[USA] Creator LEGO Aviation Adventures 31% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] Creator LEGO Aviation Adventures 31% off

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Amazon America currently has LEGO Creator Aviation Adventures on sale for $41.34 (reg.$59.99). Savings work out to be 31% off. They also have LEGO Castle Gatehouse Raid for $22.25 (reg.$29.99), LEGO Super Heroes Doc Ock Heist for $15.54 (reg.$19.99) and LEGO Creator Treehouse for $23.49 (reg.$29.99). Savings work out to be 26% and 22% off respectively.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-creator-lego ... es-31-off/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Creator LEGO Aviation Adventures 31% off

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:36 am

I'm curious to hear opinions on the Aviation Adventure set. It's on its way out this year, and I'm contemplating picking a few up. This is a pretty good price, but it can be found all over for about the same: costco on-line and in store, target.com, etc.

I built one last year, and thought it was an amazing build. At the time it was my new favorite set. It has a number of fun mechanical features, like the sliding cockpit and rotating propeller.
It's also mini-fig compatible! although a bit large for a city-scale scene.
My dislike of the set is I found secondary builds were not as great, and I don't like having so many white bricks. But the dark blue plates and variety of slopes make up for that a little bit.

It appears the set has been only weakly popular, as its been discounted in so many places for a while now. Is there some glaring flaw in the set that I'm missing?

brickz
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Creator LEGO Aviation Adventures 31% off

Post by brickz » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:27 am

Creator sets aren't as popular as the other themes like modular buildings and super heroes. I guess it's because of the lack of minifigures. But then again there are now minifigures in many new creator sets.