Nanoblock

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
legofans
Peasant
Peasant

Nanoblock

Post by legofans » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:05 pm

Guys, what do you think about Nanoblock compared to Lego?
http://www.mynanoblock.com/site/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is from Japan and just enter the US market. Currently Toys R us has some of them.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Nanoblock

Post by vynsane » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Wow, they're really small. I guess they're not considered a choking hazard at that size!

Obviously the lack of distinct pieces like slopes and the like make the models presented less elegant than LEGO these days. They look like really early LEGO sets, but extremely miniaturized.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legofans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by legofans » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:04 am

Yes, they only have the flat pieces no unique pieces like lego and certainly nothing like lego technic, no moving doors etc.
Lack playability but I think the color and the design is pretty amazing. One of the big set is himeji castle:
http://www.amazon.com/Nanoblock-Archite ... B002A9J5SC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:24 am

With that size I have to say its more versatile than other LEGO like brands like MEGAbloks. Vynsane has it pretty much right that it looks like older LEGO models, except with more colors. I think they look better than a lot of other LEGO ripoffs though.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:43 pm

I saw the sets today at TRU. They really are pretty cool. Although you need some fantastic fine motor skills to assemble it...they are tiny! A small set (panda, koala, frog, pig, giraffe) was $7.99 which seemed kind of pricey for what it was. I might get one to try if they go on sale.

legofans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by legofans » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:15 am

I am with you atmail35. I want to get my hand on it but waiting for the sale.

yeti79
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by yeti79 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:55 pm

These do look neat from what I have seen of them but wouldn't buy them myself they are just too tiny for me

Rook
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Rook » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:04 pm

I'd be more likely to go with one of the other knock brands just because they're compatible.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:39 pm

I bought my first Nanoblock set while Christmas shopping. The set is called Kinkaku-ji. It contains 370 pieces and I was able to get it for about $10 while placing a Christmas order on Amazon. It was fun to build even though the pieces were so tiny. Reallly tiny. Even smaller than I thought. Someone else mentioned that they use only basic pieces.. no slopes which is true. Also the pieces are almost a brick/plate hybrid in height to width ratio. The instructions were of course not as easy to follow as LEGO instructions but they weren't too bad once you adapt to them.

I bought them because I really want to use them for a forced perspective shot... use them to build something to appear very very far away in the background. Before purchasing them I saw a MOC somewhere online in which LEGO minifigures were building something with Nanoblocks. That is when my interest was piqued. I won't be buying many but i wouldn't mind purchasing a few more if I can find them at a discounted price. The Big Ben set looks fun. I also noticed images for licensed characters (Nanoblock) for characters such as Megaman, Hello Kitty, Sesame Street and Pokemon.

sketchman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sketchman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:46 am

IMO....these are terrible...way too small and takes too long to build anything...my 12 year old gave up after about 45 min of building...

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:06 pm

Unless you have tiny little fingers, take a pass...
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:35 am

Nanoblock Sagrada Familia is discounted on Amazon for $5.97 (list price $19.99). Package shows over 550 piece count. Thats about a penny per piece (granted they are tiny). Most of the parts in the one are brown. If I were placing an order I would add this one to my basket. Heres the link to it http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FP ... PDKIKX0DER

I prefer Big Ben
http://www.amazon.com/Nanoblock-58146-B ... P5KMXEAQQR

or Taj Mahal
http://www.amazon.com/Nanoblock-Taj-Mah ... P5KMXEAQQR

But I'll wait to see if I can get them cheaper at some point.

The only one that I've bought to date is Nanoblocks Kinkaku-Ji which is now $9.98 and has a piece count of over 370. http://www.amazon.com/Nanoblock-58142-N ... P5KMXEAQQR

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:34 am

I'm kind of tempted by the Moai Statues set.

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am

Mantisking wrote:I'm kind of tempted by the Moai Statues set.
I saw a bunch at Target for 70% and had the Moai set in hand for a while before I put it back. Probably would have grabbed the Taj and Moai set but I was heading to TRU for the Lego Movie Police Dropship and my fun money was tied up.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:03 pm

If you have a large Kroger grocery store near you that carries toys you may want to check for close-out Nanoblock sets. My local Kroger had the Chrysler Builder and the Leaning Tower of Pisa for $9.99 each. They also had a few small animal builds such as the Polar Bear for $4.99 (regular $9.99 I believe). I started to buy the Leaning tower of Pisa but even though they were a good price I'm holding out for a killer deal on Big Ben, or Taj Mahal.

Slickbricks
I'm New !

Post by Slickbricks » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:20 pm

I think these are more for adults than children because they are lacking the mini figures and special pieces (wheels, windscreens, doors, windows etc) that from my experience are what children really enjoy playing with.

If you had a huge number of these tiny bricks you could make very detailed models but it would take a lot of time and planing to put together.