Target Closing All Stores in Canada

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Tessa
I'm New !

Re: Target Closing All Stores in Canada

Post by Tessa » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:29 pm

I agree! My family, especially my two sons, LOVE Lego so I would love to buy some discounted Lego for them to put away for birthdays and next Christmas. As we all know, Lego is expensive so if I can get some bigger sets that I wouldn't usually splurge for my kids would be so excited. I've been checking my Target every couple of days because I know when they do mark it down someone is going to buy it quick!

znarf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by znarf » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:13 am

I've been stopping into my local Target (Halifax) every couple of days since the announcement (which only had well under half of the shelf space or less stocked) and today I noticed that they had received enough new stock to fill all the shelves! Although there were no mark-downs except for a few small sets which seemed to be on at a regular weekly sale price

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:27 am

Article I read recently said that Target Canada will be presenting a liquidation plan to a judge this week, and if approved, they could start liquidating as early as Thursday. However, there are no plans for advertised liquidation sales so it will totally be YMMV. And as we've all been finding, they don't have a lot of stuff to liquidate anyway so good hunting. If you find anything, let us know.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

znarf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by znarf » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:13 am

"It’s the news many shoppers have been waiting for: Target Canada liquidation sales are set to hit all stores this Thursday, according to internal company emails obtained by CBC News."

"She also calls for "all [cashier] lanes open through the weekend and all hands on deck," plus swift unloading of new cargo, and notes trucks will arrive more often, packed with products: "We need to work the trucks and empty them every day.""

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/target- ... ign=buffer

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:08 am

Today is the day. However, expect to be disappointed. The sales are "UP TO 30% off". I was at Target last night (Barrie, On) and all the price scanners had been removed from the walls. (WTH?) And there were like only 5 employees visible in the whole store. They appeared to be figuring out what discount to apply to each section. I overheard one of them saying "So house wears is 10%".

I also read that they are having trouble getting people to come in to work as they know they are losing their jobs in a couple of months (if not sooner) and the management is starting to worry that they won't be able to get the stock that is coming in (as they empty their warehouses) so it can be sold.

There wasn't much LEGO in the Barrie store, almost no Friends, very little Super Hero, mostly older Star Wars, Lego Movie and City stuff. No 2015 sets. Let us know if you manage to score anything.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Tessa
I'm New !

Post by Tessa » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:12 am

Just got home from my Target in Maple Ridge, B.C......only 10-30% off. Mostly 10%. Lego is 20% off but you can find that quite often at ToysRus.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Confirmed that lego is only 20% off for now in Ontario stores.
the east York store had the 2014 small battlepacks, jedi scout fighter, mos eisley, droid gunship, droid tri fighter, some guardians of the galaxy, and bunch of one off sets from agents, minecraft, tmnt.

malteselegacy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by malteselegacy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Lego now 50% off. Found The Phantom and some Battle backs.