[USA] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Week 2

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Week 2

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Its week 2 and sadly, there's not too much to expect for LEGO fans living in the United States. From October 7-13, you can get only get the free vintage minifigure collection (volume 2) with LEGO purchases above $60. No sales this week except for two $5 off $25 in-store coupons (max savings of 20% off TRU price) for some of the not so popular themes like Duplo and Board Games. These 2 coupons are valid until October 27, 2012.

Unless your really desperate to get the minifigure set, we wouldn't recommend going to Toys R Us to pay markup prices with no discounts.

Bricktober 2012 Freebie

Free LEGO Vintage Minifigure Collection 5 Pack (Volume 2) with $60 LEGO purchase

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toysrus-lego ... er-week-2/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Re: [USA] ToysRUs LEGO Bricktober Week 2

Post by eisenmatt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:31 pm

It is a pretty cool vintage minifig pack. I like the 2 spacemen, pirate, and ninja.

jasake
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jasake » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:46 pm

oh yah i forgot about toysrus... too busy looking at walmart and amazon

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:51 pm

It seemed like some people were able to get vintage set #1 online for week 1. Do you just order $60+ and it automatically adds it to your cart? I don't think I can make it to the store tomorrow and would love to know how to get it online if possible. Thanks!

Howeesp
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Howeesp » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:37 am

^^^ website should update by 3:00 am to know

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:16 am

Promo set number 2 now available with $60 purchase online. I bought the new Hobbit board game and a Uruk-Hai army set - Hobbit is actually marked down 20%ish right now so you're getting a few bucks off MSRP in aggregate, and still getting the promo set. Quite a few games marked down so if you're just looking for parts packs (they still have Ramses Pyramid, Ramses Return, Atlantis Treasure, Magikus) you may be able to cobble together something that gets you a decent price.

Other options including just going 2x Uruk-Hai Army (yeah, it's marked up 10%, but rarely discounted elsewhere as of yet). Or you could do bulk polybgs for trading purposes - they've got 30150 City Race Car $3.99, Ninjago Hidden Sai $4.99, City Mining Quad 4.99, Friends Skateboarder $4.99, Podracers $4.99. Finally you've got the wheels and doors packs and the City street baseplates which aren't marked up at all. Some food for thought for those of you who hate the idea of paying 20% over retail for a single set just to get the promo.

azfirewolf79
I'm New !

Post by azfirewolf79 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 am

Don't forget tru is now matching prices

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 am

azfirewolf79 wrote:Don't forget tru is now matching prices
They''re gonna be very busy since just about all LEGO is cheaper at other stores. Only thing is the advertised price has to be a set price not a % off or category wide sale.

-----

We will not match prices for competitors':
Category-wide or storewide discounts
Buy One Get One with purchase offers
Gift with purchase offers
Percentage (%) off discounts
Out-of-stock or limited quantity items
Doorbuster items
Prices advertised on Black Friday
Internet pricing for non-baby gear items
Coupons

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 am

Thanks all for info. Vintage pack added automatically with $60+ purchase. Order quickly as last week, someone posted vintage pack #1 online were all gone early in the day.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 am

does anyone have the link to the TRU price matching policy? Does it cover online pricing too? I want to get them to price match the tie fighter and take advantage of the vintage mf pack.

edit: found it. they don't price match online prices except their own. and even then they exclude online-only specials. stupid policy... i guess i gotta go to a target, snap a pic of the discounted price and then show it to them at TRU. :roll: :crazy: more work than it's worth. i'll see if it works.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?c ... d=11949070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:18 am

natelite wrote:does anyone have the link to the TRU price matching policy? Does it cover online pricing too? I want to get them to price match the tie fighter and take advantage of the vintage mf pack.

edit: found it. they don't price match online prices except their own. and even then they exclude online-only specials. stupid policy... i guess i gotta go to a target, snap a pic of the discounted price and then show it to them at TRU. :roll: :crazy: more work than it's worth. i'll see if it works.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?c ... d=11949070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have already given up TRUs and its Vintage Minfig collection. I hope you will not be wasting your gas. Good luck.

legodork
Peasant
Peasant

Post by legodork » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:43 pm

legohunter wrote:
natelite wrote:does anyone have the link to the TRU price matching policy? Does it cover online pricing too? I want to get them to price match the tie fighter and take advantage of the vintage mf pack.

I have already given up TRUs and its Vintage Minfig collection. I hope you will not be wasting your gas. Good luck.
I agree with legohunter. You might be wasting your time and energy. TRU's price match policy states that % off discounts will not be matched. Moreover, they will accept only printed ads with sale price and relevant dates to incidate the sales period so a picture might not do it. A LEGO catelog might work but its YMMV.

sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sonofgun1776 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Not to mention they only price match AFTER all coupons and discounted are taken into account. What's the point in even using the coupon/discount in the 1st place if price match is to be done? Seriously, TRU?

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:26 pm

They seemed to be very careful this time not to let the BOGO and the vintage pack stack. I had my cart ready to go all night and kept refreshing to see if the vintage pack 2 would drop in. I gave up when I went to bed at 2am PST. In the morning, the vintage pack came in but the BOGOs had been wiped. Don't know if there was a brief overlap in the wee hours, but it wasn't worth staying up all night to find out. They lost a $120 sale from me by being such pricks over a freebie that probably costs them $5. And I'm not one of the hardcore haters of TRU, I have great experiences with them instore usually. But they should throw us big spenders a bone and let some stacking action go ahead.

murphquake
Peasant
Peasant

Post by murphquake » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Omw back from I LUG NY's last Comic Con build day and hoping to get to TRU before they close. Last week I found several marked down sets and a game on clearance and got a great deal for my $60 plus the VMF set. Will see what they have, NYC store prices are already inflated (sometimes even more in Queens than Times Square!) but hopefully there's something worth my money again.

murphquake
Peasant
Peasant

Post by murphquake » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:26 pm

I've got good news to report! I made it to TRU with only a few minutes to spare, and with a little more effort than should be necessary (still up on a high shelf in shipping boxes since last Sunday when they were in the same place, with big "Do not shelf until Oct 1st" stickers) I grabbed 2 copies of The Hobbit game 3920. It actually scanned at the website price of $27.99 so I grabbed 4195 POTC Captain's Cabin which they have marked up to $14.99, but i've wanted for a while to bring it over $60 and went to checkout. When I had the girl scan the coupon for $5 off $25 games it came off both sets (not sure if she had to scan it twice) so I ended up paying $22.99 for each set, and getting the VMF set on top of that, for $60.97 before NYC sales tax (which most ppl here wont pay anyway so we'll ignore that I get to pay 8.875% extra for everything I buy)

Thanks very much TNB & zak001 for the info!

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm

TRU in Pittsburgh were really helpful.During the bogo week 1, TRU was sold out of week 1 bricktober minifigs so they (employees at front desk)let me just bring in the receipts and I was able to score week 2 bricktober minifig volume with my week 1 purchases. TRU also let us have more than 1 box.

I had a few extra volume 2 minifig sets and was pretty surprised I was able to sell them for $25-30 each. effectively netting me 50% off my $60 purchase (which was already BOGO 40%)

Forbidden forests for $6 after tax, and series 8 conquistadors/fairies/santas/man-bats for $1.50 is a sweet deal.

TRU isnt all that bad. just gotta find the right deals