LEGO Simpsons 71009 Series 2 Minifigures Official Images

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Simpsons 71009 Series 2 Minifigures Official Images

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:09 am

LEGO has revealed some official image for the upcoming Simpsons LEGO Series 2 Minifigures. We get the original characters of Homer, Bart, Marge, Maggie and Lisa but with alternative clothing styles compared to Series 1. In addition, we also get a few new characters as well. Thanks to Brickset for also providing additional images.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-simpsons-71 ... al-images/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: LEGO Simpsons 71009 Series 2 Minifigures Official Images

Post by hatcher » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:23 am

While I was MEH about the first batch, these have that "I GOTTA HAVE IT" vibe to them. All except Comic Book Guy. To paraphrase "WORST. MINIFIG. EVER!" Just like Chief Wiggum, his head is that of an obese man, yet his body is that of a regular person. Looks ridiculous. I would have preferred Principal Skinner. And I would have preferred Disco Stu or Duff Man to Martin. The lack of Barnie, Moe, Carl and Lenny leads me to believe that a Moe's Tavern is coming some day. I will need multiple Fallout Boy figures.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:23 am

They must be saving the principle for Series 3.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:14 am

Another series to skip

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:23 am

minifigW wrote:Another series to skip
No one who had seen the Itchy and Scratchy movie would say that! (Any excuse to throw in a Simpson's quote)

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:30 am

hatcher wrote:
minifigW wrote:Another series to skip
No one who had seen the Itchy and Scratchy movie would say that! (Any excuse to throw in a Simpson's quote)
I just think that the series isn't adaptive, what kid or person is going to use the heads and hair for anything?? (Admitly the arms are good for something's) It doesn't really belong in the lego "world" in my point of view, it seems like something mega blocks would make, not truly lego.

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:35 pm

minifigW wrote:I just think that the series isn't adaptive, what kid or person is going to use the heads and hair for anything?? (Admitly the arms are good for something's) It doesn't really belong in the lego "world" in my point of view, it seems like something mega blocks would make, not truly lego.
I totally get your point. (And agree with you. I said the same thing about the first series) This is a series you buy one of and that's it. You can't army Maggie. And how many Martin's do you really need? The heads are one use for sure. Some of the Torsos and legs might be useful, but the heads are a total waste for MOCcing. However, if you are a Simpsons fan, these are nice figs.
Last edited by hatcher on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:06 pm

what was the last set? $5 a minifig?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:06 pm

slacker wrote:what was the last set? $5 a minifig?
Same as the other CMF from other series.. $3.99

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:22 pm

... I really wanted to see Otto (bus driver). I agree with most of you... the heads are so useless for MOC's. Bartman and his sidekick (House Boy right?) are a maybe for me. I'm really starting to hate the little cloth dresses/skirts and this series has 5 of them. I would prefer they be printed on the legs. Why couldn't they make a "belly" for The Comicbook Guy like they did with Bombur from the Hobbit theme?
I do like Professor Frink. I like the torso and the lab coat that continues down to the legs. His legs and torso would be great for a Bill Nye the Science guy minifig :)

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:57 pm

I'll get these, but I'll probably skip Homer & Marge. I've got them in the 1st series & then they'll be in the Kwik-E-Mart. There's nothing special about those two in the CMF series 2. I'm not a fan of the cloth dresses, because I don't like the way the skirts lay on the LEGO legs.

pro_zach
Peasant
Peasant

Post by pro_zach » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:22 pm

Ack...between these and the Kwik-E-Mart, it looks like my Lego spending is gonna see a huge spike in the coming months.

I agree that Comic Book Guy does look pretty bad being so thin. Also, I think "Groundskeeper" Willie should have a rake, not a plunger. Would've been nice to see Maggie with her star-shaped snowsuit outfit/body. Nevertheless, there are 10 new unique head molds, and it'll be good to finally have the cat and dog that were sadly absent from the house.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Love this series. Got the first series "just because" but this set is fantastic.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:11 pm

I don't watch the simpsons. So i really don't care about this series or the first one. I was actually hoping that they were going to do a scooby doo series with the different villians and stuff. Which would have been fun to have some new monster type figures. The figures are just plain and boring without a bunch of accessories most of it is just a printed 2 x 2 tile. I feel like they should be in different sets. I like the other series they make, where you get a bunch of different themed characters. Like everyone comments above, the figures are just to themselves, they can't be used with other lego items. I do have to say though, I like the slingshot.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:48 pm

This series looks better than the last one... One expensive Lego year coming up..between the scooby sets, Star Wars, jurassic park and the kwik mart.

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:25 pm

This set is disappointing to me because of the repeating Simpsons family figures.
I don't care much for the Sunday best outfits. They could've add new figures instead of more Lisa, Marge and Homer etc.
The new characters: Patty and Selma are awesome but Prof. Frink & Hans Moleman? C'mon, those should've been Sideshow Bob and Principal Skinner or even Bleeding Gum Murphy.