[USA] LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes Pre-Order Deals

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes Pre-Order Deals

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:30 am

The LEGO Batman 2:DC Superheroes Video Game is going to be released on June 19 so its not long now! Available in 6 different platforms: PS3, PS Vita, XBox 360, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii. Below are some of the pre-order deals you can get.

Amazon

$10 Amazon credit that can be used for future purchase when you pre-order the LEGO Batman 2 Video Game.

Gamestop

Free exclusive Power Armor Lex Luthor Minifigure when you pre-order the LEGO Batman 2 Video Game, while supplies last. Cheapest version is the DS platform which goes for $29.99.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-lego-batman- ... der-deals/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

warhev
I'm New !

Re: [USA] LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes Pre-Order Deals

Post by warhev » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:01 am

Does anyone know what the GameStop policy is on game returns that are missing their pre-order bonuses? I'd be willing to pre-order from GS just to get that Lex. I know you used to get the bonus when you placed the pre-order. It was usually a $5.00 deposit, and I'd usually just consider it as buying the bonus item for $5.00. Now I see you only get the item when you pick up the game. If I pre-ordered, picked up the game and the figure, then returned the sealed game (assuming Lex is in a seperate polybag), would they give me a full refund? Or even a refund minus a small fee? I don't wish to cheat GS, but I don't want to spend $49.99 just to get the figure when I know the game will be $29.99 or less in just a couple of months! :crazy:

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:48 pm

You get the item when you pick up and pay for the rest of the game. As for returning the game without the freebie, I don't know if they allow it.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Although these offers are extremely appealing, I'm super hesitant to purchase this game. The only gaming system I have is the Nintendo DS Lite. A while ago I bought LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for my DS. I had very high expectations for the game, and after I whizzed though the facile game I was terribly disappointed. I later played the same game on my friend's Wii, and couldn't believe how much better it was. The console version was longer, more challenging, and more fun than the handheld version. Getting back to Batman 2, I can't help but feel that this game is going to be the same as Star Wars. After watching this video: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/07/ig ... mo-e3-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , I got even more excited. Then I heard about the free downloadable demo available for the Nintendo 3DS in the Nintendo eShop. I have a friend with a 3DS, and will most likely try the demo. What I'd like to know is whether the 3DS versions of LEGO games are the same as the DS versions.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:59 pm

anthonyj8 wrote:Although these offers are extremely appealing, I'm super hesitant to purchase this game. The only gaming system I have is the Nintendo DS Lite. A while ago I bought LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for my DS. I had very high expectations for the game, and after I whizzed though the facile game I was terribly disappointed. I later played the same game on my friend's Wii, and couldn't believe how much better it was. The console version was longer, more challenging, and more fun than the handheld version. Getting back to Batman 2, I can't help but feel that this game is going to be the same as Star Wars. After watching this video: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/07/ig ... mo-e3-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , I got even more excited. Then I heard about the free downloadable demo available for the Nintendo 3DS in the Nintendo eShop. I have a friend with a 3DS, and will most likely try the demo. What I'd like to know is whether the 3DS versions of LEGO games are the same as the DS versions.

Yes they are. The only difference is the 3D imagining that you can turn off. I got the demo and it is fun and cool to play.

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:26 pm

I ordered the game from Gamestop online and it says the mini fig will ship with the game. If it doesn't it will be going back.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:47 am

starfire2 wrote:
anthonyj8 wrote:Although these offers are extremely appealing, I'm super hesitant to purchase this game. The only gaming system I have is the Nintendo DS Lite. A while ago I bought LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for my DS. I had very high expectations for the game, and after I whizzed though the facile game I was terribly disappointed. I later played the same game on my friend's Wii, and couldn't believe how much better it was. The console version was longer, more challenging, and more fun than the handheld version. Getting back to Batman 2, I can't help but feel that this game is going to be the same as Star Wars. After watching this video: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/07/ig ... mo-e3-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , I got even more excited. Then I heard about the free downloadable demo available for the Nintendo 3DS in the Nintendo eShop. I have a friend with a 3DS, and will most likely try the demo. What I'd like to know is whether the 3DS versions of LEGO games are the same as the DS versions.

Yes they are. The only difference is the 3D imagining that you can turn off. I got the demo and it is fun and cool to play.
Thank you very much. I also played the demo and had a lot of fun, but I was sort of hoping it would include gameplay with more of the other superheroes. Nevertheless, I can't wait for the full game to come out.

mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mooslug » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Another US Gamestop preorder bonus was just added -- the 5 Villain pack (same one as previously announced for other retailers- Bizarro, Captain Cold, Black Adam, Black Manta, Grodd):

ttp://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/06 ... fault.aspx

The fine print says you have to be a "member," and the Gamestop clerk that I reserved with was under the impression that the free membership, rather than the paid one, is enough to get the bonus.

blackpyre
Citizen
Citizen

Post by blackpyre » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:33 pm

It's been a while since I bought a game, but the impression that I got from most of the GS in my area was that they didn't really care about the small promos.

In fact on several occassions I had friends that woul ask if there were any promors the store didn't care aout any more and they got them.

I think the promos they care about are the ones for the really large bundles, like giant helmets, book ends, art books, and anything that comes packaged with the game.

As for returning it, they want everything sealed. So the real test will be whether or not Lex is packed in with the game some how.

I think I'll just buy it off ebay or Bricklink like I did for Voodoo Jack.

Will

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 am

mooslug wrote:Another US Gamestop preorder bonus was just added -- the 5 Villain pack (same one as previously announced for other retailers- Bizarro, Captain Cold, Black Adam, Black Manta, Grodd):

ttp://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/06 ... fault.aspx

The fine print says you have to be a "member," and the Gamestop clerk that I reserved with was under the impression that the free membership, rather than the paid one, is enough to get the bonus.
I also noticed this bonus. However, if you search the game on Gamestop.com, this bonus is only offered for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. What a bummer. Also, the Lex Luther minifig bonus looks like it has been removed from all versions of the game on Gamestop.com. Too bad. :sad:

FlynnLives
I'm New !

Post by FlynnLives » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 am

My guess is that they only had so many mini figs available, and since this is an actual worthwhile pre-order bonus, people jumped on it quick.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:20 am

FlynnLives wrote:My guess is that they only had so many mini figs available, and since this is an actual worthwhile pre-order bonus, people jumped on it quick.
You're right. I went to Gamestop yesterday and and asked about it, and they said that you had to pre-order the game earlier to have a guaranteed figure. If you pre-order it now, you will have a guaranteed game, but not a guaranteed figure.

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:06 pm

anthonyj8 wrote:
FlynnLives wrote:My guess is that they only had so many mini figs available, and since this is an actual worthwhile pre-order bonus, people jumped on it quick.
You're right. I went to Gamestop yesterday and and asked about it, and they said that you had to pre-order the game earlier to have a guaranteed figure. If you pre-order it now, you will have a guaranteed game, but not a guaranteed figure.

I waited around to pre-order the game hopeing there might be some other bonus or like the Australia Gamestop/Eb Games the USA would get Lex Mini figure and the 5 downloadables.

So after seeing the 5 Downloadables available at US Gamestops. I went to a local Gamestop and was told that the Lex Luthor was not available and I would only get the downloadable characters if joined some powerup thing.

I left and called another Gamestop which said they had 1 Lex Luthor available. So I drove over to this store and pre-ordered the game. They actually had the Lex Luthor minifigure instock and gave me one. I joined the powerup thing and will get the downloadable characters as well. I got lucky I guess. The gamestop website has removed the Lex Luthor minifigure from the bonus item listing.

The Lex minifigure is really cool. I am really glad I was able to get one.

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Got my shipping notice yesterday! It shows the game and the mini figure on it. Should be here today or tomorrow. So are the downloadable characters only for PS3 and XBox?

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Well I ended up with 2 Lex Luthors for the price of one preorder. I preorded the game Saturday and Game stop actually had the figure in stock and gave it to me. My father picked up the game for me today and when I called to see if he actually picked it up he said he got the game and the figure. Now I get one to open. Superman better watch out!

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:51 pm

My local store ran out, didnt even get enough for preorders
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

lordharrier
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lordharrier » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:54 am

Funny enough I preordered too late I think because I never saw the minifig on the order. When I picked up the game, the manager casually grabbed into his box of figs and put it down on the counter with my game... score!

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:26 am

My shipping notice came earlier this week and it had the fig listed. Should arrive today. For those that have the fig already, is it nice?

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:03 am

The figure is very nice. Lex has a different head then the 6862 Lex. The printing on the power suit is very nice as well.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:59 pm

jal4u2c wrote:Got my shipping notice yesterday! It shows the game and the mini figure on it. Should be here today or tomorrow. So are the downloadable characters only for PS3 and XBox?
To answer your question, yes, I asked a gamestop employee and she told me that the downloadable characters are only for PS3 and XBox. :cry: