LEGO Star Wars & City Advent Calendar 2012 Now at Amazon

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Star Wars & City Advent Calendar 2012 Now at Amazon

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 pm

The two new 2012 LEGO City and Star Wars Advent Calendars are now available for pre-order at Amazon. Dispatch date is September 1st, 2012. Unfortunately, it appears that the LEGO Group has once again raised their prices for their Christmas sets. The City ones will now be priced at $39.99 USD and the Star Wars ones will be $49.99 USD. And if the price isn't high enough already, Toys R Us has the Star Wars Advent Calendars for $59.99!

LEGO City Advent Calendar 2012 (#4428)

LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2012 (#9509)

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-star-wars-c ... at-amazon/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO Star Wars & City Advent Calendar 2012 Now at Amazon

Post by dho7622u » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Odd that the Santa has the old headdress....

dth

Relhak
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Relhak » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:09 pm

So the piles of leftover stock from last year's SW Advent set told them to jack up the price by $10?

Yogibara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Yogibara » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Relhak wrote:So the piles of leftover stock from last year's SW Advent set told them to jack up the price by $10?
Agreed, price is WAAAY to steep for what you get.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I will just wait til these are on clearance again.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Yogibara wrote:
Relhak wrote:So the piles of leftover stock from last year's SW Advent set told them to jack up the price by $10?
Agreed, price is WAAAY to steep for what you get.
I'm actually saving last years SW calendar that I got on clearance for my kids to use this year. I'll use this years that I pick up on clearance (unless they really cut production) for next year.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:11 pm

So it looks like the rumor of nixing the Friends themed calendar were true. Not good.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Sinfanti wrote:So it looks like the rumor of nixing the Friends themed calendar were true. Not good.
How do you figure?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Sinfanti wrote:So it looks like the rumor of nixing the Friends themed calendar were true. Not good.
Nope! Check out the comment by Model Gal on a Brickset news article:
The Friends Advent Calendars were technically cancelled, but they have already been made, so they will be selling in both the European and US markets (I don't know about other markets). It was on the Ambassador Forums and I heard it from Kevin Hinkle himself last weekend. So not to fret, they will be available!

Little3piggies
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Little3piggies » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 pm

I actually emailed TLG and innocently asked when the Friends advent was coming out because my girls were very excited. Response from a rep there said she was excited to get one for her kids also, but that she did not have a date to give me. So i'm still hopeful!

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:45 pm

I guess I figured that if the Friends Advent Calendar were still in the pipeline that they would make it available for pre-order at the same time as SW and City ones. Given the stories like Model Gal's of cancelled-but-still-happening I'm kind of waiting to see it before believing it's still going to be available. I will certainly be happy if/when it does come out. I'm happy to eat my words when they are words of disappointment.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 am

if they are indeed cancelled, i would be buying up the lot as soon as they are available. ;) nothing like buying out discontinued sets and making a profit from the secondary market.

as for the SW calendar - pass....no special minifigs other than darth maul and the snow droid. and those aren't worth $40 extra (the other parts are no more than $10 by my count).

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:00 am

Wow... things are getting pricier and pricier... I wonder what the Canadian $ prices will be?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:48 am

Yeah I was wondering about that myself, but who knows, maybe they cut back on production to increase sacrcity enough in order to get the $$$. All I know is they aren't getting it from me.

akguthal
I'm New !

Post by akguthal » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:45 am

The Star Wars calendar on Amazon is ready for dispatch now!

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:12 am

I didn't buy last years star wars advent calendar until after xmas when it was half off. The wife has been keeping it for me so I wouldn't be tempted to open it.

I feel like that is a pretty good system. I'll get this one after Christmas on clearance and put together the 2011 star wars advent this year.

The only issue is the will power of holding onto it for almost a year without opening it. It's good to have someone else to tell you no :lol:no

Monkey Shuttle
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Monkey Shuttle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:10 am

Also, these have shown up in Meijer stores. I saw both calendars at two separate stores yesterday.

pushpin
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pushpin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:45 pm

lego the hutt wrote:I didn't buy last years star wars advent calendar until after xmas when it was half off. The wife has been keeping it for me so I wouldn't be tempted to open it.

I feel like that is a pretty good system. I'll get this one after Christmas on clearance and put together the 2011 star wars advent this year.

The only issue is the will power of holding onto it for almost a year without opening it. It's good to have someone else to tell you no :lol:no
If LEGO makes an overbundance of these calendars again, they will surely be available for deep, deep discounts in January. I picked up the 2011 City Calendar for about $7 at B&N and the Star Wars 2011 Calendar was clearanced for $13 or maybe less at Target. Well worth the wait, IMO

mshiels
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mshiels » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Canadian prices are 39.99, and 49.99 same as USA I think. And I can verify 100% that the friends advent has been cancelled for all independant dealers, nice eh!! Who knows who they will let carry the limited stock they produced.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:32 pm

mshiels wrote:Canadian prices are 39.99, and 49.99 same as USA I think. And I can verify 100% that the friends advent has been cancelled for all independant dealers, nice eh!! Who knows who they will let carry the limited stock they produced.
Wait, wait, wait. What did I just read? American and Canadian prices are going to be exactly the same? I was thinking it would be $10-20 more expensive over here.

So is there a slim chance that the 2013 sets will have lower prices next year?