Lego Pirates of the Caribbean set 2017 (SPOILERS)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean set 2017 (SPOILERS)

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:50 am

askthelegoguy wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:This is pure speculation but I think we are getting two Brickheads (I refuse to spell it with a z) of PotC. There are the 8 Super Hero Ones, two mystery ones that will be show in NYC probably on February 17th, and the two Beauty and the Beast. I can't think of another theme that LEGO has that they will be showing off for series 1 of Brickheads.
Even if they are PotC figures, I still will probably not like those sets. :lol:
Yeah, I'm find of annoyed with Lego, all they did was copy someone else but make them out of bricks. The design is clearly a ripoff of the Pop dolls. I wish they made the figures look like bigger mnifigures made from brick, that would be neat to me. :-D

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:33 am

Brick & Blue wrote:Yeah, I'm find of annoyed with Lego, all they did was copy someone else but make them out of bricks. The design is clearly a ripoff of the Pop dolls. I wish they made the figures look like bigger mnifigures made from brick, that would be neat to me. :-D
That's actually a really cool idea. Lego's just foolish, they should just hire people like us we'd make them millions more.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:35 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:Yeah, I'm find of annoyed with Lego, all they did was copy someone else but make them out of bricks. The design is clearly a ripoff of the Pop dolls. I wish they made the figures look like bigger mnifigures made from brick, that would be neat to me. :-D
That's actually a really cool idea. Lego's just foolish, they should just hire people like us we'd make them millions more.
They took the cheap way out and will make millions anyways. It's why I find it annoying when LEGO cultist... I mean fans defend everything LEGO does. They stole the LEGO brick idea 60-70 years ago from Kiddicraft, they steal ideas from Ideas, they steal this from Pop.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:33 pm

"Good artists copy; great artists steal."

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:58 am

I would like to speculatively say that I do not believe the ship is split in two, like we thought before. It is leaning into a whirlpool or some sort or break in the water, which gives us a warped perspective in the image.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Given the upward bend of the blurry leaked image, it appears to be Salazar's "skeleton" ship from yesterday's Superbowl commercial:

https://youtu.be/n4YWqU9HHOw?t=26s

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:34 pm

I think the ship with the off-white sails we saw at the beginning of the first trailer is what the ghost ship looked like before it became the ghost ship. Because of this, I think the movie may have flashbacks to the past. And Morgan19, if it's like you say it is, then they may have features that let you go back and forth between the two versions with a few changes in pieces.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:01 am

It's got to be the ghost ship because of the shark, and the fact that ship doesn't have any sails which it looks like the blurry picture has barely any sails too.

Would be very cool if you can switch it up, we'll find out in about 10 days. (Hopefully)

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:33 am

Brick & Blue wrote:It's got to be the ghost ship because of the shark, and the fact that ship doesn't have any sails which it looks like the blurry picture has barely any sails too.

Would be very cool if you can switch it up, we'll find out in about 10 days. (Hopefully)
I can't wait anymore :crazy:

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Here is a new picture of the zombie shark from the PotC ship set. Not sure that it reveals more than what we saw in the first picture, but I saw it so I said I would share it.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:29 am

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:34 am

Is that supposed to impress ANYONE? Really, what is the point of that? Pirate fans won't like it, there are no other sets in the theme, it seems completely useless to me.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:27 am

AND...... I'm out. Nuff Said.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:31 am

It will come to a shock to everyone on this site, but I am very underwhelmed.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:39 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:It will come to a shock to everyone on this site, but I am very underwhelmed.
Well I think you were working yourself up so much much you couldn't be anything but underwhelmed. :lol:

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:Is that supposed to impress ANYONE? Really, what is the point of that? Pirate fans won't like it, there are no other sets in the theme, it seems completely useless to me.
The target market could be people who have seen the movie and want a LEGO version of the ship or completist PoTC LEGO collectors. ;-)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:10 am

dr_spock wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:Is that supposed to impress ANYONE? Really, what is the point of that? Pirate fans won't like it, there are no other sets in the theme, it seems completely useless to me.
The target market could be people who have seen the movie and want a LEGO version of the ship or completist PoTC LEGO collectors. ;-)
But there will be more than one ship in the movie. They couldn't make a real ship?

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:39 am

Brick & Blue wrote:
But there will be more than one ship in the movie. They couldn't make a real ship?
Yeah, there are supposed to be 6 or so ships in the movie. Why did they chose the sketetal Silent Mary?

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Why aren't the ghost sharks in the official images released by Lego? And they weren't at the New York Toy Fair in the plexiglass case. Does that mean that there is another set? Maybe a nicer ship? Is there still hope? :-D

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:11 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:Does that mean that there is another set? Maybe a nicer ship? Is there still hope? :-D
]
Nope. Not going to happen. None at all. :-D