21302 The Big Bang Theory, LEGO Ideas #010

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

21302 The Big Bang Theory, LEGO Ideas #010

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:59 am

Update: LEGO Ideas blog is reporting that the set will contain 479 pieces and will be available starting August 1. Price will be $59.99 US / EUR 59,99.

After a seven-month wait since the announcement that The Big Bang Theory was selected for production via LEGO Ideas, the actual product is finally ready to be revealed!

Indulge your inner genius and build this LEGO® version of Leonard and Sheldon’s living room as seen in the hit American sitcom The Big Bang Theory! This set was created by two LEGO fan designers— Alatariel from Sweden and Glen Bricker from the USA—and selected by LEGO Ideas members. Featuring loads of authentic details to satisfy all The Big Bang Theory devotees and including minifigures of all seven main characters from the show, it’s ideal for display or role-play fun. Includes 7 minifigures with assorted accessory elements: Leonard, Sheldon, Penny, Howard, Raj, Amy and Bernadette. $59.99
The piece count is still not available, but I'd wager we'll get that as well as a new video and more detailed pictures soon.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/21302-the-big-ba ... ideas-010/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 21302 The Big Bang Theory, LEGO Ideas #010

Post by Brickred » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:48 am

479 pcs - $59.99 I want to know how many stickers we might have here.

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:39 pm

I have zero interest in the source material but I see some lovely accessories in this set and some nice minifigs.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Personally, I love the Chinese food containers the most ;-)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:06 pm

MF's look a lot better in bigger pictures. Only plain looking one now is Penny.

moo spyker
I'm New !

Post by moo spyker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:07 pm

Will this be very hard to get? Seems like the last few ideas sets sell out instantly... like the science and exo-suit.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:29 pm

vynsane wrote:Personally, I love the Chinese food containers the most ;-)
But why forks? Where are the chop sticks????
VENI VIDI VICI

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:42 pm

vynsane wrote:Personally, I love the Chinese food containers the most ;-)
So I'm not the only one huh? :up:

The Chinese food jumped out at me right away and would be perfect for making all kinds of custom scenes and set ups. I also like the little red and blue mini-minifig statutes. They'd make an awesome Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots toy for child minifigs to play with. Several of the decorative touches are nice too. Not really sure what the marker boards are about though since any references to the series mean nothing to me.

Derevans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Derevans » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Is anyone even interested in this set? I can't believe it beat out so many others. I am rooting for adventure time!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:35 pm

I like it. I do but I would have preferred others. Anyone could take a green lantern torso and make a Sheldon with a hairpiece and face. Same goes for the other characters. BUT it is a nice looking build and the minfigures look great with attention to detail. I too like the printed tiles and accessories scattered around the room. Its nice. Its a bit higher than I like but expected being a Big Bang Theory item. I like the show. Its not my favorite and I don't have cable but I do enjoy it when I see it. I'll consider purchasing it. If I could get the minifigure parts (torso's and what not) and accessories that interest me cheaply without buying the entire set I may do that instead.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:13 pm

moo spyker wrote:Will this be very hard to get? Seems like the last few ideas sets sell out instantly... like the science and exo-suit.
Are you still looking for an Exo-Suit? There were a ton of them at the Danbury, CT LEGO Store yesterday - I would be happy to pick one up for you if you need it. It's far from sold out (at least at that location). I'm planning on picking up at least one if not two more for myself. I love that set.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:47 pm

vynsane wrote:
moo spyker wrote:Will this be very hard to get? Seems like the last few ideas sets sell out instantly... like the science and exo-suit.
Are you still looking for an Exo-Suit? There were a ton of them at the Danbury, CT LEGO Store yesterday - I would be happy to pick one up for you if you need it. It's far from sold out (at least at that location). I'm planning on picking up at least one if not two more for myself. I love that set.
They are in all my local lego stores right now, discovery center is full of exo suits also but originally exo suit and science ladies were sold out in hours if I remember correctly, for some reason exo suit came back though....other ideas sets like delorean, ghostbusters and the 3 birds were never a problem to get, btw, ghostbusters is not showing on shoplego.com anymore....
VENI VIDI VICI

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Ghostbuster's set didn't show up once before (less than a month ago) for about 2 days. I believe it was Tuesday that I noticed that once again it disappeared from the shop at home site (not sold out... simply didn't show up). Then it reappeared and now its gone again. I think it will be back (although I only guessing)

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 pm

The Exo-Suit is still available right now on Lego's shop at home site. I wish the Delorean was too. I missed that one and every reseller seems to have 50+ of them.

Anyone else ever feel like strangling the guys who do that? :think:

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Richard J. wrote:The Exo-Suit is still available right now on Lego's shop at home site. I wish the Delorean was too. I missed that one and every reseller seems to have 50+ of them.

Anyone else ever feel like strangling the guys who do that? :think:
Are the prices high? The Delorean was easy to get so I don't blame people for who decided to buy a bunch for resell. Once the Dimensions BTTF sets come out the price should stabilize.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:29 am

I would only buy this set for investment. But in the long run, it might not be worth it. I'm going to pass on this set. I did buy Ecto 1 and the BTTF sets. The Delorean was a let down since the doors were so flimsy.

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:52 pm

videriant wrote:Are the prices high? The Delorean was easy to get so I don't blame people for who decided to buy a bunch for resell. Once the Dimensions BTTF sets come out the price should stabilize.
The prices can be high depending on the seller but what gets really frustrating is the decently priced ones also tend to be multiple buy lots. Also shipping is high on any decently priced ones. So basically you can buy one for a high price and pay a lot extra in shipping, buy one closer to original cost and be soaked on the shipping, or buy several extras (which I don't really want) at a decent combined price, or pay for a large number at a high price. Basically there's no "I just want one at a decent price without being over charged on shipping" option. At least not when I've checked.

I'm not flush with cash right now so my prioritizing has been going to newer sets I can get in store or from Lego's shop at home site. VIP points and local sales rule! The markup on older sets is just crazy at times. Don't even get me started on the modular buildings from the Creator line. They are gorgeous but holy bricks! When you are paying close to a $1000 for a Lego set just because a few people bought dozens if not hundreds of those sets then something has gone wrong with the system.

Ah, this is all off topic anyway. What matters right now is those Chinese food bricks! :-D

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:17 pm

I love the green lantern power battery on the hearth! This scene is neat, with some nice pieces.
Last edited by zmw92 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jon_Solo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Jon_Solo » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Anyone care to take a stab at what's going on at the bottom of the dry-erase board on the left side of the box? It looks, eh...a little vulgar to be on a Lego box ; )

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:04 pm

Jon_Solo wrote:Anyone care to take a stab at what's going on at the bottom of the dry-erase board on the left side of the box? It looks, eh...a little vulgar to be on a Lego box ; )
I can't see...
VENI VIDI VICI