Lykan Hypersport

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
loxlego
Peasant
Peasant

Lykan Hypersport

Post by loxlego » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:29 pm

I am pleased to announce my most complicated and rewarding build, the Lykan Hypersport.

https://youtu.be/f9HJfX3wREw

The lego car blog: https://thelegocarblog.com/2017/02/16/y ... clusivity/ 

ImageLykan Hypersport by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

It all started with framework. I had to design it so it wouldn't have any motors in the back or the front of the wheels. Most of my previous builds have been too large in those areas, so I tried create more room with this build. This is a really early version of the framework.. a lot has been changed for the final version 
ImageLykan Hypersport- mixed album by lachlan cameron, on Flickr
Some of my main goals for this build were to create as many realistic functions possible to the real car while maintaining a cosmetically appealing bodywork.
ImageLykan Hypersport- Red Supercar by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

The curves and features on this car are par to none in regards to bodywork difficulty and functions. It all began with the framework and a 4 speed manual transmission.
ImageLykan Hypersport - 3.4 million $ Supercar by lachlan cameron, on Flickr
Once the ground work was laid out, it was time for the functions. I absolutely had to motorize the Lykan doors, to the same extent of the real car.
ImageTop secret new build.... by lachlan cameron, on Flickr
This beast has working lights, servo for steering, 2xl motors for drive, 1 m-motor for doors, 1 m-motor for rear wing, working twin turbo Flat 6 with fan. The front hood has an original latch system I designed to open the same amount as the real car. The rear engine cover was designed to have similar appearance to the real car and I found the grey flags to have the right shape and size.
ImageTop secret 3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr
ImageLykan Hypersport- Red Supercar by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Re: Lykan Hypersport

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm jealous, I wish I were that good with Technic. Great job! :clap:

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Lykan Hypersport