[Toys R Us] DS SSD IS and DA BOGO50%

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
tensor
Knight
Knight

[Toys R Us] DS SSD IS and DA BOGO50%

Post by tensor » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Worth a new thread.

Death Star & SSD (limit 1 each)
Imperial Shuttle & Diagon Alley (limit 2 each)

All are buy one get one 50% off now. You can get 1 DS and 1 SSD, or 2 IS/DA to max savings.

Hurry!

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [Toys R Us] DS SSD IS and DA BOGO50%

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm

tensor wrote:Worth a new thread.

Death Star & SSD (limit 1 each)
Imperial Shuttle & Diagon Alley (limit 2 each)

All are buy one get one 50% off now. You can get 1 DS and 1 SSD, or 2 IS/DA to max savings.

Hurry!
Considering I posted about this ~3.5 hours ago and they are still available, I doubt there is a need to hurry.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Edmond Dantes wrote: Considering I posted about this ~3.5 hours ago and they are still available, I doubt there is a need to hurry.
well, you can only cry wolf so many times before people stop taking you seriously. i'm of course not referring to you but to TRU. after so many fake sales, people are turning to alternative venues like yoyo, amazon, target, kmart and even wally.

i would however consider getting DA since it's likely the set will discontinue soon. it's already sold out in S@H uk and other european countries.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:35 pm

natelite wrote:
Edmond Dantes wrote: Considering I posted about this ~3.5 hours ago and they are still available, I doubt there is a need to hurry.
well, you can only cry wolf so many times before people stop taking you seriously. i'm of course not referring to you but to TRU. after so many fake sales, people are turning to alternative venues like yoyo, amazon, target, kmart and even wally.

i would however consider getting DA since it's likely the set will discontinue soon. it's already sold out in S@H uk and other european countries.

Yes, I completely agree. I was astounded when I randomly logged on and saw the sale applied to most of the exclusives and the large SW sets (except the modulars).

I did indeed purchase two DA sets.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Tax kinda kills it for me. If I see it on Amazon close to $300, I'll jump.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Two DAs for me too. Thanks!

Also I should note that they finally fixed their cart so you can order a bunch of small sets and the 50% will apply to every other one! So I was also able to get two packs of road plates for $15 + $7.50 in the same order of $150 + $75 DAs.

Update: Actually still found that their cart isn't totally fixed. Only 3 items will get 50% off. Trying to add an 8th item will not get the discount. Did they do that on purpose?

ISDAvenger
I'm New !

Post by ISDAvenger » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Gaaaa, what to do....what to do.

Grayfox
I'm New !

Post by Grayfox » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:21 pm

wtf...I want me some modulars. Why did they allow the other hard to find items except the modulars. That sucks. They are listed in the 'creator' section and that section isn't excluded in the sale. I guess I really will have to call.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 pm

While watching aftermarket price for Hogwarts Castle is starting to go up, I finally pulled trigger on 2 DA. I was glad TRUs did not mark them up. In fact, there isn't many online shops still carrying this box set, and most likely it is getting hard to see this box set at this price.
Last edited by legohunter on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sonofgun1776 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:57 pm

For those tempted to call TRU service to argue for the modular sets and BOGO50, the modular sets are considered "models", not "construction sets". So technically, they are automatically excluded from BOGO50.

I believe back in September, for just 1 day (Monday?) after the B2G1 free week, the modular sets were BOGO40. So now i guess it's the SW sets' turn ??
Last edited by sonofgun1776 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grayfox
I'm New !

Post by Grayfox » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:04 pm

sonofgun1776 wrote:For those tempted to call TRU service to argue for the modular sets and BOGO50, the modular sets are considered "models", not "construction sets". So technically, they are automatically excluded from BOGO50.

I believe back in September, for just 1 day (Monday?) after the B2G1 free week, the modular sets were BOGO40. So now i guess it's the SW sets' turn ??
Indeed I just got off the phone with them and there's just no way they'll give me the discount on the modulars. Even when I argued that they were listed in the 'creator' sub line and that this sub line was not excluded from the sale. The poor rep was very, very sorry he couldn't do anything about it and offered me a $10 discount on a future order to make up for the inconvenience...heh.

So yeah, if anyone cares to enlighten me, do the modulars EVER go on sale? Besides the BOGO 40% last year?

What pisses me off the most is that they actually went back and modified the sale to include some of the hard to find sets but did not included the modulars :down:

thehotsung
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by thehotsung » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Diagon alley is cool to look at but offer no play-ability whatsoever.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm

natelite wrote:
It is ture that there were too many fake sales (along with the mark up) from TRUs. Look, the modular sets were excluded from this sale. I would not be surprised to see sophisciated shoppers walking away from TRUs.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Grayfox wrote:
sonofgun1776 wrote:For those tempted to call TRU service to argue for the modular sets and BOGO50, the modular sets are considered "models", not "construction sets". So technically, they are automatically excluded from BOGO50.

Indeed I just got off the phone with them and there's just no way they'll give me the discount on the modulars. Even when I argued that they were listed in the 'creator' sub line and that this sub line was not excluded from the sale. The poor rep was very, very sorry he couldn't do anything about it and offered me a $10 discount on a future order to make up for the inconvenience...heh.

So yeah, if anyone cares to enlighten me, do the modulars EVER go on sale? Besides the BOGO 40% last year?

What pisses me off the most is that they actually went back and modified the sale to include some of the hard to find sets but did not included the modulars :down:
I tried the same thing today, they wouldn't budge.

I was tempted to get the Diagon Alley sets but I already had one, and I wasn't the most confident in reselling it (even though I have a good feeling that set will rise in price once discontinued).

Anyone in Canada, in Toronto & GTA wanna split an order for the R2-D2 or the Imperial Shuttle? I'm tempted for either one...still pricey but better than the Canadian price. The R2-D2 turns out to be about 20% off Canadian price while the Imperial Shuttle is around 25% off. Yes, I realize the discount may not be the greatest but neither of these sets ever go on sale in Canada. Not the best deal if you have a US shipping location, but if you don't this is a decent price...though if you do have a US shipping location thing, do message me, I could use your help... :-D

Otiscaste
I'm New !

Post by Otiscaste » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:33 am

So how does it work if I buy two DA (or 1 DA and one other item at $150)? If I returned the extra item keeping the DA would I net out at 25% for the DA? If so, that doesn't seem so bad. Or will they show one item at full price and one at 50%? I thought the last time I took advantage of this sort of deal TRU adjusted the price of the cheaper item by 50% and the more expensive was at full price. But if this is the case and I buy something at more than $150 would I be able to return the higher price item and get the DA at 50% off? Anybody have any insight on this? I think if I could still net out a 25% discount on DA I'll take it, but I don't need two sets right now.

csun22
I'm New !

Post by csun22 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 am

Otiscaste wrote:So how does it work if I buy two DA (or 1 DA and one other item at $150)? If I returned the extra item keeping the DA would I net out at 25% for the DA? If so, that doesn't seem so bad. Or will they show one item at full price and one at 50%? I thought the last time I took advantage of this sort of deal TRU adjusted the price of the cheaper item by 50% and the more expensive was at full price. But if this is the case and I buy something at more than $150 would I be able to return the higher price item and get the DA at 50% off? Anybody have any insight on this? I think if I could still net out a 25% discount on DA I'll take it, but I don't need two sets right now.
I'm pretty sure if you try to return one item, they'll adjust the price so you'd end up paying the full retail price for the item you keep. That's how most retail stores that have a BOGO sale would handle the return of only one of the items.

brocksbricks
I'm New !

Post by brocksbricks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 am

Otiscaste wrote:So how does it work if I buy two DA (or 1 DA and one other item at $150)? If I returned the extra item keeping the DA would I net out at 25% for the DA? If so, that doesn't seem so bad. Or will they show one item at full price and one at 50%? I thought the last time I took advantage of this sort of deal TRU adjusted the price of the cheaper item by 50% and the more expensive was at full price. But if this is the case and I buy something at more than $150 would I be able to return the higher price item and get the DA at 50% off? Anybody have any insight on this? I think if I could still net out a 25% discount on DA I'll take it, but I don't need two sets right now.
I'm pretty sure when you try to return either set, that they credit you for the 50% off one first, so you would end up paying full price on the one you kept.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:46 am

DA was OOS for ship-to-home order.

dragonhill2k3
I'm New !

Post by dragonhill2k3 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 am

Guess this is over now? No discount showing in cart. The normal sets are all still BOGO50%.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 am

Looks over. This company is all over the map when it comes to sales management.