New LEGO Shop at Home Website - Updated Look for September 2016

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

New LEGO Shop at Home Website - Updated Look for September 2016

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:30 am

LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | Europe/UK) has been advertising that they will be getting a new and updated website soon and as of today, their website has changed. The website is now easily accessible through your phone, tablet and computer.

Until September 20th,LEGO Shop at Home European countries have a special discount offer as well.  You can find out more on their "explore now" new site link.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/new-lego-shop-at ... mber-2016/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: New LEGO Shop at Home Website - Updated Look for Septemb

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:33 pm

The old site just started working properly this year after YEARS of slowness and just not loading. So they 'upgraded' to this mess? I can't believe how awful the site is now. You can't find anything ,and when you do it takes even more clicks. PaB is unusable trash now. Whomever designed the website should be fired ASAP and then sued to get the money they paid them.

I can't find a single thing that I think makes the site better. It doesn't look better, it doesn't work better and it doesn't work easier. Fail LEGO, fail.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:55 pm

I think they did away with Adobe Flash. No longer I get a warning in Firefox. It seems to crash my iPad Safari. I don't shop on my iPad but it would have been nice to browse without booting up the PC.

ohiobricker
I'm New !

Post by ohiobricker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:00 am

Whenever a website "upgrades" people tend to grumble about it. Usually, you get used to it and forget about the whole transition. I've yet to fully explore the site, but I did check out the Pick a Brick section and it is awfully cumbersome now.
Could this be a part of LEGO's effort to reduce sales so they can catch up on demand?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:51 am

ohiobricker wrote:Whenever a website "upgrades" people tend to grumble about it. Usually, you get used to it and forget about the whole transition. I've yet to fully explore the site, but I did check out the Pick a Brick section and it is awfully cumbersome now.
Could this be a part of LEGO's effort to reduce sales so they can catch up on demand?
I agree with the first part, I normally don't like new things because I have gotten used to knowing exactly how the site works. I think that's human nature.

But like you said, the pick-a-brick is a mess. I still haven't found the daily sale leaders. I really don't understand why it looks like a 4 year old designed a store for 18+ year olds, and why they launched it now, right in time for Christmas, when they just got the old site to function properly.

Maybe you are right, maybe they don't want to be the number one toy maker anymore. :lol:

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:59 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
ohiobricker wrote:Whenever a website "upgrades" people tend to grumble about it. Usually, you get used to it and forget about the whole transition. I've yet to fully explore the site, but I did check out the Pick a Brick section and it is awfully cumbersome now.
I agree with the first part, I normally don't like new things because I have gotten used to knowing exactly how the site works. I think that's human nature.

But like you said, the pick-a-brick is a mess. I still haven't found the daily sale leaders. I really don't understand why it looks like a 4 year old designed a store for 18+ year olds, and why they launched it now, right in time for Christmas, when they just got the old site to function properly.

Maybe you are right, maybe they don't want to be the number one toy maker anymore. :lol:
Have fun looking for the "Sales and Deals". Also I was in the shop section and clicked on a particular item. I couldn't find the set number anywhere. I had to go back (click back) to find the set number. This is a horrible decision.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:35 am

They fixed the set number and the 'low to high' part.

However let's use 'seasonal' as an example. If you manage to find the section, nothing is listed. No big deal right? It's only getting to the Christmas shopping season with the most seasonal sets. Don't need to actually be able to find them. I type in 'seasonal' in the search bar, two retired sets come up. What good is listing retired sets? I want to BUY things, not look at old sets. It's ridiculous. Pick a Brick is almost better, but not really as the sections are silly and I need to use Brickiest to find piece numbers.