[Canada] Zellers BOGO 50% off ALL LEGO*

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Canada] Zellers BOGO 50% off ALL LEGO*

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed May 16, 2012 4:44 am

This week from May 18-24, Zellers Canada will be offering Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on ALL LEGO (excluding Friends). As always, maximize your savings up to 25% off by purchasing sets of equal value. They're probably trying to clear out their old LEGO inventory to make room for new LEGO.

*Liquiditation stores are excluded from this sale.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/canada-zellers-b ... -all-lego/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Jasper Parnebrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [Canada] Zellers BOGO 50% off ALL LEGO*

Post by Jasper Parnebrick » Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 pm

I just went by Square One today in Mississauga. they literally had NO LEGO. Lots of other stuff, but all the LEGO has been cleared out. Maybe a couple of dozen Hero Factories, but no sets!

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed May 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Jasper Parnebrick wrote:I just went by Square One today in Mississauga. they literally had NO LEGO. Lots of other stuff, but all the LEGO has been cleared out. Maybe a couple of dozen Hero Factories, but no sets!
That's because the Square One location is a liquidation store. All the liquidation stores had their toys at 50% about a couple of weeks ago, but all the LEGO was pretty much wiped out when it was still 40% off (and that was roughly about a month ago). You'll have to visit a non-liquidation Zellers store in order to take advantage of this particular promo.

Noblebrick
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Noblebrick » Thu May 17, 2012 9:37 am

Don't you think it is odd that they (and others) consistently exclude Friends? I don't what that say for Friends.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu May 17, 2012 10:28 am

The exclusion of Friends is annoying me too. Since they've come out, my daughter has consistently expressed interest in them. Of course the one she really wants is the most expensive, so I've been waiting for them to go on sale. And I can not for the life of me ever remember any store putting them on sale. What gives?

Oh well, at least now I can justify getting the new X-Wing and Tie Fighter.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 pm

hatcher wrote:The exclusion of Friends is annoying me too. Since they've come out, my daughter has consistently expressed interest in them. Of course the one she really wants is the most expensive, so I've been waiting for them to go on sale. And I can not for the life of me ever remember any store putting them on sale. What gives?

Oh well, at least now I can justify getting the new X-Wing and Tie Fighter.
Its still cheaper to get the new X-Wing and Tie Fighter through barnes and noble with the 20% coupon with tax/shipping. If none available now, i am sure more will come up as there were several occassions over past few months - mostly recently for mothers day.

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Thu May 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Which coupon is that?

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu May 17, 2012 4:47 pm

every so often, you should check the sales forums under US and coupons. there is always a bn.com post/thread on coupons.

did not find a 20% off coupon code, but found a 15% off coupon code T4T8J4A.

using this coupon combined with the 10% off already on the x wing or tie fighter still saves money compared to buying it at 25% off in canada! can only use it on one item at a time and one per account.

ti_jay007
Citizen
Citizen

Post by ti_jay007 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:47 pm

will get some ninjagos as they are the only sets who seems to have good value vs B&N and other US Stores.

My local Zellers still have the Earth Dragon at 45$... sells a 125$ on B&N...

Hope they will be there tomorrow ;)

countryboy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by countryboy » Thu May 17, 2012 5:11 pm

I do check it and hence my question as i was not aware of a 20% of at this time :up:

How is shipping BTW via B&N to Canada (Or do you ship to a US address?). I regularly buy from TRU USA however ship to a US box address i have. Downside to that is that i have to typically pay state tax and HST. Still is cheaper though.

ricefields wrote:every so often, you should check the sales forums under US and coupons. there is always a bn.com post/thread on coupons.

did not find a 20% off coupon code, but found a 15% off coupon code T4T8J4A.

using this coupon combined with the 10% off already on the x wing or tie fighter still saves money compared to buying it at 25% off in canada! can only use it on one item at a time and one per account.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu May 17, 2012 5:58 pm

I already stated that there were many 20% off coupons before so its a matter of time before the next one comes out. bn.com (and technically lego.com) are the only US lego retailers I know that don't charge duties when crossing the border - just have to pay gst for bn.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu May 17, 2012 11:39 pm

countryboy wrote:I do check it and hence my question as i was not aware of a 20% of at this time :up:

How is shipping BTW via B&N to Canada (Or do you ship to a US address?). I regularly buy from TRU USA however ship to a US box address i have. Downside to that is that i have to typically pay state tax and HST. Still is cheaper though.
B&N have very cheap shipping rates. First item is $6.48 and each additional item would cost only $2.49 more and thats direct from US to Canada. Regarding taxes, you only get charged 5% GST so you get to save on tax too (if your not from Alberta). You won't get charged by customs as B&N already charged you in advance.

More can be found here. :)
http://toysnbricks.com/about/lego-buying-guide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:49 am

LEGO ordered trough BN sometimes does not arrive in the best condition - specifically larger items are often times heavily damaged. So if you want a mint box BN is not the place to buy from! If you don't care about the box you're good to go!

And if you want a coupon for BN - here you go - 15% off one item:

T3U7T4R

(Expires May 20, 2012)
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri May 18, 2012 9:04 am

And to tie-in with this awesome sale, we have a printable $5 off any $35 purchase coupon at Zellers: http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... =67&t=5918" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri May 18, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm not quite sure whats wrong with Zellers selection... but everytime I go, there's always never any good stuff and the shelves are messy. I couldn't even pick up the sets I want today as they don't have any instock. :(

No Clone Trooper Battle Pack, Droid Escape, Catwoman Catcycle City Chase, Power Armor Lex.... Instead of the new and popular sets, they're constantly carrying stuff like Prince of Persia, Toy Story, Cars, Alien Conquest....clearance them out for 50% off or something already...

No Avengers to be spotted at all (don't even expect LOTR). Movie has been out for 2 weeks (sets have been released more than a month ago) and still nothing? Its one of the top selling lines at the moment and sales are probably at its peak right now. But I guess Zellers like paying a huge price for keeping the old sets. =/

Funny enough, they have pretty much the same amount of LEGO shelve space as Wal-Mart but Wal-Mart clearly has a way better selection in terms of good LEGO sets. Whoever is managing Zellers is horrible. I'm glad Target is taking over soon.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri May 18, 2012 6:09 pm

harry99 wrote:LEGO ordered trough BN sometimes does not arrive in the best condition - specifically larger items are often times heavily damaged. So if you want a mint box BN is not the place to buy from! If you don't care about the box you're good to go!

And if you want a coupon for BN - here you go - 15% off one item:

T3U7T4R

(Expires May 20, 2012)
I ordered 1 x wing and 3 tie fighters in four separate transactions at different times using the 20% coupon- all were received in excellent condition. There are definitely some inconsistences in bn shipping boxes. They had always used great shipping boxes in the past - every once in a while now they use the cheaper cardboard box that offers no protection and sometimes its sent using m bag instead of the normal way which increases the damage exposure through m bag. I would not give up ordering because of these shipping mishaps...as long as they are not frequenty occuring. However, I think when it comes to the tie and x wing orders, they should arrive in good condition.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri May 18, 2012 6:15 pm

@Ice Which Zellers? I'm hoping the Lansdowne location has some good stock.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri May 18, 2012 6:32 pm

I went to Brentwood, Metrotown and Oakridge. All 3 stores did not have have a single Clone Trooper Battle Pack, Droid Escape, Catwoman Catcycle City Chase or Power Armor Lex set instock. I don't think any of the stores even have Harry Potter. :roll:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri May 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Last time I went to Oakridge, they had plenty of the new SW planets a few battle packs and even the TIE Fighter. They also had the Superheroes stuff out. But I guess those are long gone, eh?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri May 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Ya, those were the first time they got those new January sets in (like March). I don't think they've restocked since then. :lol:

If your looking for Tie Fighter, X-Wing or the older $34.99 Star Wars LEGO, its not that big of a problem. But new or popular sets are pretty much impossible to find at Zellers. If your looking for Ninjago, don't even bother (at least for those 3 stores) as they have nothing. I would really like to get a Clone Trooper and Catwoman Catcycle on sale but they're never instock. :(