Lego Pirates of the Caribbean set 2017 (SPOILERS)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean set 2017 (SPOILERS)

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:12 am

(Image found in the Shanghai Lego March Calendar, found by CM4sci on reddit)
:eek:

This is what I see just from looking closely at the blurry awesomeness which is the preview for the new PotC ship.

- There is some sort of rowboat at the bottom right hand side of the box image.
- There are grey spots near the rowboat, which I'm going to say are the Ghost/Zombie sharks that are in the movie. (shown below)
(From Delta Customs on Instagram)

-Looks like maybe 10 figures in the set ( most likely will include: Jack Sparrow, Captain Salazar, Will Turner, Henry, Carina Smyth, Barbossa, and probably a couple ghost pirates and British soldiers)
- I can make out only one mast from the picture, which is a little odd.
- I can tell you for a fact that it's not the Black Pearl (because since when has the Black Pearl been brown) and I don't see it being the Flying Dutchman, unless some how all the algae and seaweed fell off. As stated before it's probably one of the ships from the new movie.

-some people on other forums have said it kind of looks like a shipwreck. I truly hope it's not a shipwreck. Because we really need another ship, we're all suffering a lack of pirate ship withdrawal.

Tell me what you guys think. I'm dying to see an actual picture released.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean set 2017 (SPOILERS)

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 am

I was wondering if you saw this. The ship looks very very odd, it's not laying flat on the water by the looks of it, it looks weirdly tilted. I have a feeling this will be some odd flying boat and Pirate fans will be disappointed.

However that shark is too cut! :)

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:26 am

Brick & Blue wrote:I was wondering if you saw this. The ship looks very very odd, it's not laying flat on the water by the looks of it, it looks weirdly tilted. I have a feeling this will be some odd flying boat and Pirate fans will be disappointed.

A flying ship :lol: . I sure hope not, is PotC becoming Peter Pan now?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:27 am

askthelegoguy wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:I was wondering if you saw this. The ship looks very very odd, it's not laying flat on the water by the looks of it, it looks weirdly tilted. I have a feeling this will be some odd flying boat and Pirate fans will be disappointed.

A flying ship :lol: . I sure hope not, is PotC becoming Peter Pan now?
PotC would be glad if it were half as good as Peter Pan. :lol:

But it really doesn't look like a true pirate ship o me and that makes me sad. I knew I should have bought the last Pirate theme pirate ship in 2015 for 30% off.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Looks like a ship being bend in half. Kraken attack set?

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:23 pm

dr_spock wrote:Looks like a ship being bend in half. Kraken attack set?
That's a cool idea. When I first read what you said, I thought to myself nah, that's not possible, then I gave it some more thought. The kraken died in World's End, but if we think about it, it could be a zombie kraken which is insane/awesome at the same time.

Because of this I have come to a conclusion. I think the set has a huge play element. The ship can split in two and then for displaying purposes you can stick it back together. If you look closely there are 1 or 2 black lines going across the ship. One may make the argument saying that it's not the kraken because the kraken was a dark reddish color. But all that is overridden when we remember that the kraken is a zombie, so it is probably a darker color. Plus all this would as you said explain the bend in the ship.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Do you guys think this will be at the London Toy Fair?

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:26 am

Thinking Jack's new ship...'The Dying Gull"

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:29 am

askthelegoguy wrote:Do you guys think this will be at the London Toy Fair?
No. But even if it was no one is allowed in this year, which is silly being it will probably be shown at NYC toy fair in 3 weeks or even in Germany next week. But toy fairs are for shop owners to see what sets they want to sell, and this set is a LEGO exclusive so there is no point in showing it off.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 am

No. But even if it was no one is allowed in this year, which is silly being it will probably be shown at NYC toy fair in 3 weeks or even in Germany next week. But toy fairs are for shop owners to see what sets they want to sell, and this set is a LEGO exclusive so there is no point in showing it off.
That's a fair point, so I still have to keep waiting don't I. Unless, Lego is letting stores like Toysrus and Target sell it, maybe because of that we'll see it at one of the toy fairs (fingers crossed).

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:30 am

winbrant wrote:Thinking Jack's new ship...'The Dying Gull"
Winbrant, it is very possible that it's The Dying Gull, I've seen pictures of the actual ship from the film, and it may very well be the same set. But keep in mind I'm coming to this conclusion from just looking at this blurry picture.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:14 am

LEGO does not normally show exclusives at Toy Fairs for the stores, Target and TRU don't care because it's more to convince stores to have a large section for LEGO on their shelves. 99% of Target stores will never carry it, it will be an online item. However in years past what LEGO does is they have their stands set up and on the day before or the last of the fair to drum up more press they show off a new set. What is interesting is this is the first time in awhile that we get a one off LEGO set that isn't based on a theme. Even the Disney Castle has the CMF and mini-doll themes.

I'm sure we will see it within the next few weeks, just not at London (which we won't get pictures of anyways.) Sometime between Feb 1-21st it will be shown, it has to be. :lol: My guess it will be Feb 17-22 at NYC. Germany usually gets the first look at a CMF series and NYC does an exclusive something reveal.

Having stared at that picture you could tell me it was a space ship shaped like a dolphin and I would believe you. :)

biglesdug
Peasant
Peasant

Post by biglesdug » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:11 pm

dr_spock wrote:Looks like a ship being bend in half. Kraken attack set?
It does look like a ship being broken in half, possibly.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:13 pm

This set is going to be unbelievably cluttered now that i'm thinking about it. It's a play set, not just a ship. It'll not just be the ship it'll have the rowboat, sharks, kraken, and probably some sort of island. (Only guessing here)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:34 pm

I'd bet money there is no island. Main boat, monster, small row boat, shark, sure, but I doubt there will be an island.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:I'd bet money there is no island. Main boat, monster, small row boat, shark, sure, but I doubt there will be an island.
I had doubts myself after I said an island. You're right, I'm making up the island, I don't even see it in the picture.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:58 am

I was forced to sit through the trailer for this movie the other night and man, I have zero interest. I just had to wonder, are there are any supernatural beings that Jack Sparrow hasn't rubbed the wrong way? If this set is an actual ship that would be great, but, time will tell.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:24 am

hatcher wrote:I was forced to sit through the trailer for this movie the other night and man, I have zero interest. I just had to wonder, are there are any supernatural beings that Jack Sparrow hasn't rubbed the wrong way? If this set is an actual ship that would be great, but, time will tell.
Jack Sparrow is the type of guy who has pissed everyone off at some point. :lol:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:35 am

This is pure speculation but I think we are getting two Brickheads (I refuse to spell it with a z) of PotC. There are the 8 Super Hero Ones, two mystery ones that will be show in NYC probably on February 17th, and the two Beauty and the Beast. I can't think of another theme that LEGO has that they will be showing off for series 1 of Brickheads.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:44 am

Brick & Blue wrote:This is pure speculation but I think we are getting two Brickheads (I refuse to spell it with a z) of PotC. There are the 8 Super Hero Ones, two mystery ones that will be show in NYC probably on February 17th, and the two Beauty and the Beast. I can't think of another theme that LEGO has that they will be showing off for series 1 of Brickheads.
Even if they are PotC figures, I still will probably not like those sets. :lol: