TeeKay's Ghostbusters LEGO Project Achieves 10 000 Votes

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

TeeKay's Ghostbusters LEGO Project Achieves 10 000 Votes

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Another Ghostbuster Cuusoo LEGO creation has achieved 10 000 votes. Congratulations TeeKay! This version contains 425 pieces which includes the ECTO-1 and four Ghostbusters. Earlier this month, Brentwaller's Ghostbuster creation also achieved 10 000 votes. What do you think the outcome will be for LEGO's decision on these Cuusoo creations?

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/teekays-ghostbus ... 000-votes/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Re: TeeKay's Ghostbusters LEGO Project Achieves 10 000 Votes

Post by exciter1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:56 am

I was really hoping the HQ was part of the set.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:39 am

^ Well, we don't know what the final set will consist of - there has been no decision made regarding whether or not it will even go to the product stage, let alone what the product will be.

This is just a story about how a second project based on the same source material has reached 10K support before the cut-off for the next round of reviews, which is a unique situation for CUUSOO.

My opinion is that having two similar projects in the review stage will give it double-weight in considering moving it on to production. It shows that there is a lot of support for the idea (which should translate into purchases).

The interesting thing will be whether or not both creators share the 2% profit (1% each) or if they will both be granted 2% each. TeeKay's project was on the site for a longer time yet was second to reach 10K, but BrentWaller's project was a bit higher quality in terms of build and presentation and skyrocketed to 10K faster. Both have unique aspects to their respective interpretations of the ECTO-1 vehicle, so the end result will probably be some sort of combination of the two with some LEGO designer touches thrown in for good measure. Remember how different the proposed BTTF Delorean was compared to the end result (and this is just to say that, if it DOES reach production, the end result ECTO-1 will most likely not look just like either iteration - this is not the place to complain if you don't like the BTTF set).

To me, this is somewhat of a dream come true, though, if it does go into production. I'm almost certain that the first letter I ever wrote to a company was to TLG, asking them to make a Ghostbusters theme. The (paraphrased) response I got back said that they pride themselves on coming up with their own themes, and don't license the rights to outside intellectual properties. My how times have changed, no? ;-)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:28 pm

I agree it will be interesting to see how the issue of two people proposing similar ideas will be handled. I agree that it could give it extra weight (support for both projects evidence of support) but at same time could cause trouble and drama. Is anyone familiar with BrickQueen on youtube? I just learned of event concerning her and her cussuu project yesterday.