[Canada] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: Amazing Deals this Week!

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Canada] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: Amazing Deals this Week!

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:40 am

This week from December 2-8, Toys R Us Canada will be offering the following LEGO sales for this week. Very good deals on the 40-50% off LEGO sets! Online orders above $100 will qualify for FREE Shipping as well.

For instore purchases, you can also get a FREE $10 LEGO Savings Card with any LEGO Purchase. Savings Card can be used from Dec 26 to Jan 8 when you spend $50 or more.

Amazing LEGO Deals (all week long, while supplies last)

42% off – City Fire Truck $17.47 (reg.$29.99)
40% off - Star Wars Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle $47.97 (reg.$79.99)
40% off - Star Wars Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter $20.97 (reg.$34.99)
40% off - City Police Dog Unit $10.77 (reg.$17.99)
40% off - City Power Boat Transporter $29.97 (reg.$49.99)
40% off - Bricks & More Pink Brick Box $13.77 (reg.$22.99)

Regular LEGO Sale (ALL sets in a theme)

25% off ALL LEGO Hero Factory
20% off ALL LEGO Alien Conquest
20% off ALL LEGO Pharaoh's Quest
20% off ALL LEGO DK Books including Star Wars

Regular LEGO Sale (Select sets in a theme)

25% off Select LEGO Games
25% off LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck, Ultimate Lightning McQueen, Spy Jet Escape and Duplo Big Bentley
20% off LEGO City Harbor, Police Station, Mobile Police Unit, Space Center and Marina
20% off LEGO Technic Motorized Excavator, Rescue Helicopter, Mini Container Truck

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/canada-toysrus-l ... this-week/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Canada] ToysRUs LEGO Sale: Amazing Deals this Week!

Post by Ice » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Finally something good especially with 40% off Palpatine's Shuttle and Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter!

On a side note, they are advertising that they have Winter Toy Shop (min 3) and Tantive IV (min 4) in their stores excluding the express ones. There's also a text next to their exclusives as "once its gone, its gone".

Also, can't believe they labled Battle of Endor as their exclusive. But I'm quite certain thats going to be discontinued very soon. I can't find it in any Wal-Mart or Zellers store and even LEGO Shop is sold out.

fleury
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fleury » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:07 pm

I can't find the pink brick box on their website. I assume this is set 5585?

--
Marc.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Yes, it is 5585.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:50 pm

That is a good deal on the firetruck, but when you consider that MSRP is $29.99 on that set, when you take that into account its really only 42% off. Still a good deal though. I'll be getting two for my sons.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:59 pm

ToysRUs has marked up City Fire Truck MSRP from 29.99 to $34.99. Thus it's actually 41.66% off. Being said that, it is better than no discount.

City Police Dog Unit MSRP has been marked up, too. :mad:

Oh...hatcher, you just beat my post. :-D
Last edited by legohunter on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Was this fire truck released at 2005? I didn't notice that it is still circulating at retailers after 3 generations of City fire theme.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:44 pm

Come on...a sale for ALL city sets please...I know they had quite a few in the last few months or so but that was before the 2012 sets came in.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Toys N Bricks wrote:25% off LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck, Ultimate Build Mater, Spy Jet Escape and Duplo Big Bentley
Ultimate Build Mater is a Wal-Mart exclusive. Is this supposed to read "Lightning McQueen?"

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:22 pm

legohunter wrote: City Police Dog Unit MSRP has been marked up, too. :mad:
Police Dog Unit did not get marked up. Perhaps you were thinking of the US $12.99 MSRP? :razz:
QuagsireQing wrote:
Toys N Bricks wrote:25% off LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck, Ultimate Build Mater, Spy Jet Escape and Duplo Big Bentley
Ultimate Build Mater is a Wal-Mart exclusive. Is this supposed to read "Lightning McQueen?"
Ah yes, I believe it is Lightning McQueen, not Mater.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Ice wrote:Finally something good especially with 40% off Palpatine's Shuttle and Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
Plo Koon will be $19.86 at Walmart this comming week.
Also City Power Boat Transporter is still $25.00 at Walmart.

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:29 am

Toys R Us also has the $10 off Lego Cards again this week for a future purchase. Although, I find these cards quite annoying to get. The advertisement specifically states that you get the card for any Lego purchase and on the card it states that you get $10 off your next $50 purchase, but some CSR's won't give you the card, unless you spend $50 to begin with (and then another $50 later). Anyhow, if they give you a hard time, you can always buy $50 worth and return it immediately... it's a pain, but the CSRs should know better.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:16 pm

brickity wrote:Toys R Us also has the $10 off Lego Cards again this week for a future purchase. Although, I find these cards quite annoying to get. The advertisement specifically states that you get the card for any Lego purchase and on the card it states that you get $10 off your next $50 purchase, but some CSR's won't give you the card, unless you spend $50 to begin with (and then another $50 later). Anyhow, if they give you a hard time, you can always buy $50 worth and return it immediately... it's a pain, but the CSRs should know better.
I've run into this problem too. I spent a good ten minutes schooling an associate on how THEIR promo actually worked lol

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:31 am

They deals are not live on the website as of 6:30AM EST - they get later and later with updating their website!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:33 am

Just came from the Barrie TRU. They have about 55 of the fire trucks out for sale right now. They also have about 15 or so of the Obi-Wan Starfighter set. However, they are at full price, so I don't see them moving. Saw a few of the Tantive IV's, also full price.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:44 pm

dulait wrote:
Ice wrote:Finally something good especially with 40% off Palpatine's Shuttle and Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
Plo Koon will be $19.86 at Walmart this comming week.
Also City Power Boat Transporter is still $25.00 at Walmart.
Nice! If anyone can't find these, remember you can always bring Wal-Mart's ad to Zellers, Superstore, etc to get it price matched.
unclephn wrote:
brickity wrote:Toys R Us also has the $10 off Lego Cards again this week for a future purchase. Although, I find these cards quite annoying to get. The advertisement specifically states that you get the card for any Lego purchase and on the card it states that you get $10 off your next $50 purchase, but some CSR's won't give you the card, unless you spend $50 to begin with (and then another $50 later). Anyhow, if they give you a hard time, you can always buy $50 worth and return it immediately... it's a pain, but the CSRs should know better.
I've run into this problem too. I spent a good ten minutes schooling an associate on how THEIR promo actually worked lol
It really depends on the associates. I always ask for their savings card when I buy $50 or more of LEGO and they are happy to give it to me.

Savings are much better like this when I can get straight $10 off $50 vs buying something first to get the $10 off $50 card. But during the Christmas season, its a lot harder to get them this way as they tend to run out of the cards pretty fast.

shaozhi
Peasant
Peasant

Post by shaozhi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 pm

This happened to me today. I picked up the fire truck (50% off!) and asked if I was supposed to get a $10 gift card at checkout. The CSR said "no, you have to spend $50 on Lego to get the gift card." I told her it said "any Lego purchase" on the sign but she said she was told otherwise. I didn't get the gift card. :down:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Stupid employees. They don't even know how to fun their own promotions. The manager should educate them better.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:03 am

shaozhi wrote:
This happened to me today. I picked up the fire truck (50% off!) and asked if I was supposed to get a $10 gift card at checkout. The CSR said "no, you have to spend $50 on Lego to get the gift card." I told her it said "any Lego purchase" on the sign but she said she was told otherwise. I didn't get the gift card. :down:
Best way to mitigate this is to come armed with the flyer in hand that clearly stipulates that the coupon is avaliable with ANY Lego purchase even if you buy a $6.99 box... if that still doesn't work talk to the manager... still no results then get the name of the manager and call the 1888 number and they will take care of it!

TRU is really difficult sometime but if you follow that path you will get your coupon :-D
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

eliminator
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eliminator » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Got the City Dog Unit @40% off plus the $10 gift card. Tru employees were pretty confused with the wording of the promo card, but I convinced them...