Haunted House 10228

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Haunted House 10228

Post by MrVEP » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Well it seems that HH has started the "Sold out"/ "Back in stock" process, like in the UK.
How long will it really last? Will it go as the SSD?

I was able to get one earlier in September with the 2 promos.
I'm glad I did not wait.

Share your opinions...

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Haunted House 10228

Post by emazers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Looks like most have missed the Boat on This Exclusive as most people just wait to the last minute and would rather spend hundreds and thousands on those walmart,target,etc clearance sales that most will be a failure, instead of buying those SSD,when they had 3 years, and should be getting GE,TB,HH,Camper, and starting in 2015 should be getting more DS,PS,Batman Ayslum, R2-D2 Droid and a few others, if you wait to the end you will miss out on the big money.

Kainzzo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kainzzo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:48 pm

I have an order still pending. I received the promo Spaceman and Chima bike bonuses for the purchase but the HH is still not updated. I'm not buying the set as an investment but to build. I missed the SSD and have no one but myself to blame. Supply and demand basics really.I was on the fence until I heard that it was sold out then I REALLY wanted it. Human nature is funny.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:09 am

Kainzzo wrote:I have an order still pending. I received the promo Spaceman and Chima bike bonuses for the purchase but the HH is still not updated. I'm not buying the set as an investment but to build. I missed the SSD and have no one but myself to blame. Supply and demand basics really.I was on the fence until I heard that it was sold out then I REALLY wanted it. Human nature is funny.
They still sell it at I think Walmart\Target US, but TRU in the states for sure. For those that are still looking, they can check them out. Only bad thing is markup and no promo except TRU till bricktober next month. Fun build and not a bad investment in my opinion.

emmasam
I'm New !

Post by emmasam » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:28 am

It is not a licensed set, so Lego get to call IF they want to run it again or not. If enough people demand it, and it is a money maker then high chance they will. Will any of us throw money away?

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by emazers » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:27 am

They have never bought an Exclusive back in its original form 'Mold' so forget about them bringing back the 10228 Haunted House. Like I said you had 2 years to get it, and most Exclusives are running about 3 years now. But you can't wait to the last minute, But most would be investors fail to do it. How many of you guys are kicking yourself for not buying the SSD. Alot of guys don't have any, 3 Years to get them and most have none to just a few. and it seems the same thing has happened with the Haunted House, and the GE is done very soon.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:07 pm

I almost miss this set too!

I remember that we started the Lego interest when my son and I went to the TRU 2012 Bricktober Halloween event. My son got the free Monster Fighter promotional pack and for some reason the lady also gave me one; I still have it, unopened (my first Lego product as an adult). Some days later I took the promo pack and decided to start looking online for more Lego info. I didn’t know about the Modular system or the Creator line. After that Target put the Ghost poly on sale after Hollowing at 30% off and I bought 2. That was it, I was hooked; minifigures followed and some LOTR sets on clearance.

I discovered Lego Shop and other websites. The following year I went to the Lego Discovery Center in Orlando and saw the HH there. I was blown away; it looked so cool I knew I was going to get it… someday
But the HH never was within my budget and I pass some sales; even forgot about the set. Until the beginning of this month that for some reason it came to my mind and I was able to finally get it, just in time; also received GE yesterday. ;-)

I think almost every Lego city MOC should have that spooky place and HH fits perfectly.

TheKragle
I'm New !

Post by TheKragle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:35 am

Bummed I got my order cancelled from the Lego Store. They sent me the free promos' a few weeks ago so I thought I was good to go on the house... I finally went into my email today to find out that they will not be sending one.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:04 am

I found a website that will alert you when the in-stock status of items changes, NowInStock.com, and set up alerts for HH at S@H, Target, Walmart, Amazon... I got an email this morning that Target.com had it back as listed in stock, and it was, but by the time I got to work it was out again. I have a feeling this will blip in and out at various places all month.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

TheKragle
I'm New !

Post by TheKragle » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Darn it just missed it at Walmart.com about an hour ago.....

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:51 am

Status changed to listed as 'Call to Check Availability' at LEGO Shop @ Home...

Called and they said sold out...

One can hope...

Happybelly
I'm New !

Post by Happybelly » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:50 am

In stock online at Target right now. Probably won't last long.

Goat of Death
I'm New !

Post by Goat of Death » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Happybelly wrote:In stock online at Target right now. Probably won't last long.

Yeah, I saw that last night. Got so far as to charge my credit card, but then the order didn't complete. Looking at my card's web site I had both a pending charge and a pending refund. So just missed it.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:25 am

The Haunted House currently in stock at Walmart.com this morning 10/25/14.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Monster- ... t/22663995?

Picked up an extra, I would hurry though, I'm sure it will not last. :)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:15 am

I got the alert on this while I was out of the house and the transaction wouldn't go through on my phone. It kept saying that it couldn't determine the shipping date of the item, which was a weird message. :-|

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:43 am

vynsane wrote:I got the alert on this while I was out of the house and the transaction wouldn't go through on my phone. It kept saying that it couldn't determine the shipping date of the item, which was a weird message. :-|
Sorry Vynsane, that it didn't work. Actually I got that same message as well. For some reason the item did not allow me to to ship-to-store. I was able to ship it to home without any issues though.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 am

Huh... I had initially chosen to to ship-to-store but then changed it to ship-to-home. Perhaps the site didn't correctly acknowledge that change. Either way, it's gone out of stock again.