Canada Holiday 2013 LEGO Sale at Toys R Us

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Canada Holiday 2013 LEGO Sale at Toys R Us

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:58 pm

This week from November 22-28, Toys R Us Canada will be offering the LEGO Sales. Spend $30 or more on LEGO (excludes Games & Friends) and you can also receive a FREE LEGO Creator Christmas Tree polybag set. As always, free shipping when you spend $100 or when you purchase 3 or more LEGO sets for online purchases.

Savings range from 14-20% off. The majority of the sets work out to be about 16.6% off.

20% off ALL LEGO LEGO Licensed Storage and Display Cases
$25 off - Star Wars Jabba's Sail Barge (reg.$149.99)
$20 off - Star Wars Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (reg.$119.99)
$15 off - Star Wars Jek-14 Stealth Starfighter (reg.$89.99)
$15 off - Creator Aviation Adventures (reg.$79.99), Super Heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle (reg.$89.99), Chima Worriz Combat Lair (reg.$89.99)
$10 off - Ninjago Garmatron (reg.$49.99), City Heavy Lift Helicopter (reg.$64.99)
$7 off - Super Heroes Iron Man Malibu Mansion Attack (reg.$49.99)

2013 Holiday Price Match Policy

Like previous years, Toys R Us Canada will once again be offering their usual price match guarantee PLUS an additional 10% for the holidays.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/canada-holiday-2 ... toys-r-us/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick75T
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Canada Holiday 2013 LEGO Sale at Toys R Us

Post by Brick75T » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:16 am

Thanks! I can't find a statement anywhere about that pricematch + 10%... Can anyone point me to a link or page in the flyer where that is clearly indicated?

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Brick75T wrote:Thanks! I can't find a statement anywhere about that pricematch + 10%... Can anyone point me to a link or page in the flyer where that is clearly indicated?
It is definitely in the flyer.

Do you have an iOS device? Download "Reebee" (it's free) if you don't already have it. The app shows all flyers applicable to your postal code, including TRU ones. At the bottom of page 18 it says:

"PRICE MATCH We'll match ANY advertised price PLUS an additional 10%!"

Brick75T
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Brick75T » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:10 am

Thanks! Found it. I was looking too much near the lego stuff :)

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:10 am

Hi folks,

Time to abuse that price match + 10% off

Those with the target toy catalogue...arise my fellow shoppers...there are savings to be had =D

Just a taste

Corporate Alliance Droid is 19.99 (the star wars 20% sale just finished at TRU!)
Worriz Combat Lair (forget the TRU sale!) is 69.99
Ironman extremis seaport battle is 19.99
Coast Guard Plane is 47.99
Eglor's Twin bike is 22.99

Now imagine those prices but 10% off...MUHAHAHA

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:26 pm

tired wrote:Hi folks,

Those with the target toy catalogue...arise my fellow shoppers...there are savings to be had =D

Just a taste

Corporate Alliance Droid is 19.99 (the star wars 20% sale just finished at TRU!)

Sorry to say this, but you save a maxium of another $2-7 off and you are excited? This basically mean they will be 30% off instead of 20, also there are so many restrictions if you have read up the price match policy on Toys R Us.ca, for example, they have to check if it is in stock LOCALLY at a nearby Target...etc. If they price match something at more than 30-40% off, or if there are still sales on any of the modulars online to price match with, then, at least I will be excited as you are, MUHAHAHA.

rebel
Citizen
Citizen

Post by rebel » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:50 pm

dulait wrote:

Just a taste

Sorry to say this, but you save a maxium of another $2-7 off and you are excited? This basically mean they will be 30% off instead of 20, also there are so many restrictions if you have read up the price match policy on Toys R Us.ca, for example, they have to check if it is in stock LOCALLY at a nearby Target...etc. If they price match something at more than 30-40% off, or if there are still sales on any of the modulars online to price match with, then, at least I will be excited as you are, MUHAHAHA.
Agree. Nowadays I will only purchase lego at TRU if there is a 50% off sale going on

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:44 pm

rebel wrote:
dulait wrote:

Just a taste

Agree. Nowadays I will only purchase lego at TRU if there is a 50% off sale going on
I will be a little nicer and say 35-40% or more PLUS a couple of free stuffs like polybags, display cases, suitcases...etc. You are welcome, managers or owners of Toys R Us Canada.

supercal
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by supercal » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 am

Just a taste

My first thought is that it would be like Future Shop price matching.
Not an outright 10% - simply 10% of the difference. So a discount of .50 on the iron man seaport battle.
Not sure of the actual text of the policy but that's what I thought when it was first mentioned here.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:30 pm

supercal wrote:

Just a taste

Not an outright 10% - simply 10% of the difference. So a discount of .50 on the iron man seaport battle.
Not sure of the actual text of the policy but that's what I thought when it was first mentioned here.
For example, I read this price match as, a $100 set on for 20% off on a flyer from another retailer, TRU will take another 10% off $80 instead of whatever their regular price was. So with their markups say $120 on that set, we are not getting the extra 10% off that, but the extra off of the final sale price from another retailer. Either way, it is really a mehnahnahnah for me.

rebel
Citizen
Citizen

Post by rebel » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:51 pm

dulait wrote:
supercal wrote:

Just a taste

For example, I read this price match as, a $100 set on for 20% off on a flyer from another retailer, TRU will take another 10% off $80 instead of whatever their regular price was. So with their markups say $120 on that set, we are not getting the extra 10% off that, but the extra off of the final sale price from another retailer. Either way, it is really a mehnahnahnah for me.
"a $100 set on for 20% off on a flyer" Exactly. Neither online price or instore price, but the deal on a flyer. Do you think retailers like sears, indigo chapter will post great deals of lego on their flyers? According to my experience, I doubt that. They usually has better deals online combined with coupon codes. Your only chance is a basic 600 pics set at walmart might showed on their flyers during balck friday.