Favorite Theme of 2017!

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Favorite Theme of 2017!

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:29 am

So it's the end of the year; what was everyones (all 5 people who still use this forum) favorite theme of the year?

Mine are all non-license ones. NinjaGo, NinjaGo Movie, Friends and Elves. Elves are just amazing and I don't think they would ever look as well with minifigures. (Even though I rather have figures than dolls). Friends is pretty much the new City as Creator is getting a little lame.

But my favorite would be NinjaGo. The first half sets I love red baddies with awesome armor. However the Movie sets are just perfect. A great mix of buildings and scenes with vehicles that are well designed and built. Original in design with a huge amount of awesome minifigures. It's probably the best theme LEGO has done in years (not that that says much.). Plus they were really well priced and I got a bunch of them for 40% off. :)

Shannon510
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Favorite Theme of 2017!

Post by Shannon510 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:35 am

To me the my favorite sets from this past year all come from the Lego Batman Movie. And it looks like it will continue into 2018 as I have already picked up the Egghead Mech and totally love it. With the CMF releases and the number of sets available there is just such diversity in characters.

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Yeah, the movie sets are pretty great. There's a few I wish they would make the same size as the movie (I know that would be crazy expensive) maybe one or 2 from each movie in a UCS scale. I still might buy Coles quake mech though.

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:20 pm

This past year I really liked the city/jungle sets-mainly for the animals. I like the flytrap (I think it snaps shut with a rubber band), the leopards and the ants. Of course the rest of the sets are cool too but those I would like to get next.

Jared