Lego Store in the Mall of America - 20 year anniversary

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Lego Store in the Mall of America - 20 year anniversary

Post by Selby-Tiger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am

I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere else, although it probably is. This weekend, starting today at 11am, is a celebration of 20 years since opening. Here's what the promo piece had to say:

Friday, June 8 - Sunday, June 10
11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Daily
Mall Wide, Level 1
Rotunda - see on map
Join LEGO® as they help celebrate the 20th anniversary of Mall of America! Assist LEGO Master Builders construct a replica of the LEGO Store mascot, Brickley, take classes at Master Builder Academy events throughout the weekend and help make a large scale map of the USA made of LEGO bricks with the Creation Nation event. You can also check out the exclusive unveiling of a new LEGO set on Saturday morning and see great fan displays throughout the entire weekend! We hope you can join us for this exciting event and celebrate the Mall’s 20th Anniversary!

I know of two special deals, a free minifigure package (3) with $35 purchase and a free Brickley set with $75 purchase. I believe that is a $10 and $15 value respectively. Just know that normal Saturday's at the MOA store are madness, so this will be incredibly busy.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Lego Store in the Mall of America - 20 year anniversary

Post by Zeya » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:18 am

What is the "exclusive unveiling of a new LEGO set" all about? What set is it?

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:27 am

Zeya wrote:What is the "exclusive unveiling of a new LEGO set" all about? What set is it?
Good question, I haven't quite figured that out yet. And is it new, or just new to this market? All I can come up with is that it's one of the MF or LOTR exclusives - maybe.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:28 pm

We will reveal the set tommorow at 1 pm EST as well (an hour after its been revealed at the Mall of America).

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Give us some hints! Is it an exclusive? Is it over 1000 parts? Will it be available to all countries or just MoA? Haunted House? I'm dying to find out.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Sorry, I can't say much. The only thing I can say is that its very impressive! Everything will be posted tommorow at 10am PST / 12pm CST / 1pm EST.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:45 pm

:lol:no Can't wait!

Kevinhink
I'm New !

Post by Kevinhink » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:52 pm

If you're in the area- stop by and check out the LEGO Fan Display Showcase! We have some incredible creations presented by members of the local fan community during this event as well. I'm actually on-site supporting the event this weekend so if you'd like to meet and chat you will find me with the fans. :)

The new exclusive model will be unveiled tomorrow morning at 9:00am (CST). Should be great, no worries if you're not in the area, as mentioned above, the official press release will be distributed to the online fan communities as usual. You'll find it everywhere soon enough, but visitors at the Mall of America get to see it first. ;)

-Kevin

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:23 am

I have come to my own unofficial conclusion that the set that is going to be unveiled will be the Haunted House. Well the R2-D2 got announced a while back and since the Monster Fighters theme was recently released, the Haunted House is a great fit. :)