Unique New LEGO Sets for June 2014

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Unique New LEGO Sets for June 2014

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Aside from the regular new theme releases like Friends Series 5 Pets, Agents, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ninjago, Technic, City Artic & Trains, there's also a bunch of other new unique products at LEGO Shop at Home. Until June 15, 2014 (or June 30th for Europe/UK), you can also get a free exclusive 40108 LEGO Balloon Cart Polybag when you spend $75/£50. The set goes great with the new Fairground Mixer exclusive set.

40112 Friends Model Catwalk

$14.99 US / $17.99 Canada / £10.99 UK
This set can apparently even hold onto your cellphone. There's a stand at the back which fits perfectly for playing music!

31026 Bike Shop & Cafe

$89.99 US / $109.99 Canada / £64.99 UK
If your looking for a smaller alternative to modular buildings, this set may just be for you! With plenty of details, this is one of the better Creator sets that was released this year

2000414 Serious Play Starter Kit

$36.99 US  / $36.99 Canada / £23.99 UK
One of the new products LEGO has to offer, this set features a random selection of pieces. A perfect gift for people new to LEGO or just about any LEGO fan!

5002916 THE LEGO MOVIE Unikitty Key Light

$13.99 US / $16.99 Canada / £7.99 UK
There's a variety of these new lights ranging from headlamps and keychains and you can choose from Super Man, Batman or Cat woman

40118 Buildable Brick Box 2x2

$16.99 US / $19.99 Canada / £12.99 UK
Perfect for storing little items and accessories. There's even a little minifigure doing a painting!

Of course, there are also lots of new LEGO product collections ranging from Creator, City Arctic, Technic and Minecraft. Unfortunately, there's not much incentives to get them as you don't really get any discount. Hopefully as time passes, LEGO will add a freebie into these collections like they did when they added a watch for some of the older LEGO Star Wars bundles.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/unique-new-lego- ... june-2014/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Unique New LEGO Sets for June 2014

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:43 am

The Serious Play Starter Kit looks interesting, but $37 for 214 pieces is pretty steep when you don't know what you're getting.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:13 am

Yeah, "take our leftovers for more than we charge for kits" seems more than a little grasping. Darn but I miss the $20.00 for 1000 piece tub. Glad I bought a great deal of them, and makes me wish I bought more. Makes more sense nowadays to buy a kit, nearly any kit, for 40% off and come out ahead over bulk brick at retail.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:32 am

If you look at the zoomed-in pic of the "Serious Play" set, the pieces are vastly more varied and specialized than they are in your average brick tubs, which are generally a lot of standard 1x and 2x bricks in primary colors. The price may still be a little out of line, but you can hardly equate it to the bulk brick sets.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:14 am

Isn't that set part of the existing serious play program? I suppose they are trying to make the sets more widely available now.

http://www.seriousplay.com/19609/2000414

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:19 pm

There are way too many lego sets to keep track of any more and what is worse, I like almost all of them.

Super heroes (DC and Marvel), Star Wars, Castle, Arctic, Hobbit/LOTR, Chima and Ninjago, TMNT, Exclusives, Agents, Collectible Minifigures :crazy:

I don't even know if I will be able to grab the sets I want before they all retire.

I wish the bundles actually discounted the items by 10% or something. Why would I want to spend retail to buy all four of the new Marvel sets, when I can buy them individually.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:22 pm

mattlee1965 wrote:There are way too many lego sets to keep track of any more and what is worse, I like almost all of them.

Super heroes (DC and Marvel), Star Wars, Castle, Arctic, Hobbit/LOTR, Chima and Ninjago, TMNT, Exclusives, Agents, Collectible Minifigures :crazy:

I don't even know if I will be able to grab the sets I want before they all retire.

I wish the bundles actually discounted the items by 10% or something. Why would I want to spend retail to buy all four of the new Marvel sets, when I can buy them individually.
:-D I couldn't agree more. There are more and more themes and products being released... and I like almost all of them. When I first started buying LEGO again as an adult I just bought whatever looked good and then I realized that I needed to be more choosy with my selections.

I keep looking at bundle prices and still haven't figured out why someone would buy the bundle either. I think some make the mistake of thinking they are getting a deal. I too prefer to wait and buy them individually bc I usually don't buy all of them AND I try to wait and find them on sale or discounted whenever possible.

I am glad that there are currently so many different themes but it does make it hard to budget ;-)