[USA] Meijer LEGO Series 5 Minifigures - 50% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] Meijer LEGO Series 5 Minifigures - 50% off

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:21 am

Forum member goshe7 reports finding LEGO Series 5 Minifigures on clearance for $1.5 each (reg.$2.99). Verified at 2 stores in the Columbus, Ohio area. If you are from one of the 5 states listed below, you may want to drop by and check them out.

*For those that do not know, Meijer is a retailer with stores in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Kentucky.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-meijer-lego- ... es-50-off/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Meijer LEGO Series 5 Minifigures - 50% off

Post by Kodiak10 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:59 pm

I apologize, I to can confirm this from Northwest Ohio as well. I bought a few about 2 weeks ago and forgot to mention. In addition to this, they have many random deals going on the last few weeks say 15% off or so newer Batman and Super Heroes sets as well as they are now starting to POTC with the same 15% or so. Nothing Spectacular, but some deals none the less.

PS. They seem to get New Legos Sets and Themes in at times earlier then anyone else does, for whats its worth.

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:43 pm

I can confirm the sale at Birch Run store and at north Saginaw store. It had to be all stores selling them half off.

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:15 am

Ran by the Washington Street one on the east side of Indianapolis and they have probably 50+ in a bin at the front of one of the endcaps, a few aisles from the Legos but still in the toy section. I now only have 2 left to get from Series 5 but I ran out of time to search for the last 2 I wanted.
Last edited by sterlingice on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phschemguy
I'm New !

Post by phschemguy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:54 pm

I can confirm that the Meijer in West Chester, OH has a whole bunch - maybe a hundred - in an end cap in the toy section. I picked up as many as conscience would allow. Thanks for pointing out the sale.

ZoDiggity
I'm New !

Post by ZoDiggity » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Got the last 9 I needed from Series 5 (already had 7 others that were considered must-haves) on Saturday on the west side of Indianapolis. Looking at all of them together, this is really a great series. Thanks for the heads-up on the incredible sale. Hope they do this eventually for series 6!

phschemguy
I'm New !

Post by phschemguy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 pm

As of today, West Chester, OH was all tapped out...

MrSpacely
I'm New !

Post by MrSpacely » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:25 am

I just cleaned out the Series 5 stock at Meijer on London-Groveport Rd (I-71 just south of 270 / south of Columbus). They only had 13 left (And I was one of 13 people in the entire store at 3AM). I couldn't buy enough to build a 50 count Royal Guard parade, but it looks like I was able to pick up some of the more obscure ones that I didn't care to buy for full price. Wish I had to the time to road trip to all 7 or so Meijer stores in Columbus!

It'd be nice if they did the same markdown with Series 6. But as far as I can tell, both Meijer and Walmart are NOT carrying Series 6. Which is a major bummer because I find it easier to "stand and feel the minifigs" for hours at these stores THAN at the Lego Store, Target, or Toys R' Us. Has anyone spooted Series 6 at Walmart stores anywhere???

Target at Lennox Towne Center in Columbus is sold out on Series 6 btw.

MrSpacely
I'm New !

Post by MrSpacely » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:39 am

phschemguy wrote:As of today, West Chester, OH was all tapped out...
I used to live in Cincinnati. I found that the Meijer stores in far flung, semi-rural, or blue collar locations had the best stocks on things like discounted Legos (much more than overbuilt, solidly upper middle class / high consumption suburbs like West Chester & Mason where people devour even the slightest discounts).

If I were still in town, I'd hit up Taylor Mill KY (the emptiest Meijer in town), Dent, Colerain, Hamiltonm, Middletown, and maybe even Eastgate.

MarkV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MarkV » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 am

I hit up 3 in Cincinnati yesterday - Tylersville, Fairfield, and Norwood (had none that I could find). Cleaned 'em out (maybe 25-30 packs). At $1.50, they're good fodder for stocking stuffers, party favors, etc...

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Was at a Meijer in Orland Park, IL last night and they had a bunch marked down to 74c now. I picked up the final 2 I was missing and a couple of Gladiators and Royal Guards. Still quite a few left, tho

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:12 pm

2 Meijers near me still had lots when I checked a couple days ago. I may need to check them soon if they did go to 74 cents each.

crainbo
I'm New !

Post by crainbo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 am

MrSpacely wrote:Target at Lennox Towne Center in Columbus is sold out on Series 6 btw.
Target at Polaris was sold out of Series 6 as well.

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:49 am

wilykat wrote:2 Meijers near me still had lots when I checked a couple days ago. I may need to check them soon if they did go to 74 cents each.
I checked the 2 nearby Meijer stores (Davison and Lapeer area both east of Flint) and both had over 100 series 5 minifigs still in stock but they raise the price back to $2.99 :crazy: 6

Furthermore the store near Davison sucks badly. I was there last Friday and again yesterday. Both time the shelves for LEGO were almost like that nursery story-- bare. The number of LEGO sets they have out (excluding minifigs series 5) I could count with just 1 hand. :what?: The store employee must be lazy on restocking or they were sold out and didn't get new shipment at all for some reason. I sent a picture of mostly bare shelves to Meijer.com and told them I had to go to nearby competing store to get what I wanted.

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Back up to 2.99 in Indy, too :(

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by CrazyRus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:55 am

Same in Detroit area :( This is the first time I seen meijer reverse clearance pricing

Lydia
I'm New !

Post by Lydia » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:12 am

It was a temporary price cut for the $1.50. Last day for price cut was 4/22, so that's why back up to regular price.

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm

I just figured that after seeing the 74c ones, that it was a gradual clearance and phase out

MarkV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MarkV » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Saw these last Friday - 50% off again at a Meijer. The floor had been sold out once before (it was me!), so they must have found these...

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Meijer in Lapeer also has these on sale again, 2 for $3.00. Not clearance sale but it is 50% off.