[REVIEW] 21105 Minecraft Micro World: The Village

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
100%
Average
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 4

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

[REVIEW] 21105 Minecraft Micro World: The Village

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 pm

Set#: 21105
Name: Micro world:The Village
Theme: Minecraft
Year: 2013
Pieces: 466
Minifigs: None
Price: US $34.99 / CAN $44.99 / UK £29.99

The Box:

The box is five inches tall, wide and deep. It looks small for the price but there's less air in the box than most sets.

The Pieces:

Inside the box there are six bags, a brick separator and two instruction booklets.

There are ten printed pieces five to build the set and five are extra. With only a few parts from your collection you could build twice as many.

This set contains the new version of the jumper plate (left), as well as the old one (right). Though future copies of this set will probably only have the new version.

A significant number of the parts are 1x1 tiles, 174 of them to be exact. This is the first set to have 1x1 tiles in Dark Green (68) and Dark Tan(26).

All the pieces.

THE BUILD:

There are three buildable micro-mobs: a villager, a zombie and a pig.

Starting on the first of the four sections. It is a part of an abandoned mine with a chest and a box of TNT.

Bottom half of first section completed. has a flame piece for a torch.

A piece of the wall next to the TNT is removable for explosion effect.

The top half has a sandstone lined garden with carrots and potatoes.

The bottom of the second section is more of the abandoned mine, this time with mine-cart tracks .

The top half has a typical village house with two windows.

The third section has more mine with tracks and TNT.

It also features another removable wall piece for TNT detonation effect.

The top of the third section features a larger house.

The final section has more of the same abandoned mine.

The top is more interesting with the foot of a mountain in a snowy biome.

All four sections separated.

Put together with micromobs.

The extra pieces.

Conclusion:

DESIGN 9/10 - This set has many easily identifiable elements from the game and nicely puts them into one small set. The four sections can be easily taken apart and rearranged for a different look.

BUILD 8/10 - Basic building techniques are used, but it's a fairly solid set. It can be a little difficult to get all the tiles perfectly straight if you want your set to look good.

FIGURES 9/10 - I'm very glad that the mobs have printed faces :) And since all the printed parts have extras it's easy to make more figures for your village.

PLAYABILITY 7/10 - This set looks like it was mostly designed as a display set, it's only play features are the removable wall pieces and the fact that you can rearrange the four sections how you like.

PARTS 9/10 - Lots of small parts, including dark green and dark tan 1x1 tiles.

PRICE 8/10 - 466 pieces for $35 comes out to about 7.5 cents per part, which is not too bad even considering all the small pieces.

OVERALL 8.3/10 - If you're a fan of Minecraft and LEGO this set is a must buy! If you need lots of dark green and dark tan then you won't find a better away to get them than in this set. But if you want something with to play with you might be better off playing the game ;-)

brickz
Knight
Knight

Re: [REVIEW] 21105 Minecraft Micro World: The Village

Post by brickz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Not into Minecraft, but looks like good price for pieces.