Sears.ca - 20% off sale

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
styledshadow
Citizen
Citizen

Sears.ca - 20% off sale

Post by styledshadow » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:42 am

Sears.ca has posted a 20% rebate on 1/2 of its Lego sets. Not the best prices Sears has ever offered, and most of the sets are older... but a sale is a sale. Good chance to cherry-pick a few that got missed.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Sears.ca - 20% off sale

Post by massakassa » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Not bad if you pair this with like a $10 off $50 discount code. Pickup fee sucks though.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Will wait for a closing clear out instead. R.I.P. soon Sears, sadly, like Zellers, we will not miss you.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:08 am

Not sure if they will go under - but their Customer Service, etc. certainly feels like it's not getting any better...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:27 am

harry99 wrote:Not sure if they will go under - but their Customer Service, etc. certainly feels like it's not getting any better...
They sign a contract with a company which out source it to places like India what can we expect? Yeah about them going under, now I remember they are associated with Kmart, so unless Kmart go under, Sears is here for a little longer. Plus, if Target continue to fail on attracting more customers, they might be the one to go before Sears, now that will be very funny consider the amount of money they invested so far in Canada.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Kmart hasn't existed in Canada for close to 20 years. Zellers bought them out. ISears (US) is trying to sell its 51% stake in Sears Canada so don't expect them to be around much longer. I totally expect Sears to be gone in Canada before 2020.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:46 pm

hatcher wrote:Kmart hasn't existed in Canada for close to 20 years. Zellers bought them out. ISears (US) is trying to sell its 51% stake in Sears Canada so don't expect them to be around much longer. I totally expect Sears to be gone in Canada before 2020.
I expect them to be gone next year if they have another disappointing Christmas. Target by 2020 if their sales don't pick up.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:26 pm

But where will the sales go to? More folks flocking to Wally World? Or more sales to online?

Part of me wants to see ToysRus go away...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:55 pm

harry99 wrote:But where will the sales go to? More folks flocking to Wally World? Or more sales to online?

I think TRU is on its way out soon also.

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:21 pm

massakassa wrote:
harry99 wrote:But where will the sales go to? More folks flocking to Wally World? Or more sales to online?

What makes you think so? I visit many locations, at different hours during the week and I can tell you that every time I go there, there are always at least 5-6 moms in line waiting to leak about 40-60 bucks at the cash if not more. And I stay there less than 2 minutes each time, unless I can find something and have to follow in line (or "sneak" to electronics or Babies to avoid the wait). And I'm not even talking about what I see during weekends and all December long...

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:40 am

I personally have not been at ToysRus since more than half a year. I usually only tend to go there if they have a 50% off sale (min. 40% off). Even then I tend to order things online.

They have a combination of really (!!) bad costumer service in combination with over-priced items that can be had for cheaper elsewhere. Also, ad-match is another way to get any 'sale' prices that they might have at other retailers.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:10 am

TRUKLEDOG_13 wrote:
massakassa wrote:

What makes you think so? I visit many locations, at different hours during the week and I can tell you that every time I go there, there are always at least 5-6 moms in line waiting to leak about 40-60 bucks at the cash if not more. And I stay there less than 2 minutes each time, unless I can find something and have to follow in line (or "sneak" to electronics or Babies to avoid the wait). And I'm not even talking about what I see during weekends and all December long...
My local store had to downsize because they didnt get enough customers and even now with their smaller store they still have zero customers in the store most of the time when i check. This might not be true for all locations but still makes you wonder about their long term survival. I think i also read that they closed a lot of stores the last couple of years.

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:13 am

What TRU are you talking about? it may be true in some isolated case (i.e. in regions where the population density is low). But from what I've witnessed in urbanised area (Ottawa, Montreal & Toronto), TRU stores do not look like they are dying.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:29 am

I mostly go to the Coquitlam Toys R Us by Ikea and they are often quite busy, especially on the weekend. What I like about Toys R Us is they stock a hell of a lot of Lego and with their revolving 20% sales, I do end up with a decent amount of the smaller sets from there.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:38 am

TRUKLEDOG_13 wrote:What TRU are you talking about? it may be true in some isolated case (i.e. in regions where the population density is low). But from what I've witnessed in urbanised area (Ottawa, Montreal & Toronto), TRU stores do not look like they are dying.
Scarborough, not really low density. ;-)

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:00 pm

massakassa wrote:
TRUKLEDOG_13 wrote:What TRU are you talking about? it may be true in some isolated case (i.e. in regions where the population density is low). But from what I've witnessed in urbanised area (Ottawa, Montreal & Toronto), TRU stores do not look like they are dying.
Scarborough, not really low density. ;-)
TRU isn't going anywhere in the next couple of years. It's only (non-online) competition is Mastermind which has a much smaller footprint & inventory.