[CAN] Toys R Us - June 7 - June 13

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
scotts
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[CAN] Toys R Us - June 7 - June 13

Post by scotts » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:37 pm

ALL Lego Monster Fighters sets will be on sale for 20% off and SELECT Lego City, Creator and Basic sets for 20% off as well.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: [CAN] Toys R Us - June 7 - June 13

Post by hatcher » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:15 am

Yeah, "select" translates into none of the big modular sets are on sale.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

scotts
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scotts » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:58 am

Yeah pretty brutal sale this and last week, I hope this doesn't become a trend with TRU.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 am

scotts wrote:Yeah pretty brutal sale this and last week, I hope this doesn't become a trend with TRU.
Become a trend? It already is.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:18 am

With free shipping at S@H now - that will definitely impact TRU... who will buy from TRU (usually damaged sets due to insufficient packaging) when you can buy from S@H for non inflated prices and usually a freebie and VIP points?

Only those having no knowledge about S@H will buy from TRU - or those who can't wait to get their LEGO.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:06 am

I swear. What's the point of posting that TRU is having a sale when the result is always the same: Complaining!

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:43 am

This sale is a good (and maybe only) opportunity to get the Haunted House at a discount.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:19 am

unclephn wrote:This sale is a good (and maybe only) opportunity to get the Haunted House at a discount.
Haunted House is not listed at the moment on their site, also there is scratch and save at the Lego Store on black friday and boxing day. And for those that live close to the border, they can order from Amazon.com. So, the only time I think anyone would want to shop at Toys R Us for lego now is when they have their 50% off clearance, or for some of their exclusive poly bags or exclusive sets for at least 30% off.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:58 am

Well yes, you are correct on all counts, but I was speaking in a more general sense.

1. I guess it's just bad timing that the Haunted House isn't currently listed online, but it was the last time Monster Fighters was on sale, and that was just a few weeks ago. It's almost certain that Monster Fighters will go on sale again, as they'll need the shelf space for upcoming waves/themes that will be released in the near future.

2. Yes, the Lego Store does have scratch & save cards, but like you said, that's on Black Friday and Boxing Day, the two most dreaded retail shopping days in the year. You have to be willing to be up and at the mall at the crack of dawn, and willing to brave the crowds. Secondly, you'd also have to be lucky to get a scratch card worth more than 10% off (that's all I've ever gotten in the past two years, and I'm willing to bet that that's the case with the majority of people who've chosen to shop on those days). Basically, the odds are against you.

3. For those who live close to the border, the rest of us envy you! But really, if you're able to cross the border to take advantage of US prices and sales on a somewhat regular basis, then the 'Canadian Sales & Deals' part of the forum is really a non-factor for you. This part of the forum is for everyone else.

4. I agree with you on all counts in regards to TRU's clearance sales, polybags, and sales on exclusive sets.