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Ice wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:The minifigure set is still available. Plus, the celebration runs for 3 days so 3 promos. For example: http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Nashville/LandingPage.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cool, thanks. Orginally, I wasn't planning on going. But now that they're offering the store model, I have to go! Now the lineup. :problem:
What to buy, what to buy...? The decision is so difficult. I don't want to be spending too much on the first day ($50+) but there is nothing I really like under $50. :think:

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:03 pm

It totally didn't register with me that the dates were 3 days, even when I typed it in. ;-) That hopefully should spread out the crowd a bit, although I'm sure most folks will go for the model.

Does anyone know how many of the giveaways they typically offered? I know I should go early (and leave the kid at home)...but I'm wondering how early!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Legobrandon wrote: What to buy, what to buy...? The decision is so difficult. I don't want to be spending too much on the first day ($50+) but there is nothing I really like under $50. :think:
Ya, its hard. I don't even want to pay regular price for some old sets that I can get for BOGO right now at Zellers...

I guess I'll just have to suck it up and buy $75 of some Star Wars items to get TC-14 and the model.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:20 pm

^ you guys are lucky the Vancouver opening is during the May the 4th promo...kill two birds with one stone...but the line might be brutal! ;-)

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:30 pm

I would happily subsidize someone's second trip through the queue in exchange for one of those models. Maybe not the whole $50, but definitely something.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 pm

atmail35 wrote:It totally didn't register with me that the dates were 3 days, even when I typed it in. ;-) That hopefully should spread out the crowd a bit, although I'm sure most folks will go for the model.

Does anyone know how many of the giveaways they typically offered? I know I should go early (and leave the kid at home)...but I'm wondering how early!
In previous years, the little advertisement says like max. 300 per store but that is usually just to attract more customers and in reality the max is about 500 per store.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:33 pm

I would feel kind of guilty if I bought an item and "re-lined" up before the rest of the crowd outside could get in. But at the same time I would also like two of the LEGO store set, so I don't know...

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Any price info on the Lego store?

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Legobrandon wrote:I would feel kind of guilty if I bought an item and "re-lined" up before the rest of the crowd outside could get in. But at the same time I would also like two of the LEGO store set, so I don't know...
I went to one store opening where I camped the line early, bought enough to qualify, brought it back to my car, went and got in line again. Circling straight back to the register would feel like cheating to me, but I figure if I'm willing to do the extra time in line it's fair enough.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 pm

evo8hks wrote:Any price info on the Lego store?
Should be $35 to get the gift.
atmail35 wrote:^ you guys are lucky the Vancouver opening is during the May the 4th promo...kill two birds with one stone...but the line might be brutal! ;-)
While Boston doesn't get the Star Wars promo, you do get the Hulk minifigure promo instead. :)

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 pm

How long do the lines typically get for these events? I may ask someone to go for me but they're not the sort to stand in line for an hour.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 pm

bea wrote:How long do the lines typically get for these events? I may ask someone to go for me but they're not the sort to stand in line for an hour.
Well it really depends on the population of the city, LEGO fans in the city and how many people actually know about the event. Get there early, that is my opinion.

From Fairview, Toronto Store Via Dr_spock

More photographs here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3377&p=31569#p31569" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Ice on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited links as dr_spock had the photos on our site already

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:38 pm

That line is crazy. Doesn't help at all when the free model is on a saturday either.. sigh :(

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 am

Legobrandon wrote:I would feel kind of guilty if I bought an item and "re-lined" up before the rest of the crowd outside could get in. But at the same time I would also like two of the LEGO store set, so I don't know...

I could not think of any SW set that I am so desperate to purchase at CDN MSRP. I doubt if any forum member would re-lined up for this Vancouver event while they understand that they don't have to pay CDN MSRP for a lego set.

Both TC-14 and the lego store mini model are very tempting, and TC-14 is a must. Unfortunately, I really have to think if it is worth to spend the line-up time and make extra damage to my wallet.

Thx for the news.

zaskar
Citizen
Citizen

Post by zaskar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 am

There are two new store openings in April that are offering the same promotions.

United States: Nashville, TN (Celebration runs from April 27 -29)

United States: Victor, NY (Celebration runs from April 27 -29)

I finally have a store that's only an hour away!

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:25 am

Be careful on expecting double promos at these store openings...ie the TC-14 fig AND the daily giveaway. I know when I went to the Indianapolis store opening I was shot down on the free PaB cup over 100 on the calendar and the Free store minifig set...manager let me pick one or the other...since I already packed the cup, I bought the cup and took the set for obv reasons. Now a free fig in a poly doesn;t cause the disturbance in the store that a free PaB cup for everyone during a store opening does. I can only imagine all 500 of those people also waiting to pack a PaB cup...would have been a riot lol...

Don't mean to be a downer, just tempering expectations. Now where is the nearest store opening to me that I can drive to....must get that mini store set.