Blast from the Past: LEGO Blacktron 2 (Future Generation)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
NicksBrickBuilds
I'm New !

Blast from the Past: LEGO Blacktron 2 (Future Generation)

Post by NicksBrickBuilds » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Hey everyone, so yesterday as I was transferring some video from my camera to my computer, I got a bit antsy and put together the Aerial Intruder from the old Blacktron 2 theme. I found part of the instructions in my collection - so I went to bricklink and parted out the set and put it aside to ultimately piece together. I've done this with other sets, but the others I need to make an order to complete the set because of a few missing parts. However for this set I had all of the piece in my collection!
21551772_2081066818788028_7506659306384403909_o.jpg
After building a lot of new sets over the past months, it was nice to return to a classic set (for me). Even though the set comes in at under 300 pieces - it's pretty large (thanks to some larger pieces). Surprisingly there's a lot of functionality to this set, that with a some good old imagination and I think kids today would still get a kick of the set. Yeah there's no stud shooters, or crazy gimmicky features. The construction is about 99% studs up built with the only studs on the side construction coming from a large 2x2x4 brick with studs on the top and sides allowing different directions of building.

I'm going to ultimately do a video for this set and upload it to my YouTube Channel, and run through everything...but I wanted to share this with everyone and possibly get a discussion going on these older sets! Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.