[USA] ToysRUs Free LEGO Frodo of Bag End with $20

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] ToysRUs Free LEGO Frodo of Bag End with $20

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:17 pm

This week from August 19-25, Toys R Us America will be offering a Free LEGO Lord of the Rings Frodo of Bag End polybag set with LEGO purchases above $20. Kinda a lame deal as this set is only worth $3.99 and all of their other sets are marked up.

LEGO 30210 Frodo's Bag End

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toysrus-free ... d-with-20/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] ToysRUs Free LEGO Frodo of Bag End with $20

Post by Buttmunch » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Mine's had something similar for a while now

Pretty useless promo though since they haven't gotten any Thor sets in and as it says on the sign, you need to bring the free item up to the register with you. :down:

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 am

Our store is out of the Thor set (has been since day 1, from what I can make out) and was then giving away series 6 or 7 mini figures. Always a dice roll at the ole TRU.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 am

Some TRUs are more marked up than others. San Rafael, CA has Jabba's Palace for $159.99. Everything was extra expensive there. It's like a Marin County tax (it's expensive to live there).

I'd like to get one of those Frodos. Why exclude Friends? Because of the new sets I guess.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:16 am

Tried to get the thor last week with the $15 of $50 deal. Of course the store was suppose to have 2 in stock but I couldn't find any. Ended up trying to convince the clerk to substitute the Frodo set since they didn't have any Thors. He didn't bite and just bought the set I wanted and the Frode poly.

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Your TRU didn't offer a substitute polybag? That's pretty lame. Everyone I have visited in Florida have no problem subbing a different lego bagged item because, as everyone has established, there are no Thor sets available anywhere. I didn't even need to complain and they offered to substitute a Frodo set.

some guy
I'm New !

Post by some guy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:29 am

I was able to get my series 8 minifigs and split them into separate purchases to get two free Frodo bags. I figure the extra $.20 per minifig comes out to paying $3.20 for two Frodo sets. I figure that's not so bad.