Goblin King Battle £46.62 shipped from Amazon.co.uk

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Goblin King Battle £46.62 shipped from Amazon.co.uk

Post by Hodgeman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am

Just placed an order:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... tonbr0b-21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should work out to about $74 CA plus tax and brokerage - should still be a good deal vs $130 plus tax retail.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Goblin King Battle £46.62 shipped from Amazon.co.uk

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:36 am

Wow! I think it took me 37 seconds MAX to complete the transaction.

Excellent deal and a big THANK YOU to Hodgeman for sharing :clap:

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 am

Great, thanks for the deal! For a while there, it was "sold out" and could only be purchased from a third party seller for 77 pounds, but it came back "in stock", so I managed to get one. Thanks so much for the heads up... that's a great price for Canadians!

edit: and hopefully it ships DHL, to save on taxes... but even if it doesn't, it's still a great deal with taxes and duty on top

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks for posting! That is a great deal!!!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks. Just pick one up myself. Great deal.

Brick75T
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Brick75T » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Yeah, that was great - thanks!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Thanks but will wait for further discount since without adding the tax on top, with brokerage, we will end up paying about $85 which is around 34-35% off. Without brokerage and tax, it is very temping, but highly unlikely that most of us will have to pay so I will pass and will stay put for bigger discount.

Jasper Parnebrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Jasper Parnebrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:09 pm

dulait wrote:Thanks but will wait for further discount since without adding the tax on top, with brokerage, we will end up paying about $85 which is around 34-35% off. Without brokerage and tax, it is very temping, but highly unlikely that most of us will have to pay so I will pass and will stay put for bigger discount.
Well, brokerage is a hit or miss thing. I find it kills me for about another 10% (depending on the actual cost of what im buying). But I've probably placed about 40 orders from the UK, France, Italy and Germany, and I've only been hit twice. On the other hand I've been nailed every single time when Iv'e bought from the US through Bricklink.

I just picked up 3 of these babies.. after shipping, AND AFTER the HST in Ontario, I saved 51.97%. Even if I get hit for brokerage, i'll still be saving roughly 40%, and thats nothing to sneeze at...

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Jasper Parnebrick wrote:
dulait wrote:Thanks but will wait for further discount since without adding the tax on top, with brokerage, we will end up paying about $85 which is around 34-35% off. Without brokerage and tax, it is very temping, but highly unlikely that most of us will have to pay so I will pass and will stay put for bigger discount.
Well, brokerage is a hit or miss thing. I find it kills me for about another 10% (depending on the actual cost of what im buying). But I've probably placed about 40 orders from the UK, France, Italy and Germany, and I've only been hit twice. On the other hand I've been nailed every single time when Iv'e bought from the US through Bricklink

I just picked up 3 of these babies.. after shipping, AND AFTER the HST in Ontario, I saved 51.97%. Even if I get hit for brokerage, i'll still be saving roughly 40%, and thats nothing to sneeze at...
3? I am guessing for investment?

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Man! I just can't help myself. I am like a teenage girl at the shopping mall when it comes to Lego being on sale. I just Buy Buy Buy!...

I order about 2 more of the Goblin King Battle.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Must...resist...

How's this set in comparison to the other LOTR/The Hobbit sets? There are a couple that are good, but for whatever reason it reminds me of the "Mines of Moria" set which IMHO is horrible.

Francfurters
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Francfurters » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm

What's funny was that I purchased this set for only $39.99 at BAM during the holiday season.. It certainly was a price error since it was way below the MSRP. There were no clearance tags, it was a regular priced set. Maybe the clerk misread the 8 in $89.99 (which is the retail price) thinking it was a 3. At first I though it was too good to be true, but I managed to buy 2 since this was a find, so rare, that I think this will never happen again where I'm at. :mrgreen:

Jasper Parnebrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Jasper Parnebrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:59 pm

super26 wrote:
Jasper Parnebrick wrote:
Well, brokerage is a hit or miss thing. I find it kills me for about another 10% (depending on the actual cost of what im buying). But I've probably placed about 40 orders from the UK, France, Italy and Germany, and I've only been hit twice. On the other hand I've been nailed every single time when Iv'e bought from the US through Bricklink

3? I am guessing for investment?
One for my son, and two for resale.. If it ends up being a dud, he's got a massive goblin hive on his hands... and two imposter Goblin Kings!

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Toronadian wrote:Must...resist...

How's this set in comparison to the other LOTR/The Hobbit sets? There are a couple that are good, but for whatever reason it reminds me of the "Mines of Moria" set which IMHO is horrible.

Goblin King Battle is a better playset than Mines of Moria. Moria is a glorified overpriced minifigure battlepack.

This playset's functions are fun and everything is connected. The minifigures are fantastic. This is sort of a glorified minifigure battlepack too, but its slightly better at a good sale price such as this.

plus you cant go wrong with the elements in this set! It has plenty of great bricks you always find yourself needing for scenery or structures!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:18 am

Jasper Parnebrick wrote:
Well, brokerage is a hit or miss thing. I find it kills me for about another 10% (depending on the actual cost of what im buying). But I've probably placed about 40 orders from the UK, France, Italy and Germany, and I've only been hit twice. On the other hand I've been nailed every single time when Iv'e bought from the US through Bricklink.

Did you convert it as British pound or Euro? Since with GBP it comes out to be around $46-47 shipped, which is around $73-74 CAD and that is before brokerage and tax. So it is more like 43-44%. With Euro, it will be around 50%. Would you please explain how you get 51.97% even after HST?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:46 am

Toronadian wrote:Must...resist...

For myself, I brought most of the Lord of the Rings sets so I could get the fellowship, but I am not gonna do the same with the dwarfs in the hobbit sets, getting too pricey, and with the new LOTR sets around the corner, I think I will pass on the hobbit sets unless they hit the 50% off mark, and that is after brokerage and tax I hope.
Last edited by dulait on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 am

Jasper Parnebrick wrote:
One for my son, and two for resale.. If it ends up being a dud, he's got a massive goblin hive on his hands... and two imposter Goblin Kings!
I am sure your son will love it

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 am

Francfurters wrote:What's funny was that I purchased this set for only $39.99 at BAM during the holiday season.. It certainly was a price error since it was way below the MSRP. There were no clearance tags, it was a regular priced set. Maybe the clerk misread the 8 in $89.99 (which is the retail price) thinking it was a 3. At first I though it was too good to be true, but I managed to buy 2 since this was a find, so rare, that I think this will never happen again where I'm at. :mrgreen:
wow! That is very lucky of you to get it at that price ($39.99).

super26
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by super26 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 am

Just got my order shipped via UPS. Don't know if that's a good thing of not in terms of being charged extra (Duty, taxes, etc).

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:12 am

All of us will be charged (taxes and fee) if shipped using UPS to canada. Worst of all, if you missed the shipment you have to line up at the depot and it is a busy line (when you go after work hours)!