75828 LEGO Ghostbusters Ecto-1&2 Official Pictures

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

75828 LEGO Ghostbusters Ecto-1&2 Official Pictures

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:01 pm

LEGO has revealed the upcoming LEGO Ghostbusters set! 75828 LEGO Ghostbusters Ecto-1&2 is the next Ghostbusters set and will include 6 minifigures. The current existing LEGO 21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 is priced at $49.99 USD so this new Ecto 1&2 set should be priced at a similar level.

LEGO 75828 Ghostbusters Ecto-1&2 will be released this summer. What do you think of this next upcoming LEGO Ghostbusters set?

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/75828-lego-ghost ... -pictures/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: 75828 LEGO Ghostbusters Ecto-1&2 Official Pictures

Post by Richard J. » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:13 pm

This actually looks better than some of the stills I've seen for the movie. :think: Given the demonic design for the that one minifig, I guess the movie is going for a more hellish scenario than the previous ones?

Looks good overall. The sleeker Ecto-1 is a bit less impressive than the original but not bad. Ecto-2 seems a bit underwhelming. The minifigs overall look nice with the exception of the demon. Compared to the ghost figs for the firehouse, he seems a bit meh.

Also, interested to know who that other guy is. Does it say "Kevin" on the nametag? Haven't heard about that character before.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:23 am

Pretty sure Kevin is the male receptionist (the Janine character from the original) of the Ghostbusters being played by Chris Hemsworth (Thor).
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Not shown here but on brickshows vid they show an alternate headprint on Kevin with red eyes. I wonder if the demon possesses him at some point, or if he has supernatural powers

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:26 pm

hatcher wrote:Pretty sure Kevin is the male receptionist (the Janine character from the original) of the Ghostbusters being played by Chris Hemsworth (Thor).
Thanks for that info!

I haven't been actively keeping track of developments with the new movie and until now everything I'd read about it was strictly about the four new ghostbusters themselves. Interesting casting choice with Hemsworth.

So they really are going for a total gender reversal? Yeesh, I hope the movie's script writers don't cram a bunch of PC gender politics into the movie. Being lectured by a movie that supposed to be a comedy about busting ghosts is not my idea of a fun time. :lol:no