[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: May 13-19

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: May 13-19

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed May 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Update: Its not suprising to that the sale started late and the discount system is bugged again if you order more than 3 items. This happens frequently with ToysRUs.ca. To make matters worst this time, the online site is not honouring the sale they mentioned. New LEGO Atlantis and City sets are excluded despite their sale claiming that its "ALL LEGO Atlantis and City". You can try calling them but do note that the representatives are not in Canada so you can expect to be on the phone for hours.

This week from May 13-19, ToysRUs Canada will have the following LEGO deals. This is a great time to pick up many of the new summer products like the new LEGO City Space and Harbour line and the 2 new LEGO Atlantis sets. ToysRUs.ca also now has 8043 Motorized Excavator instock too. Online orders above $100 will qualify for FREE Shipping as well.

Buy 2 & Save 15% off on ALL LEGO Atlantis, City, Technic
Buy 3 & Save 25% off on ALL LEGO Atlantis, City, Technic
Save $5 on LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Video Game with $49.99 or more purchases on Pirates of the Caribbean sets

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/home/can-toysrus ... may-13-19/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Re: [CAN] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: May 13-19

Post by QuagsireQing » Wed May 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Bah, just bought the Level Crossing from LEGO last week. This might be a good chance to snag the Motorized Excavator, though I wish we had the Supercar, like the States.

It should be mentioned that the Fire Brigade is also currently counted among the City sets, for those who have yet to grab one before its imminent discontinuation.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu May 12, 2011 4:54 am

How much you want to bet the online ordering system will not work properly?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu May 12, 2011 4:55 am

hatcher wrote:How much you want to bet the online ordering system will not work properly?
+1
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu May 12, 2011 1:36 pm

The discount on their site was messed up so I ended up calling to make an order the last time they had a sale like this. That in turn allowed me to get 30% off instead because their system would not allow them to take 25% off...the sets I bought from a sale similar to this one last year was Fire Brigade and 3 other really cheap sets.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu May 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Good info. I guess I'll drop by and see if they have the fishing boat and shuttle.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 13, 2011 2:49 am

Fire Brigade has been excluded from this sale. The site does not show promotion notes for this box set. Even new items are not honored with this sale. I had contacted "phone order" service, and the representative said there was nothing they could do. They would just followed whatever showing up at the web site. What a meh sale. Totally disappoint. Much worst than May 4 star wars promotion from S@H

I rather order from U.S lego S@H, which I will get better customer service plus VIP points.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri May 13, 2011 4:51 am

TRU blows again. I guess "Buy More & Save on ALL LEGO City, Atlantis or Technic" really means "Buy More & Save on SOME LEGO City, Atlantis or Technic"

The blurb on the main page of the site should probably be revised because there aren't any new summer sets in the sale.

FEH. :x

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri May 13, 2011 8:00 am

Hodgeman wrote:TRU blows again. I guess "Buy More & Save on ALL LEGO City, Atlantis or Technic" really means "Buy More & Save on SOME LEGO City, Atlantis or Technic"

The blurb on the main page of the site should probably be revised because there aren't any new summer sets in the sale.

FEH. :x
The website says ALL
trucasale5-13.JPG
call them and get your discount on new sets, they have to honor it.
:ugeek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 13, 2011 8:49 am

ncbarrett wrote:call them and get your discount on new sets, they have to honor it.
:ugeek:

It is just a waste of time and energy to argue over the phone, coz' they have no intention to honor the sale.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri May 13, 2011 9:01 am

Does anyone know if they are offering the discount on ALL sets (the usual definition of "ALL", not the TRU version!) in store?

I'd call but I suspect it would just be a waste of time - last time I did for something similar, I just got the run around with a promise I'd get a call back, which I never did.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 13, 2011 10:02 am

Hodgeman wrote:Does anyone know if they are offering the discount on ALL sets (the usual definition of "ALL", not the TRU version!) in store?

I'd call but I suspect it would just be a waste of time - last time I did for something similar, I just got the run around with a promise I'd get a call back, which I never did.
Yesterday, I went to the local TRU express, which was carrying fire Brigade. I asked them would fire Brigade be on sale according to the flyer. A representative said the set was categorized as "Creator" so it would not be on sale. Then, I told him it was "City" set based on the web site. After he checked with the web site, he was speechless. Next, he scanned the box set three times to see if the discount came up (he claimed his cash register has been set up for the flyer sale, and he could disable/enable the sale at anytime). Unfortunately, no luck. He said he would charge whatever showing up from the computer, and he could not override the system [what a bullsxxt!].

At last, he commented that the fire brigade should be a special theme but not "CITY". Next, I pointed to a box of 10210 Imperial Flagship and asked "does this belong to PIRATES theme?". He was speechless again.

I walked out of the store without checking the box design of the new lego summer sets coz' I was upset for my time being wasted.

BTW, the local TRU has received many boxes of lego, including POTC, Alien Conquest, new city box sets, more ninja stuff, more modular sets but no Pet Shop. They were very busy to put them on the shelves.

pterribilis
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by pterribilis » Fri May 13, 2011 10:48 am

legohunter wrote:I rather order from U.S lego S@H, which I will get better customer service plus VIP points.
+1 I'm not going to buy from Toys R Us in Canada anymore. I would like to purchase the Cargo Train, Passenger Train, and Space Shuttle/Airport whichever one is available but anyone with a brain in their head would ask:

Why would I spend $169, $239, and $129 (3 items) to get 25% off but then you gotta add in another 13% for taxes here rather than getting it from Lego S@H where you get spectacular customer service, you pay only $420 instead of $455 with all the discounts? But wait, you also get $20 worth of VIP points making it an even $400.

I buy all my legos now in the USA and ship them to my relatives and when i go visit them, i just pick the sets up on the way back. Come on Toys R Us Canada....wake up and give us a deal that is truely a sale and not some gimmik that brings the overall price down to US MSRP prices.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri May 13, 2011 11:21 am

Hodgeman wrote: I'd call but I suspect it would just be a waste of time - last time I did for something similar, I just got the run around with a promise I'd get a call back, which I never did.
Don't bother with them. I spent like hours before with them to get a raincheck on those "Buy 3 and Save" sales. Turns out they can't give a raincheck on "ALL" unless I specifically choose the 3 sets I want. Then, the associate tells me I will get a phone call when the items on my raincheck have arrived. A month later, I stopped by the store and saw the items were instock. No phone call whatsoever.
legohunter wrote: Yesterday, I went to the local TRU express, which was carrying fire Brigade. I asked them would fire Brigade be on sale according to the flyer. A representative said the set was categorized as "Creator" so it would not be on sale. Then, I told him it was "City" set based on the web site. After he checked with the web site, he was speechless. Next, he scanned the box set three times to see if the discount came up (he claimed his
cash register has been set up for the flyer sale, and he could disable/enable the sale at anytime). Unfortunately, no luck. He said he would charge whatever showing up from the computer, and he could not override the system [what a bullsxxt!].
Toys R Us is a cheap company. Feels like every penny matters to them and will try to get everything they can from overpricing to not honouring sales and starting sales at random times.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 am

To update, I ended up calling in to customer service. Just wanted to see what excuse they'd give.

The CSR said that "all" means "all items on sale" or something equally ponderous.

I explained the situation, and asked to speak to a supervisor. Was on hold for about 10-15 minutes and the CSR came back on and said that they'd honor the discount if I wanted to place an order.

So I ended up ordering Fire Brigade, City of Atlantis and the Power Boat. They gave me a 30% discount (they said the extra 5% for for my trouble, but I think we all know it is because their system doesn't handle 25% for some reason, as this happened once before).

Anyways, a hassle to be sure, but scr*w them I thought, this is what the advertised and I wanted to order. I really wasn't expecting much more than to vent, and to be honest, this isn't much help to everyone else unless you want to spend a lot of time on the phone (the CSR also claimed his supervisor was going to get the web site fixed, but I doubt that will happen).

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri May 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Hodgeman wrote:To update, I ended up calling in to customer service. Just wanted to see what excuse they'd give.

The CSR said that "all" means "all items on sale" or something equally ponderous.

I explained the situation, and asked to speak to a supervisor. Was on hold for about 10-15 minutes and the CSR came back on and said that they'd honor the discount if I wanted to place an order.

So I ended up ordering Fire Brigade, City of Atlantis and the Power Boat. They gave me a 30% discount (they said the extra 5% for for my trouble, but I think we all know it is because their system doesn't handle 25% for some reason, as this happened once before).

Anyways, a hassle to be sure, but scr*w them I thought, this is what the advertised and I wanted to order. I really wasn't expecting much more than to vent, and to be honest, this isn't much help to everyone else unless you want to spend a lot of time on the phone (the CSR also claimed his supervisor was going to get the web site fixed, but I doubt that will happen).
Think the same thing happened last time when I ordered Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, and Winter Toy Shop.

Since ToysRUs.ca has so many bugs and problems, I think they should just close ToysRUs.ca and let us all order from ToysRUs.com. :)

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Hodgeman wrote:To update, I ended up calling in to customer service. Just wanted to see what excuse they'd give.

Good job in pushing them to honor this discount, but I am running out of energy for this.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Hodgeman wrote: (the CSR also claimed his supervisor was going to get the web site fixed, but I doubt that will happen).
I was curious, so I checked with the site.

Yes, they have just fixed it. They fixed it to "Out of stock". They will never get my respect for this style/manner of sale.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Fri May 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Dang and I thought they were bad down here in the states... :shock:

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri May 13, 2011 5:23 pm

This is the first time I've ever had a Toys 'R' Us sale execute properly for me (which is sort of too bad, since I didn't get the 30% off I'd get by complaining to customer service ;)). Wound up paying $194.99 for the Motorized Excavator, $59.99 for the Backhoe Loader and threw in an Ocean Speeder to bump up the savings. In other words, I paid U.S. MSRP for the two sets I wanted, but I won't let that take the wind out of my sales; I got to use up my Christmas gift cards, and I'm happy with the purchase.

Now to wait for a good Creator or Kingdoms deal.