LEGO Bricks & Pieces Haul

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
StClair
Count
Count

Re: LEGO Bricks & Pieces Haul

Post by StClair » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:The clock is OOS fro the Disney Castle. However the 'Once upon a time' tile piece is in stock for 25 cents. 27356

Really need to make an order before it closes for Christmas.
The clock piece is back in stock.

Thanks for alerting me to the availability of the "once upon a time tile". I really wanted it. Its part number 27356 and is 25 cents. (Just realized you had already provided that.. but I'll leave it anyway)

Also I discovered a great window piece from Elves Starlight Inn set 41174. Part number 25616. They are 41 cents each.

I checked the new star wars sets and found no interesting parts available yet. The "new" Death Star does have a new hairpiece for Han Solo and it shows up in the Brick&Pieces system but is marked unavailable or out of stock at the moment. It may never become available... or maybe it will. We'll see. Thanks again!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:13 am

PLEASE have these be added on November 1st!

Image21306 Ideas Yellow Submarine by Brickset, on Flickr

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:06 am

Oh those are great. I hope so.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Beatles set hasn't been added but the Caterham 7 has.

It has the new pasta shaped pieces, I don't know the item number. 55 cents (ouch).

Also a $2 glow-in-the-dark head.
Element 6006525
Design number 30011
Unit Price USD 1.98

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:58 pm

StClair wrote:This may be useful for those learning about Bricks & Pieces but also for those that have seen parts in sets and have questions about them. This is my first post of a "haul" of any sort so forgive me for rambling or making mistakes please.
100_5978.jpg
Its easy to confuse Pick-A-Brick and Bricks & Pieces. I don't live near an official LEGO store so I don't have regular access to a Pick-A-Brick wall so I love having access to parts with Bricks & Pieces. Of all of the options though a Pick-A-Brick wall offers the best prices.

My order arrived in a bubble-wrap lined mailer. Since discovering Bricks & Pieces I've placed several orders and all of them shipped in a similar fashion. I'm not sure if very large orders would ship in a box or if all ship this way.
100_5979.jpg
Torso's and Legs:
Its easy to find pick out lots of minifigure parts. I usually pick out too many and then have to remove some from my cart.

Pictured are the torso's and legs that I ordered. On the top left we have Catwoman's torso from Classic TV Series Batcave set #76052. Neither her hairpiece or face were available. In green we have the Riddler's torso and legs from the same set.

The black and blue torso belongs to Blue Beetle from Scarecrow: Harvest of Fear set #76054. I really like the colors and printing and think that the torso may be interesting to use in sci-fi space mocs.

The torso with the sweater is from Fun in the Park: City People Pack set #60134.

In red we have a female red torso from a Nexo Knight set. If I remember correctly it is the torso of Lavaria. It is available in Jestro's Volcano Lair set #70323 (and I think several others). The legs are also from Nexo Knights sets. They should be useful for monsters.
100_5987.jpg
Printed tiles:
I only bought four of the small 1x1 printed tiles of each Nexo Knight. I need to buy the others in future orders. The blue one takes me back to my childhood with the Falcon Knights (although there are slight differences I'm sure).

I love those goofy round 2x2 printed tiles (also from Nexo Knights sets).
100_6004_collage.jpg
Yet another purchase for my medieval themed builds. The torso and dress piece belongs to Nexo Knight minifigure Queen Halbert from Infernox captures the Queen set #70325.
100_5980.jpg
Minifigures heads!!!
My minifigure head collection has grown a lot since I returned to LEGO as an adult. I love having mixing and matching heads and hairpieces to make new characters. I always buy extra for my son and friends.

I tried to create columns of each head. In each column I tried to turn 1x backwards to display its alternate printing if its double sided. Either Lance Richmond's head is not double sided or I forgot to turn one backwards.

Top row: From left to right we have 4x Nexo Knight: Chef Eclair heads (set 70317), 2x Lance Richmond heads (70312), 1x Axl head (70322), 1x Ava Prentice head (70324), 2x Queen Halbert heads (set 70325).

2nd row: six different enemy heads from various Nexo Knights sets. The first two have printing on the back but its not an alternate expression (as you can see in the photo). The remaining four each have slightly different expressions on the back).

Bottom row: 6x lady face with glasses (set 60134), 6x Louis Tulley heads (75827). In set #75827 Louis Tulley is seen with two different faces so I assumed that it is double sided. I wanted the other face. Apparently it is NOT double sided. *Bummer. 4x Jestro heads (Nexo Knight 70316), 6x man with mustache heads (set 60134), 6x Moltor heads (70313) which has back printing but its not an alternate expression, 6x Aaron Fox heads with beaming smile and freckles (set 70313).

*I'm listening to a Jangbricks review while writing this to discover the truth behind the Louis Tulley head.*
Update: Louis Tulley has 2x different heads in the set. One is double sided and one is not. Thanks Jang!
100_5981.jpg
100_5982.jpg
Hair:
From left to right: Classic Joker (from TV series Batcave) different green than previous Joker minifigures), white hairpiece (set 60134), Beast/prince hair (Belle's Enchanted Castle 41067), white long hair (librarian 75827), Dark Brown long hair (Dana 75827). Both the white and dark brown hair pieces are the same part (just in different colors).
100_5983.jpg
Hats and helmets From left to right:
New hoods with "elf" ears!
-Blue (Medium Azur) Mini doll wig, hood w/ears No.2 design #26543 from Elves: set #41180 used for Naida minifigure.
-Magneta (BR.red-viol.) Mini doll wig, hood w/ears No.1 design #26536 from Elves: set #41179 used for Azari minifigure. NOTE each hood has different skin tone colors and a different design on the top of the hood
-Orange (BR orange) Hood for Cloak design #98011 (set 76058) used for Hobgoblin minifig
-Silver (Silver Met.) Mini crash helmet design #30124 from various sets and available in lots of colors
-Silver (Silver Met.) Mini Visor No. 4 (design #22400) from Nexo Knight set #70314 used for Macy Halbert minifig
-Purple (Medium Lavendel) Top Hat - Mini figure (design #3878)) from Batman set #76052 used for the Penguin minifigure
-Light grey (Med. St-Grey) ninja hoods (design #96034) from Ninjago set #70590
-Dark brown (DK. brown) Peasant/Farmer cap/hood (design #4505) from set #70314
-Silver (Silver Met.) knight visor (design #22395) from Nexo Knight set #70322 used for Axl minifig
-brown/tan (DK.ora) scarecrow hat with hair (design #20606) from DC comics set #67054
-Black (Black) goblin hat /mini hat No.27 (design #18984) from Nexo Knight set #70323 used for Bookkeeper minifigure NOTE -has red ears
-Purple (BR.red-viol.) goblin hat/mini hat No.27 (design #18984) from Marvel set #76057 used for Green Goblin minifigure NOTE -has green ears (not sure of particular green color).
-Black (Black) mini helmet No. 89 (design #22425) from Nexo Knight set #70315 (and others) used for Ash Attacker minifigure
100_5985.jpg
100_5991.jpg
I love these "Elf" hoods with ears! I really, really want to see one with yellow ears! Maybe in a dark green?

The peasant hat (farmer cap) is very useful in medieval builds. Its been around for long time and in different brown colors. I was very happy to see it re-appear in a set because I needed some.

I'm a little excited about the black Nexo Knight Ash Attacker helmet. It reminds me a little of the hat created for Mola Ram from Indiana Jones. It has spots for horns or attachments on either side.
100_5986.jpg
100_5990.jpg
I've always liked these "Jedi" hoods because they can be used in so many different themes and time periods. Is this the first time that its been created in this bright orange color? I've seen them in different browns, dark red, white, black, grey and blue so far.

To the best of my knowledge the top hat had only appeared in black before but its possible that I missed an appearance in a different color. I would love to see it in more colors and also different sizes for variety in historical city scenes.

AND the scarecrow hat! I LOVE this hat with hair hanging down. Its been used at least once in CMF 14 for the Wacky Witch but in different colors (purple hat and grey hair). $3.10 from Bricks & Pieces (ouch)
100_5988.jpg
100_5989.jpg
Another that I love is this Green Goblin hat with ears. Its been used before with the goblin from CMF series 13 (brown with ears in a different green) and again in black (with red ears) in the Nexo Knight theme. Also its been used for Green Goblin in a LEGO Juniors set and a Mighty Micros set. The purple and green may be different in those versions of Green Goblin. $2.66 on Bricks & Pieces

Remember the Ninja theme from the late 1990's? I remember seeing these hoods in those sets and then it was used again in some of the early Ninjago sets. I'm glad to see them re-appear again for more variety. I really liked finding it in this light grey in case I want to use them for plain grey sculptures.
100_6019.jpg
I discussed these "Elf" hoods earlier in the post. Again note that each has different designs on the top of the hood AND each has different skin tone colors used for the ears. There is another available in a purplish-lavender color in another Elf set. I don't have it yet. As I mentioned earlier I really hope to see these in different colors with yellow ears.
100_6015_collage.jpg
100_6016_collage.jpg
This blue color doesn't really match any of the minifigures that I quickly gathered for photographs. Hopefully in the future I can find a use for it. I suppose with a matching blue cape it would look OK on a minifigure of different colors.

It looks very nice with regular minifigures I think (not just Friends and Elves mini-dolls)
100_5992.jpg
Misc parts:
Grey (MED. St-grey) Torso No.1 (design #24078) from Nexo Knights set #70327 used for various "bots" in the Nexo Knight theme
Green (DK.Green) Wing for minifigure (design #93250) from Marvel: set #76059 used for Vulture minifigure (and others in the past in different colors)
Red (BR.red) Creature Body No.26 W.arm No.1 (design #24133) from Nexo Knights set #70315 (and others) used for "scurrier" figures
Black (Black) beard for mage (design #10052) from Ninjago set #70595 used for (is it?) Master Yang
Green (Sand Green) Minifigure Trophy (design #90398) from Architecture: 21028
White (White) Minifigure Trophy (design #90398) from Architecture: 21026
Black (Black) Mini Pony Tail (design #22411) from Marvel set #76059 used for White Tiger minifigure
100_5993_collage.jpg
100_5996_collage.jpg
I love these little guys! The LEGO site refers to them as "scurriers" and there are several different variations (different printing/faces).

I love the face of this one. His looks very mischievous. Their arms move but the hands don't come off. There are holes on both sides of the head. In the Nexo Knight sets they are used to attach horns. There is also a hole in the back for a tail.
100_6001.jpg
Hats and hairpieces fit on these guys! But... the shape of the body does limit which hats and hairpieces fit. As you can see this hat doesn't fit.
100_5997_collage.jpg
Here is the "goblin hat" used for the Bookkeeper minifigure on my scurrier!
100_5999_collage.jpg
And the top hat works as well.
100_6002_collage.jpg
I couldn't quickly find any red "horn" pieces so I used different colors. In the future I'll try different parts to see how they work. Note the top hat sits above the holes for horns so it works with horns. Some hair and hat pieces extend down past the holes.
100_6006.jpg
Knight Helmets and Shoulder Armor

I'm still waiting to get a few of the other visor parts from Nexo Knights.

The one on the right is the one that I most wanted though so I'm happy. Just a bigger more bulky visor than we've seen in the past for medieval themes.

They look nice with the shoulder armor. NOTE the shoulder armor on the left is a different color than the other.
100_6008.jpg

The back of the shoulder armor has stud's to attach parts which is useful but looks horrible for those that want to use them for traditional medieval mocs.

Also there is the "hole" in the front that affects which torso may or may not look OK with the armor.

Nearly every armor piece like these that I've seen has orange on the shoulders. It was great to find some without extra colors.
100_6007.jpg
Side view with armor.

Bricks & Pieces info:
-Armor (Titan. Metal) Armor No.17 (design #22402) from Nexo Knights set #70326 used for Robin Underwood minifigure
-Armor... the second armor piece is in Silver Met. color but I don't remember the set that I found it in. The design # is the same as the one above.
-Visors (Silver Met.) Mini Visor No.3 (design #22395) from Nexo Knights set #70317 used for Axl minifigure
-Visors (Silver Met.) Mini Visor No.4 (design #22400) from Nexo Knights set #70314 used for Macy Halbert minifigure
100_6010.jpg
100_6011.jpg
100_6009.jpg
From the front these look good with armor. From a side view though the first visor sticks out a lot. Maybe a little too much? with armor though it isn't as noticeable.
100_6012.jpg
NOTE the second visor (on right) has a larger hole on top (for plumes) than visors that we've seen in the past. The traditional plumes won't fit. This one is supposed to work with Mini Pony Tail (design #22411) but I really struggled to fit it into the hole.
100_5984.jpg
Helmets for army building. I've seen these in several different colors over the years.
-Grey (Silver Met.) Steel Helmet (design #30273)
NOTE this is not the super shiny color that was available years ago in Castle themes although I really like this variation.
They are also currently available in BR.Blue in Nexo Knights sets.

I hope this was helpful or interesting to someone. Thanks for reading and best wishes!

How much did all this cost you?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:19 pm

That's one hell of a quote.

It's not cheap, however you can get some decent minifies for like $1.50-$2. Some are a lot more. Dual molds aren't worth it.

I bought like 10 of the two singing faces from the Toy Shop. One it comes back up in a few weeks just look for the minifies you want. They never have NinjaGo bad guys for some reason.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:That's one hell of a quote.

It's not cheap, however you can get some decent minifies for like $1.50-$2. Some are a lot more. Dual molds aren't worth it.

I bought like 10 of the two singing faces from the Toy Shop. One it comes back up in a few weeks just look for the minifies you want. They never have NinjaGo bad guys for some reason.
I did not think that through in terms of the quote. They sometimes don't even have the simplest of pieces in bricks and pieces, which pisses me off.

Katra
I'm New !

Post by Katra » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 pm

I am impatiently waiting for Feb 1 and Bricks and Pieces ordering opens again to check on some new parts.

FYI large orders do come in a box - same type of box as Pick a Brick.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Katra wrote:I am impatiently waiting for Feb 1 and Bricks and Pieces ordering opens again to check on some new parts.

FYI large orders do come in a box - same type of box as Pick a Brick.
Me too! Lots of new sets have been released with new parts.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:30 pm

I ordered some replacement parts I think about a week ago now, when do you guys think I should expect it? Another week? A month?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:28 am

askthelegoguy wrote:I ordered some replacement parts I think about a week ago now, when do you guys think I should expect it? Another week? A month?
Normally within two weeks. if you are missing pieces or broken ones they give them to you right away. It's interesting I bought B&P on December 15th, they came in on December 23rd. I also bought P@B at the same time, they came in on January 23ish.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
askthelegoguy wrote:I ordered some replacement parts I think about a week ago now, when do you guys think I should expect it? Another week? A month?
Normally within two weeks. if you are missing pieces or broken ones they give them to you right away. It's interesting I bought B&P on December 15th, they came in on December 23rd. I also bought P@B at the same time, they came in on January 23ish.
I checked their site. It says 7-10 work days. So far it has been 5 work days, I hate waiting!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:53 am

IT'S BACK!!!!

I just checked ASSEMBLY SQUARE, sadly no corner door / window piece available. But the dancer's too-too is only 69 cents and I think that's new, a slice of pie is 40 cents (ouch).

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Brick & Blue, it's been 10 days now, and I still haven't received it or gotten any emails from them.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:50 pm

The torso armor from Ninjago 70621 is available. Hopefully it will still be available when I place a future order.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:48 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:Brick & Blue, it's been 10 days now, and I still haven't received it or gotten any emails from them.
I never got those pieces I ordered.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:18 am

askthelegoguy wrote:
askthelegoguy wrote:Brick & Blue, it's been 10 days now, and I still haven't received it or gotten any emails from them.
I never got those pieces I ordered.
They halt the Bricks and Pieces program at some point around Christmas. It could be that they have a lot of orders after the holidays and upon start back.

Definitely call customer service and talk to someone. I've placed several Bricks and Pieces orders. Some very large orders and some very small orders with very little problems. There was one order that didn't ship because there was a particular part that was out of stock. When I called they noticed the problem. I requested that they cancel that item and ship the rest. It arrived very quickly after that. The customer service rep that I spoke with was very courteous. Best of luck.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:26 pm

StClair wrote:
They halt the Bricks and Pieces program at some point around Christmas. It could be that they have a lot of orders after the holidays and upon start back.

Definitely call customer service and talk to someone. I've placed several Bricks and Pieces orders. Some very large orders and some very small orders with very little problems. There was one order that didn't ship because there was a particular part that was out of stock. When I called they noticed the problem. I requested that they cancel that item and ship the rest. It arrived very quickly after that. The customer service rep that I spoke with was very courteous. Best of luck.
So it has nothing to do with the size of the replacement parts order? It's just because they may not have one of the pieces?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:52 am

askthelegoguy wrote:
StClair wrote:

So it has nothing to do with the size of the replacement parts order? It's just because they may not have one of the pieces?
Its possible that the problem might be a part that they are out of stock. I was able to go to VIP and check orders. In the order summary I could see that one part was pending or out of stock (I forget the exact word used). Then I called and asked about my order and told them that if the order was being delay because of that part to just remove that part from the order. Its very possible that its in limbo because of an out of stock part. Its far from a perfect system... but I'm happy being able to order the parts.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 pm

Parts from:
Modular Bank:
-tan hairpiece (sheldon?) 15500 price 0.60
-glass piece with decor/design 25803 1.67 each
-glass laundry mat "suds" 25802 1.56 each

Assembly Square:
-ballet dress 24087 0.69