Free LEGO Friends Building Event on August 1st

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Free LEGO Friends Building Event on August 1st

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 am

On Thursday, August 1st at 5pm, you can build a free LEGO Friends Jewelry Box at your local LEGO Brand Store! Event  is open only for children (6-14). Models are not for sale and are only while supplies last..

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/free-lego-friend ... ugust-1st/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Free LEGO Friends Building Event on August 1st

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:26 pm

That's a really nice build!

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:18 am

My daughter and her two cousins did this last evening with my parents. Her box ended up being decorated extensively with extra butterflies, flowers, ladybugs... They also handed out a small polybag promo set that looked like some sort of baking theme with stickers, an apron, and small pieces to build cakes... Will try to get set number tonight and better description of pieces. This was at NorthPark Center in Dallas. Are the build instructions online for this? Gap on the back of her box at the hinge point that looks suspicious...

cmrt1014
Citizen
Citizen

Post by cmrt1014 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:44 pm

I haven't been able to find the directions online, but I did find an eBay listing that had portions of the instructions visible, and images of all 6 sides of the box. What color bricks did your store have for the box? From the images of actual builds, they seem to be bright pink and dark pink, not the lavender as it appears in the official image.?!?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:44 am

Thanks to SpaceViking for alerting me, I was able to add the instructions to the Jewelry Box to my Dropbox Instruction Archive.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Cara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cara » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:15 pm

It was a nice build. It came with a bag of ?bright light orange? butterfly/ladybug/flower pieces to choose the decoration and bright green 1x1 round flower studs. But the lavender bricks shown in the picture were dark pink in our store.

And I agree with scatmanjack, there is a gap on the back of the box that screams for an extra 1x8 plate so the box doesn't have a gap things fall out of.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Did all stores have the promo poly with apron? Just curious how to get our hands on one of those ;-)