LEGO BrickHeadz Marvel & DC Comics - SDCC 2016

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO BrickHeadz Marvel & DC Comics - SDCC 2016

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:48 am

During the San Diego Comic Con 2016, LEGO will be giving away four of the new LEGO DC Comics and Marvel Super Heroes BrickHeadz. A different one will be given out each day. These new LEGO BrickHeadz sets will be exclusive to the San Diego Comic Con 2016. However, new LEGO BrickHeadz waves will be available beginning 2017. Thanks to Jose for writing in with the news.

LEGO SDCC 2016 BrickHeadz Superman and Wonder Woman

LEGO SDCC 2016 BrickHeadz Doctor Strange and Black Panther

LEGO SDCC 2016 BrickHeadz Batman and Joker

LEGO SDCC 2016 BrickHeadz Captain America and Ironman

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-brickheadz- ... sdcc-2016/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Lego9V
Peasant
Peasant

Re: LEGO BrickHeadz Marvel & DC Comics - SDCC 2016

Post by Lego9V » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:16 pm

Just an FYI... The Brickheadz sets will not be given away but rather sold at $40.00 per set (of two).

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:44 pm

I truly love the idea of "creative" builds that don't require minifigures. Please understand I love minifigures. Umm... I'm addicted to collecting them. My house is full of them. I like that these are made a non-minifigure scale. I feel the same way about the Adventure Time Ideas set. I think that things like the Brickheadz, Adventure Time Ideas set, and even the Wall-e set encourage and inspire young ones (AFOLs actually too, I guess) to build in different ways and at different scales.

That being said I'm not sure that I would pay $40 for one of the these (assuming they are a set of two characters). With the exception of the few printed parts I'm guessing that I could create them myself with parts that I already have.

And these include zero minifigures...
Its sad that we somewhat equate/consider the number of minifigures in sets (also the cost for new molds and new printed parts and piece count) when we ponder the value of a set isn't it? Here I am saying that I love collecting minifigures... but also love seeing sets being made that are not minifigure scale (to encourage creative building)... but I also criticize costs of sets that don't involve minifigures? What a mess.

Thanks for allowing me to rant/ramble.

They do look fun. I'm sure even at $40 the few people that get them will either cherish them or sell them for well over $40. I'm curious if the same ones will be available to the public in the future... or if they will be completely different characters (or slight variants)... and at what price.
Last edited by StClair on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:49 pm

I even like Jokers huge red mouth. They are a playful take on the characters. They somewhat remind me of the claymation DC Nation Shorts (here's one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKzH_PODa0 ). I know they don't look at all like the claymation characters but the "cute/big head/chibi/funko pop" depiction is playful.

Superherojer
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Superherojer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:20 am

They're a cool idea but just Lego's version of Funko Pop Vinyls.