Mattel Inc. Mega Bloks Building Toys - New York Toy Fair 2016

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Mattel Inc. Mega Bloks Building Toys - New York Toy Fair 2016

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:20 am

Mega Brands, primary producer of Mega Bloks is The LEGO Group's direct competition. The toy company was acquired in 2014 by Mattel. Mega Bloks' interlocking bricks are compatible with LEGO bricks. Below are some of the new and upcoming products taken from the 2016 New York Toy Fair.

Mega Bloks American Girls Building Toy Set

Mega Bloks Call of Duty Building Sets

Mega Bloks Halo Building Sets

Mega Bloks Minions Despicable Me

Mega Bloks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Building Sets

*For other products Mattel has showcased at the New York Toy Fair including Hot Wheels and Barbie, please check this post.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/mattel-inc-mega- ... fair-2016/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Mattel Inc. Mega Bloks Building Toys - New York Toy Fair

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:00 am

I miss the TMNT line. :(

larsnelson76
Peasant
Peasant

Post by larsnelson76 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:22 am

I wish some of these pieces were available on a site like bricklink. I am interested in checking them out. There are always a few cool pieces that other brands make. I really have no interest in getting any set though.

The Halo and Call of Duty might as well be army men for how few pieces there are.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:10 pm

larsnelson76 wrote:I wish some of these pieces were available on a site like bricklink. I am interested in checking them out. There are always a few cool pieces that other brands make.
You are not the only one.
larsnelson76 wrote:The Halo and Call of Duty might as well be army men for how few pieces there are.
Do you mean the army builder style sets? Then I agree with you. The regular Halo/CoD sets aren't bad in terms of piece count.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:I miss the TMNT line. :(
Me too! I would have really liked to have had Rocksteady, Bebop and Usagi (the rabbit ronin). I wish they could have done just a few more. The Mega Bloks versions look pretty cool. I've been tempted to buy a few but I've resisted the urge so far.

supercal
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by supercal » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:54 am

The moment Mattel acquired Mega Bloks, I kept thinking "Masters of the Universe" bricks. They own the license, it would be quite the popular line if they do it right.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:34 pm

supercal wrote:The moment Mattel acquired Mega Bloks, I kept thinking "Masters of the Universe" bricks. They own the license, it would be quite the popular line if they do it right.
For anyone interested I found a decent deal for the Mega Bloks Kubros line at Target and Walmart (online)

Both have the Kubros items on sale for $9.99 each (retail $15)

Walmart offers free in store pick up (if you are lucky to find the one item that you are looking for online).

Target is offering free shipping (even for just one) plus additional 20% off if you enter KIDSGIFTS in the promo/coupon field.

I was able to order both Skeletor and Hellboy for $16.94 (grand total including tax).

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=kubros