Canada LEGO Black Friday Sales

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Canada LEGO Black Friday Sales

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:12 pm

November 28 Update: Added Sears LEGO Black Friday sale.

Canada usually doesn't have "Black Friday Sales" during this time, especially since Canada's Thanksgiving Holiday was last month on Monday, October 13. However, in an attempt to match the deals in America, Canadian retailers will also be offering their own 2013 Black Friday LEGO Sales. Unfortunately, they are very weak and there aren't many LEGO products discounted.

The only deals worth mentioning would be the half price Hobbit Attack of the Wargs set for $29.97 (reg.$59.99) at Toys R Us Canada and the Brick Buckets at Wal-Mart for $20 (reg.$39.99). Though, if you do plan on heading down to the States, Wal-Mart USA has the exact same item for $15 USD.

The Real Canadian Superstore

No Tax on Most Items instore (Friday-Saturday only)

Sears Canada

40% off Lord of the Rings Attack on Weathertop, Monster Fighters Crazy Scientist and His Monster
25% off Star Wars AT-TE, Star Wars Homing Spider Droid, Ninjago Kraang’s Lab Escape and more
Additional savings with coupon codes: 941612262 $10 off $100 or more, 941612265 $20 off $200 or more, 941612283 $50 off $500 or more
Valid online only until Cyber Monday, December 2, 2013 or while supplies last
Check their Black Friday LEGO Savings Page for more items on sale

Target

Free $15 Target Gift Card with $75 Purchase (Friday only)

Toys R Us

50% off: Hobbit Attack of the Wargs $29.97 (reg.$59.99)
50% off: Hobbit Goblin King Battle $64.97 (reg.$129.99)
50% off: ALL $19.99 Chima Speedorz
40% off: Select LEGO sets (ad shows Hero Factory Bulk, Hero Factory Stormer XL, Creator Highway Pickup, Galaxy Squad Vermin Vaporizer, Galaxy Squad Obliterator)
20% off ALL LEGO SpongeBob, Lone Ranger and Galaxy Squad
15% off select Chima and Super Hero Sets
Free LEGO Chima Leonidas Jungle Dragster polybag when you spend $30 on any LEGO sets
Free $10 collectible savings card with any Star Wars purchase

Wal-Mart

50% off: LEGO 4627 Fun with Bricks Bucket 85 pieces, Duplo $20 (reg.$39.99)
50% off: LEGO 4628 Fun with Bricks Bucket 600 pieces, Regular $20 (reg.$39.99)

LEGO Stores and LEGO Shop at Home (Brick Friday Deals)

FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with purchase of $99 or more
FREE $10 Gift Card with purchase of $149 or more (online only)
FREE Shipping on all orders (no minimum)
Receive a Free THE LEGO® MOVIE™ poster sticker to customize your Palace Cinema. (valid until December 31st)
FREE Exclusive Clone Trooper™ Lieutenant with LEGO® Star Wars™ purchases of $50 or more! (valid until December 31st)
Shop Now: USA | Canada

*For the list of sales items, please visit our LEGO Black Friday 2013 Sales Forum

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/canada-lego-black-friday-sales/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Canada LEGO Black Friday Sales

Post by harry99 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:27 pm

LEGO S@H won't have the 10% off everything going on this time around? Only $10 gift card for orders over $149?!?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:25 pm

You're missing the updated managers special for Walmart Black Friday.
30% off all Lego Construction sets.

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Mrbill317 wrote:You're missing the updated managers special for Walmart Black Friday.
30% off all Lego Construction sets.
Don't think it's good for Canada :down:

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:35 pm

harry99 wrote:LEGO S@H won't have the 10% off everything going on this time around? Only $10 gift card for orders over $149?!?
Looks like it, they are doing so well that they can tell us to screw off, and if we do not like their sales then we should get it somewhere else. But wait, they are begging us to take some of their overstock wave 1 chima sets, wait, so they screw everyone over with no % off scratch cards, but they beg us to help upload sets which they give out for free in the states with every online order, while we up here in canada got noting a few months ago? I do not know about you guys, but if that is the way they play it, then I will gladly spend my money elsewhere.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:48 am

seems to me the VIP sale at lego.com last week was better than the Black Friday deals.. 3x vip points vs $10 off $149..?

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:08 am

For my part, I will gladly spend my dollars elsewhere. As odd as this sounds but in comparison to the last years I have not spend nearly as much at S@H... with Amazon Canada now selling LEGO sets and the deals at Amazon UK it's not that hard to find better deals...

Yes - the VIP sale last week was definitely better...

No minimum shipping - wait... maybe I will buy a single Series bag...
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Draug
I'm New !

Post by Draug » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:12 am

harry99 wrote:For my part, I will gladly spend my dollars elsewhere. As odd as this sounds but in comparison to the last years I have not spend nearly as much at S@H... with Amazon Canada now selling LEGO sets and the deals at Amazon UK it's not that hard to find better deals...

Yes - the VIP sale last week was definitely better...

No minimum shipping - wait... maybe I will buy a single Series bag...
When I checked last week, many of the sets Amazon UK were updated and prohibited from shipping to Canada. Almost all of the City and Technic sets were banned. Has that been updated?

I sure hope it was temporary. I had placed about a dozen orders there in the past 6 months or so.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

^ I think it's temporary. That happened before. I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:19 am

harry99 wrote:For my part, I will gladly spend my dollars elsewhere. As odd as this sounds but in comparison to the last years I have not spend nearly as much at S@H... with Amazon Canada now selling LEGO sets and the deals at Amazon UK it's not that hard to find better deals...
That'll teach em. Nothing sticks it to The Lego Company like buying more Lego elsewhere.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:06 pm

^ I don't plan on sticking it to them - I am happy if they do well as they will produce more lines, etc. I just try to maximize the LEGO I get for the money I spend :).

jmjm
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jmjm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:56 am

My local TRU was out of the Attack of the Wargs set for 50% off, but Target price matched and gave an additional $5 off! Got this set for $25, which is such a steal.

I'm not crazy about the tree and catapault but it's good for parts. The wargs, orcs, and dwarves in this set are awesome and trying to buy them separately on Bricklink I could never get them for that price!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:02 am

So the TRU and Walmart in Barrie were insane today! For those of you hoping to pick up the LEGO Marvel game for $25 to get the Iron Patriot, they restocked the game this week, and they don't have any Patriot in them.

Attack of Warg's gone at that TRU, along with a lot of the other sets that were on sale. I was on the fence about that set, so it being gone made the decision easier.

Did get a few things from shop@home today, of course most of the sets I wanted were already gone or not actually on sale in Canada.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:11 am

jmjm wrote:My local TRU was out of the Attack of the Wargs set for 50% off, but Target price matched and gave an additional $5 off! Got this set for $25, which is such a steal.

I'm not crazy about the tree and catapault but it's good for parts. The wargs, orcs, and dwarves in this set are awesome and trying to buy them separately on Bricklink I could never get them for that price!
Interesting because the Target price match policy on their website specifically says they don't match black friday deals.

jmjm
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jmjm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:55 pm

My boyfriend went this morning. He brought the TRU flyer that showed Attack of the Wargs 50% off (it was printed on the skinnier wraparound part of the flyer, on the inside front).

Here's a scan of the receipt. Maybe a cashier made a mistake giving him the discount? :shh:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:05 pm

jmjm wrote:My boyfriend went this morning. He brought the TRU flyer that showed Attack of the Wargs 50% off (it was printed on the skinnier wraparound part of the flyer, on the inside front).

Here's a scan of the receipt. Maybe a cashier made a mistake giving him the discount? :shh:
I think the mistake was the cashier read Toy R Us will beat the competitor price by an extra 10%, so she did what she did on the receipt. Was discussing this somewhere on here that should be 10% on the sale price, but not on the regular price. Funny, but dam you Target, by doing so, you are one step closer at bringing shoppers over from the darkside, Walmart.

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:01 pm

they BEAT the price by 10% or is it 10% of the difference like futureshop?

jmjm
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jmjm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Target beat the price by 10% of the regular full price of the set ($60 full price, $6 discount). My boyfriend thinks the cashier may not have known exactly what he was doing, so I don't know if this is an actual store policy or just some weird error!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:06 pm

legome wrote:they BEAT the price by 10% or is it 10% of the difference like futureshop?
I believe the only place doing the price beat at the moment is Toys R Us and it should be an extra 10% on the sale price.
jmjm wrote:Target beat the price by 10% of the regular full price of the set ($60 full price, $6 discount). My boyfriend thinks the cashier may not have known exactly what he was doing, so I don't know if this is an actual store policy or just some weird error!
What I said earlier, the cashier is new and have no clue what he is doing, or they have all been told to just price match anything plus an extra 10% off the regular price. If the latter is true, there are a couple of sets worth price matching from the Toys R Us flyer.

nami
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by nami » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Went to target this evening to see if they would match Toys R Us on the Warg set. The lady at customer service said they won't match it on Black Friday, but would match it tomorrow. After buying 5 of these from Walmart for $20 a couple weeks ago $30 didn't seem that outstanding anyway.

However, spotted 9 Star Wars advent calenders that were still there after seeing them about 10 days ago. These were at the end of the aisle with a $34.99 sticker..Not bad but I held off waiting for them to go cheaper.. Scanned them tonight and they came up $24.99..better. For every $75 purchase you received a $15 target gift card to use on anything/anytime. This brought the price down to $19.99. Used my Target credit card to save another 5% which brought the price down to $18.74 each! Really surprised that nobody was buying these even at $34.99. Was a good Black Friday after all!