Funcom's Minifigures Online

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Funcom's Minifigures Online

Post by The-Daryl » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Releases Summer 2014. Looks sorta interesting. There's a couple of trailers up.

http://www.playminifigures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You seem to be able to log in with your Lego ID (or create a new account) and then earn "experience" by exploring the site to get levels. Hitting level 30 is supposed to unlock a special, in game, figure.

You can also sign up for the beta if interested.

yeti79
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Funcom's Minifigures Online

Post by yeti79 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:45 am

I signed up for the beta a while back hope I get to try it out

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:49 am

yeti79 wrote:I signed up for the beta a while back hope I get to try it out
Ditto, I'm betting I want to much from this game though. It will probably be very easy and targeted at young kids so it ends up not being much fun for an adult..

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:56 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
yeti79 wrote:I signed up for the beta a while back hope I get to try it out
Ditto, I'm betting I want to much from this game though. It will probably be very easy and targeted at young kids so it ends up not being much fun for an adult..
You are probably right... Although, I've actually enjoyed the LEGO video games for years (even while I was in my "Dark Ages") and those are a tad on the "easy" side... So hopefully it's at least enjoyable for adults, too.

On another subject, I can only get to level 11 on the website, and haven't any more stars (experience) for weeks!

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:17 am

The-Daryl wrote:
You are probably right... Although, I've actually enjoyed the LEGO video games for years (even while I was in my "Dark Ages") and those are a tad on the "easy" side... So hopefully it's at least enjoyable for adults, too.

On another subject, I can only get to level 11 on the website, and haven't any more stars (experience) for weeks!
I've been stuck at 11 for weeks now too.

I also enjoy the Lego console games, but I have lower expectations going in with those. A MMO has to have constant content updates in order to keep up with the player base. I wouldn't be surprised if after a month or 2 most people have gathered all the available minifigures and have all of the useful ones maxed out as far as possible upgrades. At that point game play get stagnant when there isn't anything left to accomplish until the next content update. I've seen it happen in multiple games before...and this is a game targeted at young kids so I expect this kind of thing to be even more prevalent. It can be difficult for development teams to handle games that don't have a set end point.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:32 am

Another good point about limited content in online games!

I still play SWTOR; when it launched I was getting in maybe 20-30 hours a week (every spare moment, basically) but these days I get on a few hours a week *tops*. For folks that devour content, no MMO will have enough, and certainly not one aimed at younger players. For those of us that only have a few spare minutes here and there, though, it might be fun. So I am remaining cautiously optimistic!

Good to know 11 is just the "cap" or whatever for now. At least I can stop fretting about it :)

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed May 28, 2014 4:46 pm

I came across an advertisement for the game with some new gameplay footage I hadn't seen before. Looks like it will be fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff_PIhCIvDw

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:57 am

I received an invite to the last session of closed beta apparently just before it went open beta. It's PC-only for now, though, so I'll have to wait until they release the Mac version. Too bad.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:20 pm

vynsane wrote:I received an invite to the last session of closed beta apparently just before it went open beta. It's PC-only for now, though, so I'll have to wait until they release the Mac version. Too bad.
I got that too. It is in open beta now. Is there a Mac version planned? I only played it for a few minutes and got a bit bored. I'm not a fan of the click to move format diablo style. I'll try to play it again and give it more of a chance one of these days.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:11 am

Apparently there is a Mac version planned. At least the email I received (and only read in-depth after trying to install on my Mac) hinted at that.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Kidzilla Gaming
I'm New !

LEGO Minifigures Online Gameplay

Post by Kidzilla Gaming » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:12 pm

I decided to check out LEGO Minifigures Online, and it was actually pretty fun. I can imagine a lot of kids and some adults having fun with this new game.