2013 Week 4 LEGO Bricktober at Toys R Us Canada

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2013 Week 4 LEGO Bricktober at Toys R Us Canada

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:54 am

The 2013 Bricktober Week 4 LEGO Sale at Toys R Us Canada is now here. Sale runs from October 18-24. As always, free shipping when you spend $100 or when you purchase 3 or more LEGO sets for online purchases. On Saturday, October 19, they will have a LEGO Minifigure Trade in Event with store employees again.

2013 LEGO Bricktober Promotions

FREE LEGO Minifigure Collectors Box with $75 purchase on LEGO building sets
FREE LEGO Witch Minifigure polybag with $30 purchase on LEGO building sets

*Volume 4 LEGO Minifigure Collection will most likely be given out during Week 5

2013 LEGO Bricktober Sale Week 3

20% off select LEGO Star Wars (seems like all sets online are discounted except online exclusives)
20% off select LEGO Monster Fighters
20% off ALL LEGO Hobbit and Lord of the Rings

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/2013-week-4-lego ... us-canada/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

rebel
Citizen
Citizen

Re: 2013 Week 4 LEGO Bricktober at Toys R Us Canada

Post by rebel » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:37 pm

I thought no one is gonna post this 'cause it's so lame. Even indigo has better deal than this back in the days.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:59 am

Indeed - at least there were some good deals for one week!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:35 am

The minifig trade is good, i managed to ditch about 20 really grungy ones id gotten through kijiji buys and got some food ones in new condition back. Lone Ranger Star Wars Harry potter and a bunch of city figs. Also some cmfs.

GONESNAKEE
I'm New !

Post by GONESNAKEE » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Wanted to PU the LOTR Tower but guess what "exclusives" now are not part of sales, so it is NOT 20% off ALL LOTR DOH!!!
Personally I would have grabbed it at the 20% off the $250 CDN (prior taxes) but now I will NEVER grab it.
Lego's new "price fixing" is going to cost them more than it will make them IMHO Cheers Mark
P.S. also as we all know TRU has the highest prices, many sets at above MSRP, here is a LOTR example, Mines Of Moria everywhere in Canada for $100, TRU has it for $110 so it is NOT 20% off IMHO at all as it started out 10% hogher than everywhere else to begin with! Nuff Said

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:51 pm

harry99 wrote:Indeed - at least there were some good deals for one week!
Agree to that, US sale offer super-hero poly bags and we get a witch face poly bag? And the display cases were the first generation ones that were not meant for storing minifigure series. The least they could do is offer the 16 slot ones instead of this over stocked crap, which they will have to blow out for $10 in the future anyway.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:27 pm

I just stopped by local TRUs wonderlab for minifig trade, and received a "501st Legion Clone Trooper" from set 75002, "Rebel Pilot A-wing " from set 75003, "TIE Bomber Pilot "from set 75008, and "Motorcycle Mechanic" from CMF10. Hurry up if you want to get some brand new Star Wars minifigs. It is a good way to get rid of unwanted minifigs.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 pm

legohunter wrote:I just stopped by local TRUs wonderlab for minifig trade, and received a "501st Legion Clone Trooper" from set 75002, "Rebel Pilot A-wing " from set 75003, "TIE Bomber Pilot "from set 75008, and "Motorcycle Mechanic" from CMF10. Hurry up if you want to get some brand new Star Wars minifigs. It is a good way to get rid of unwanted minifigs.
By the time anyone read this, it would be too late unless you live out in the west coast at the time of your posting. Those are pretty average figures unless you have alot of commons to trade with. The only thing this might interest me is if they are offering Mr.Gold, or any exclusive figures from expansive sets like 10236 Ewok Village, 75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser, 10228 Haunted House, 10237 The Tower of Orthanc, 10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout, just to name a few.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:21 pm

dulait wrote: The only thing this might interest me is if they are offering Mr.Gold, or any exclusive figures from expansive sets like 10236 Ewok Village, 75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser, 10228 Haunted House, 10237 The Tower of Orthanc, 10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout, just to name a few.
This will never happen. If those are available for trade at this kind of event, TLG will receive thousands of complains for messing up the exclusive item.
dulait wrote: Those are pretty average figures unless you have alot of commons to trade with.
The bottom line is that these minifigs were not as average as the minifigs from City series or worn out trade-in minifigs from other collectors. On the other hand, I wasn't planning to buy those box sets in which the minifigs belong to. Thus the trade was a bonus to my minifigs collection.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:37 pm

I got to pick up 75021 Republic Gunship for $119.97, plus got a minifigure box and Witch polybag that will fetch me at least $25, effectively reducing the price to $95, down from $149.99. What part of this is a bad deal?

I understand that if you're not into a particular theme, then a sale means little or nothing, but every week I pop in here, and all I see is people complaining about how "bad" the deals are. Yeah, week two was pathetic, but in the last four weeks we've had 20% off many major themes, plus free bonuses that can be collected, or sold to offset the reduced cost even further (an average total of 35% for me). To me, that's worth being excited about.

Though it makes October expensive, Bricktober is always the best time of year for me to catch up on a few non-exclusives. Where else in Canada am I going to find brand-new sets for these prices so easily?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:19 pm

GONESNAKEE wrote:Wanted to PU the LOTR Tower but guess what "exclusives" now are not part of sales, so it is NOT 20% off ALL LOTR DOH!!!
Personally I would have grabbed it at the 20% off the $250 CDN (prior taxes) but now I will NEVER grab it.
Lego's new "price fixing" is going to cost them more than it will make them IMHO Cheers Mark
P.S. also as we all know TRU has the highest prices, many sets at above MSRP, here is a LOTR example, Mines Of Moria everywhere in Canada for $100, TRU has it for $110 so it is NOT 20% off IMHO at all as it started out 10% hogher than everywhere else to begin with! Nuff Said
Get them at Lego store!! You will get double VIP point this month. In overall, I rather handed over my money to Lego store than TRUs. One of the reason is that TRUs "marked up" the price. Second, LegoShop@Home offers free shipping for only $75 purchase, but TRUs makes you buy 4 items for free shipping.
QuagsireQing wrote:I understand that if you're not into a particular theme, then a sale means little or nothing, but every week I pop in here, and all I see is people complaining about how "bad" the deals are. Yeah, week two was pathetic, but in the last four weeks we've had 20% off many major themes, plus free bonuses that can be collected, or sold to offset the reduced cost even further (an average total of 35% for me). To me, that's worth being excited about.

Though it makes October expensive, Bricktober is always the best time of year for me to catch up on a few non-exclusives. Where else in Canada am I going to find brand-new sets for these prices so easily?
I believe members who found 20% Off wasn't a good deal because they could easily purchase the same item at U.S. with the 20% off Canada MSRP anytime in the year. Thus, none of them would find this Bricktober deal excited unless the deal was as low as 50% off, which would be around 30% Off to U.S. MSRP. For those who were located far from the border(or did not like crossing the border) may take Bricktober deal seriously.

ausone
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ausone » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:04 am

GONESNAKEE wrote:Wanted to PU the LOTR Tower but guess what "exclusives" now are not part of sales, so it is NOT 20% off ALL LOTR DOH!!!

The LOTR Tower is included in the 20% off sale but you won't get the freebie as it's only online...

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:04 am

legohunter wrote:I believe members who found 20% Off wasn't a good deal because they could easily purchase the same item at U.S. with the 20% off Canada MSRP anytime in the year. Thus, none of them would find this Bricktober deal excited unless the deal was as low as 50% off, which would be around 30% Off to U.S. MSRP. For those who were located far from the border(or did not like crossing the border) may take Bricktober deal seriously.
Must be nice to be able to casually hop across the border to buy at US MSRP; I forget that most Canadians live in border cities, since for me, the nearest American LEGO Store is a 26-hour round trip from me, and the nearest Toys 'R' Us 20 hours.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 am

Another reason 20% off doesn't excite us, it that most of the stuff at TRU is higher then MSRP. So its not really 20% off. Especially when 90% of the stuff TRU sells is available across the road at Walmart for MSRP. I don't live near the border and don't just go across to get the cheap LEGO. If I lived in Windsor or another border town, I'd do it though.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 am

QuagsireQing wrote:I got to pick up 75021 Republic Gunship for $119.97, plus got a minifigure box and Witch polybag that will fetch me at least $25, effectively reducing the price to $95, down from $149.99. What part of this is a bad deal?

I understand that if you're not into a particular theme, then a sale means little or nothing, but every week I pop in here, and all I see is people complaining about how "bad" the deals are. Yeah, week two was pathetic, but in the last four weeks we've had 20% off many major themes, plus free bonuses that can be collected, or sold to offset the reduced cost even further (an average total of 35% for me). To me, that's worth being excited about.

I believe we discussed this back on week 2 that this is Bricktober and not a regular every week or other week sale where they have 20% off anyway. So the only 20% off bricktober sale is not very attractive. Plus, the polybag is not excluive as I mentioned below, and the case varies to whom you can sell to since it is not very appealing compared to the new one which holds 16 instead of just 15.

As I mentioned before, US having the superheroes sets on sale and offering a choice of two Superhero polybags, and with the game comming out tomorrow is much much better sale stratergy compared to what we have this week. Bottomline is, this is a Bricktober sale, so they should treat it more like one instead of an average sale to attract some uninformed and clueless parents, and grandparents. In my opinion, bricktober, black friday, boxing week sales should be at least 30% off, especially with some of their markup sets. And as you mentioned it is a 20 hour drive for you to your closest Toys R Us, would you not want the discount to be higher? Or you are simply satisfly with 20% and some crappy bonuses?

By the way the Witch Polybag is advertised for $6.99 at Target I believe.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:28 pm

hatcher wrote:Another reason 20% off doesn't excite us, it that most of the stuff at TRU is higher then MSRP. So its not really 20% off.
I haven't been comparing Toys 'R' Us prices to MSRP, but I double-checked my Bricktober purchases, and all of them were MSRP before the 20% off.
dulait wrote:And as you mentioned it is a 20 hour drive for you to your closest Toys R Us, would you not want the discount to be higher? Or you are simply satisfly with 20% and some crappy bonuses?
If my choices are between MSRP and 20% off, I'm definitely more than satisfied with 20% off. (I meant American Toys 'R' Us, btw. :-D It's only a 15-minute drive to my nearest Canadian Toys 'R' Us.)

I remember my first Bricktober, three years ago. When you could get 25% off even sets that were exclusive, I went hog wild and picked up great bargains on sets like Medieval Market Village, Emerald Night and Grand Carousel. Of course, I wish deals like that were still around, but they aren't, so I'll appreciate the deals we're given, rather than focus on the deals we aren't.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:24 am

I'm just getting sick of collecting material things, period. Chasing this stuff becomes exhausting after a while at the pace they release new sets and provides kind of a hollow/vapid sense of enjoyment past a certain point. Probably gonna sell off my big Lego collection eventually.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Blacknight wrote:I'm just getting sick of collecting material things, period. Chasing this stuff becomes exhausting after a while at the pace they release new sets and provides kind of a hollow/vapid sense of enjoyment past a certain point. Probably gonna sell off my big Lego collection eventually.
I feel the same way about Collectible Minifigures.

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Blacknight wrote:I'm just getting sick of collecting material things, period. Chasing this stuff becomes exhausting after a while at the pace they release new sets and provides kind of a hollow/vapid sense of enjoyment past a certain point. Probably gonna sell off my big Lego collection eventually.
I can hear you... as a big SW Hasbro collector. But believe me, TLG is a charm to deal with compared to Hasbro. From my "experience", H collecting tends to make me feel such like I'm collecting just to collect, rushing to get the figures/vehicles I think I want while they're available, IF they are. For these reasons, I also realize how lucky we are to have a company such as TLG :

1- who makes sure that each of their product is available in Canada (convention stuff put aside). This helps me to not feel such as I'm being rushed to buy.

2- which products are available for a rather long period of time. This leaves me plenty of time to really feel what I want and to understand what does not mean enough for me to buy it.

I think that explains why I regret a lot less of my LEGO purchases than my Hasbro's.

Also, I don't open everything as soon as I'm buying. This also helps to keep the spark well alive ;-)

GONESNAKEE
I'm New !

Post by GONESNAKEE » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:44 am

ausone wrote:

The LOTR Tower is included in the 20% off sale but you won't get the freebie as it's only online...
Was NOT on sale in the store & this weeks specials the LOTR sets at 20% off it is NOT included in either, it actually states it in the flyer this time as well.

As for the other suggestion to buy it at the Lego store for the extra $50 instead of one at 20% off, ah NO THX!

Like I said in my post this is a set that I will NOT buy at full price & one that is now not likely to be obtained otherwise.

Cheers Mark

P.s. on the Collectable MFs I sold all my sets off after the sixth round & only buy odd figures I want from them now. The new bunch yet to come out (Lego Movie ones) being the Lamest Lot yet